• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme Vs set for PS3

It's finally happening

Namco Bandai will be porting over the Gundam Extreme VS arcade title to the PlayStation 3, Famitsu reveals this week. The PS3 port is currently 70% complete and will be released on December 1, priced ¥8,380.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/24/gundam_extreme_vs_ps3/

The console version also has an original mode made just for the console release and a BGM edit mode where you can play music saved on your PS3 in the game. New Gundam include Crossbone Gundam X1 Full Cross and Raphael Gundam.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/2...extreme-vs-leaving-arcades-and-coming-to-ps3/

xemumanic

FINALLY!

And a reason to get myself a PS3 Slim.

I put my still Linux-enabled 60GB away in its box ages ago.

Yes, this game is that important to me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Teknopathetic said:
8,380 yen? Get fucked.
Normal PS3 game price in Japan. For example, Xillia's official price is 8,379 yen and Amazon is selling it for 6,797 yen.

Edit:
Well, it IS a lot for a port, but seriously, since when the publishers care.

Zapages

awesome, will get this game for PS3!!! I will import it for sure thorough amazon when the price becomes reasonable. :)

andymcc

Banned
holy shit at that price tag.... back in the early to mid 2000s, that wasn't so bad considering the strength of the dollar to the yen. but now... fuck me.

lupinko

Takao said:
Yeah, that's a pretty extreme price for a port ...

That's regular price for these types of games, and Extreme Vs. is the System 357 (PS3 hardware) Gundam Vs game.

Fun fact: This is one of the few inhouse Capcom games left, and is pretty much the only inhouse arcade Capcom game since SF4 is outsourced to Dimps. Although this game is not published by Capcom, but by Namco Bandai Banpresto. So Capcom completes its outsourcing circle.

matmanx1

For a second I thought this was a port of one of those PSP games but then I turned to Google and saw that in fact this started out life as a pretty awesome looking arcade game. The price seems more fair for that as long as the feature set is sufficiently robust.

Anyone actually played this beast? Does it play as cool as it looks?

I wonder if FilthieRich will see this thread. I also want to know about the chances of a US localization, but I don't think the chance will be very good.

LiK

Teknopathetic said:
I wonder if FilthieRich will see this thread. I also want to know about the chances of a US localization, but I don't think the chance will be very good.

more chances than any Tales game...huhuhu

xemumanic

Teknopathetic said:

Sadly, IF it does, its very unlikely we'd get the BGMs too. Good thing it has custom soundtrack support tho.

xero273

Teknopathetic said:

haha... gundam is dead in US except for the dynasty gundams.

Where is Shouta? I hope he didn't past out from this

Wazzim

Banned
"Gundam VS Gundam for PS3"
295pzif.gif

"8380 Yen"
animation1ipw2.gif

What the hell?

Beth Cyra

Urban Scholar said:
Man being a gundam fan isn't easy on that wallet
Yeah, being a big Crossover Gundam Fan and SRW/A.C.E fan has been pretty cruel to the old wallet over the last few years.

SRW Z Part 1 I remember feeling pissed about given it was a PSP game and it cost me near a hundred dollars to import from Play Asia.

This really hurts for me as I think now I am importing more from Japan this year then buying locally, plus Gundam VS and FF XIII-2 are back to back which is going to make my wife want to kill me.

Plus I just remembered I have the Blu Ray version of EW already pre ordered and hopefully will be shipped here in the next few days.

Urban Scholar said:
Man being a gundam fan isn't easy on that wallet
It's not easy being any kind of a fan in Japan when the usual business model is find a niche that will buy your junk and then sell it for ridiculously high prices.

Shouta

Finally, it comes. Now everyone can share in the joy I've experienced! In fact, I'm going to go today to play Messala.

Nix

Banned
Well, looks like I'll be getting my import wallet ready. Really wish this would be loca- HAHAHA, oh man, the dream just can't die.

Love it anyway.
Wing is the best alternate universe

Takao

Banned
This game actually looks like a tonne of fun (looking at arcade stuff). I'd buy it, but I have a mental barrier with spending more than $50 on games I can't understand.

lupinko said:
That's regular price for these types of games, and Extreme Vs. is the System 357 (PS3 hardware) Gundam Vs game.

Fun fact: This is one of the few inhouse Capcom games left, and is pretty much the only inhouse arcade Capcom game since SF4 is outsourced to Dimps. Although this game is not published by Capcom, but by Namco Bandai Banpresto. So Capcom completes its outsourcing circle.

Do you happen to know if Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale is made by Capcom? It's also on that PS3 arcade board.

xero273 said:
haha... gundam is dead in US except for the dynasty gundams.

Just hope Scamco can get AGE on TV in the US. Things could happen if a youth-oriented (non-SD) Gundam catches wind.

Would also hope for the Origins animation project to succeed.

Beth Cyra

Takao said:
This game actually looks like a tonne of fun (looking at arcade stuff). I'd buy it, but I have a mental barrier with spending more than $50 on games I can't understand.

Do you happen to know if Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale is made by Capcom? It's also on that PS3 arcade board.

Just hope Scamco can get AGE on TV in the US. Things could happen if a youth-oriented (non-SD) Gundam catches wind.

Would also hope for the Origins animation project to succeed.
Origins and Age will almost assuredly come to the US. SeeD has done better then any Gundam in the west save Wing/Endless Waltz.

Destiny and OO seem to have done quite well, not to Wing and SeeD levels but certainly above anything else including G.

I don't however think that will give a sudden rise to Gundam Game popularity though.

That and I don't know if Origins will be able to catch on in the west given how little head way Gundam, Zeta and CCA made.

Beth Cyra

xero273 said:
if they localize this, i'll be very surprise. maybe if enough fans demand it like Tales, namco will localize
Don't get me wrong I would love it.

But given the kind of game, and the ammount of stuff they would have to localize I could only really see them doing it if they left the JPN audio track and that would disappoint me.

However I don't know how much more I can take other people doing Heero's voice. This last time when they had Brian do both Heero and Zechs may have broke the camels back for me when it comes to English Gundam Audio.

Takao

Banned
TruePrime said:
Origins and Age will almost assuredly come to the US. SeeD has done better then any Gundam in the west save Wing/Endless Waltz.

Destiny and OO seem to have done quite well, not to Wing and SeeD levels but certainly above anything else including G.

I don't however think that will give a sudden rise to Gundam Game popularity though.

That and I don't know if Origins will be able to catch on in the west given how little head way Gundam, Zeta and CCA made.

If AGE does well, I think we should at the very least see the Level-5 video games.

As for Origins, I don't think it's necessarily the mythos that are keeping Americans away. MSG, Zeta, and Char's Counterattack are all from older eras of animation, which I think is a big problem for younger viewers. Origins being a production made in 2011 will automatically look new, and I think that could sell the series to newer audiences.

xero273

hmm online. I wonder how the netcode will be. Didn't namco do a DBZ game using ggpo or something? how's the netcode for that? Would ggpo work for this type of game.

TreIII

OH! HAPPY DAY! Now I can actually start sharing videos and such. For example, here's some footage from Messala, made playable recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP59sBIZgdg

lupinko said:

Is Capcom still involved, with this one?

You could see the Capcom presence for pretty much every other game in the series, but I never saw a Capcom logo when it came to this particular game. Even the JP Wikis don't list Capcom being involved, which is why I and many thought that Bamco thought that they were doing it for themselves this time.

Top Bottom