• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guinness World Records Announces Top 50 Video Game Endings

Tex117

Banned
Hmmm.

Here is another list:

Worst Lists of all time

1) Guiness Book Of World Records, Best video game endings.

2) The rest.

HAHA I played through Black Ops single player once (lol I liked multi, thought it might be fun, it wasn't) and I don't even remember what happened.

Some random dudebro died? Government shit?

AMMMMMMMEEEEEEERICA!

Bestest evar!

ASTROID2

How is LoZ Wind Waker not on there. Link stabbed Ganondorf in the head. That was the best video game ending ever. Horrible list because they missed wind waker.

SoilBreak

Banned
4sWzy.gif

I thought the Guinness Book of World Records was about things that could be objectively measured. When did they start including results of polls?

About the list itself...no Phantasy Star II=fail.

Aexact

I thought the Guinness Book of World Records was about things that could be objectively measured. When did they start including results of polls?

Man, I thought so too but it looks like The Guinness Book of World Records: Gamer's edition has existed since 2008.

It measures quantifiable stuff like top selling games and such but it also ran similar polls about "Top 100 Arcade Games", "Top 50 Console Games", fluid things like High Scores, and miscellaneous tidbits that aren't really records so much as trivia like "First Game in Core Battlefield Series to Feature a Single-Player Campaign".

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That list is so wacked. I actually wonder what criteria they used to choose those games. I'm really curious...

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I beat Black Ops twice, and I still had to go on Youtube and remember the ending.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I read this and thought it was a random website but this is the Guiness Record official thing?!

Jesus Christ. Read Dead Redemption isn't even in the top 5 list. Damn it.

MisterHero

I will agree with CoDBlOps if it were "Best Multiplayer Situations"

JFK, Richard Nixon, Robert McNamara in the White House sequestering bunker is a great scenario for a zombie game

MechDX

Yup. I was blown away by that ending. I wonder if the people complaining have even seen it.

My guess would be no. Reach's ending was heart breaking, gut pounding, testosterone pumping awesomeness.

Seriously though, Reach's ending was even more spectacular because if you knew ANY of the HALO cannon you know how the game had to end yet Bungie did a masterful job of making you want to play to the end then just drew emotion from you.

Ice Mage

Neo Member
Wait, what?!

OK, I agree with some of them, but...

But... Super Mario Bros.? I mean, I like it and all, but it hardly has a noteworthy ending to me :\
The SMGalaxies also hardly struck me as having particularly interesting endings. Kind of standard for Mario games, actually. Same goes for NSMBWii.
Also, two CoDs in the top 10?

funny-captions-what-is-this-i-dont-even.jpg

This list is basically "50 popular games that have an ending, no matter how good because it doesn't really matter because they're popular and stuff".

WHERE. IS. CHRONO. TRIGGER.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
holy shit this list is bullshit

metal gear solid 4 in the top 10 20 50 infinity list of best endings list of games that actually exist :(?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This list is more like "Top 50 games that people actually finished".

Top Bottom