• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 3 |OT| - This is my Gunpla There are many like it but this one is mine

ramyeon

Just got this game yesterday and I'm really enjoying it, it's my first Gundam game.

Just confused about the loot system a bit. I have heaps of stuff, a lot of it dupes. Should I be converting low quality dupes to GP? Should I be merging them? The merging system is really confusing at first glance and I'm not sure how the different types of merging differ.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just got this game yesterday and I'm really enjoying it, it's my first Gundam game.

Just confused about the loot system a bit. I have heaps of stuff, a lot of it dupes. Should I be converting low quality dupes to GP? Should I be merging them? The merging system is really confusing at first glance and I'm not sure how the different types of merging differ.

Some info here should help you out.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/184355-gundam-breaker-3/73396229

Its been super long since Ive played so dont remember what all the different merging does, but generally for the common merging that you would be doing the most its for making a particular part stronger so to speak. Allowing for you to keep parts that you like up to speed with the difficulty level of where you currently are at in the game.

Am trying to see if there is other useful info out there that you could refer to will edit this post if I find anything else.

Taken from Gematsu
Single Merge

Merge the part you want to strengthen with one different part (material part). The part you want to strengthen will receive a level up, ability enhancement, ability inheritance, and rarity raise. The merged material part will be lost.

Batch Merge

Merge the part you want to strengthen with a multiple of different parts (material parts). Since the parts you no longer need are put together and merged, there is no ability inheritance or rarity raise. (However, if the part you want to strengthen has the same ability as the material parts, that ability will be strengthened.) The material parts you merged will be lost.

Plastic Merge

Merge the part you want to strengthen with the experience point-raising items (plastic), and ability-strengthening and inheritance items (cubes) obtained during missions. The part you want to strengthen will receive a level up, ability enhancement, and ability inheritance. The plastic and cubes you merged will be lost.

Derivation Merge

Merge selected parts with different parts (material parts) to produce new parts. The new parts will receive a level up, ability enhancement, ability inheritance, and rarity raise. The merged parts will be lost.

ramyeon

Some info here should help you out.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/184355-gundam-breaker-3/73396229

Its been super long since Ive played so dont remember what all the different merging does, but generally for the common merging that you would be doing the most its for making a particular part stronger so to speak. Allowing for you to keep parts that you like up to speed with the difficulty level of where you currently are at in the game.

Am trying to see if there is other useful info out there that you could refer to will edit this post if I find anything else.

Taken from Gematsu
Great, thanks for that. The description in-game were a bit confusing. So it seems like Single merge is going to be the most common for raising rarity and getting abilities transferred with batch merge for general strengthening.

Early on should I be doing this or just converting to money? None of the parts I've got so far are really great so it's probably not worth upgrading them?

Parakeetman

Great, thanks for that. The description in-game were a bit confusing. So it seems like Single merge is going to be the most common for raising rarity and getting abilities transferred with batch merge for general strengthening.

Early on should I be doing this or just converting to money? None of the parts I've got so far are really great so it's probably not worth upgrading them?

It generally helps with keeping alive and such so you can progress further to gain better parts. Though also for the most part you just merge the parts that you may want to keep. And if you want to keep your inventory clean just sell off whatever you dont need or plan to use.

Getting a unit up to speed also will help you survive in the bounty hunter mode that is a decent way to gain specific parts and earn some extra credits while you are at it. As whatever unit you select to fight you have the chance to earn drops for the parts its equipped with. A lot more efficient than trying to get specific parts from missions is how I saw it.

So you might want to strengthen a unit a bit so you can give the bounty hunter mode a try to go after some better parts.

Early on money will help you purchase full kits (minus the weapons) from the GP store if you need a full set of something now. You will get more kits the further you advance in the story. But early on sometimes its nice to be able to get full kits from the get go instead of having to try to hunt for the parts yourself.

Parakeetman

Parakeetman

I like that it's coming out the exact same day as the Japanese version. BNSEA getting faster with their localizations.

Yeah they know its been working for them well thats why. So they have been more proactive. Can thank the Asia office for that apparently.

Heyt

Banned
Can someone tell me how can I get G-Self parts? They're supposed to pop up in 1-3 but nothing... is there a good guide on drops/spawns?

Jeb

Havent played these games but asking on behalf of a friend.

Can someone list the names of tge parts needed for the most OP build in this game?

5000yen season pass 6 months after the release of a game. That's.... something.

Just picked up the game, season pass was only available on PSN (at least on the Singapore PSN) until January 9, 2017. Now it's just separate DLC's (no way to get the ~$5 discount you'd have from buying them bundled).

What a weird decision.

How are the DLC's content-wise? Pretty substantial, or just $$$ fanservice?

Parakeetman

Just picked up the game, season pass was only available on PSN (at least on the Singapore PSN) until January 9, 2017. Now it's just separate DLC's (no way to get the ~$5 discount you'd have from buying them bundled).

What a weird decision.

How are the DLC's content-wise? Pretty substantial, or just $$$ fanservice?

No idea honestly as have not gotten it yet myself. Or more like forgot to pick it up. Not sure if anyone else here did either.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since the price of the game dropped quite a bit, I was thinking about rebuying it, since the patches in theory fixed all my problems with the game.

I'm still on the fence if I should grab the Break Edition though.
Question to people who bought the DLC - are the packs worth it? I'm asking mostly story wise, because I don't recognize any DLC MS.

KHlover

Banned
Sorry for the necro, but I've got a question - does anyone know in which mission I'll be able to farm NZ-666 Kshatriya parts in?

Top Bottom