• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus |OT| The World, Western release out now!

Can anyone else comment on performance? I'd love to buy this but not if performance is really bad.

The netcode is not as good as EXVS Full Boost, but it's OK most of the time. I played 70 or so matches online last night and almost all of them were fine. A couple were laggy but it was due to one player having 3 bar connections vs everyone else's 5 bars.

Bebpo

Banned
Anyone know when you match local or worldwide, if you pick local does it go by your IP or your copy of the game? I've been doing worldwide, but on the last page someone said matching is 1000x faster if you do local.

MechaX

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The SP is terrible in this game. It's an MP game, buy it or don't buy it for that.

Well, if the floor is SFV and the ceiling is Injustice 2 these days, it's... definitely not at the floor or near it.

But yeah, you don't want to buy it for SP alone.

Really praying for a Kimaris striker nerf. That thing is just :wow:. Gold sumo who?

Well, if the floor is SFV and the ceiling is Injustice 2 these days, it's... definitely not at the floor or near it.
But yeah, you don't want to buy it for SP alone.
If Injustice is the ceiling for single player fighting game content then god bless the crowd who buys fighting games for single player content

v1Ylz7fl.jpg

Dem legs too stronk.

killatopak

Gold Member
Is it out on the west already?

a couple of questions before I buy the game.

Does this have an english asian version? Asking cause my main account is R3, I do have R1 but that leads me to the second question.

Does the game need PS Plus?

Lastly, will this have single player content like Gundam Vs Force?

Caim

Does this have an english asian version? Asking cause my main account is R3, I do have R1 but that leads me to the second question.

I remember Gematsu mentioning there was so hopefully this is what you're looking for:
https://sea.play-asia.com/gundam-versus-english-subs/13/70akxp

You do need Plus for online play.

Single Player content is Ultimate Battle (which is basically survival mode with some twists if you're playing online) and Trial Mode which is basically arcade mode with branching paths on higher difficulties.

man, too many people playing with crappy wireless setups. I understand not everyone can play with a wired connection but the random lag spikes causing syncing issues is really annoying.

Please set up your routers properly!!

AsakuraZ

Finally unlocked ranked mode, feel like I played a lot of casual games for it, but I dont think it counts when games get disconnected in the middle (which has happened from time to time)

Luigi87

When i do that, it takes aaaaaages to find players :(

The lag is very disappointing. Never played a game with this much lag on PS4.

It's definitely a time of day thing.

Right now (11AM my time) can't find anything using local region. Around 8PM local time it is instant.

English asia release is a thing. It even has a reversible cover that is only on this edition.

I just played with the Exia and I like it. But it feels like one of those "he is overpowered!" characters. Is he?

Not really have any good skill yet, but it feels easier to play with him. Got some flashy moves, lol

kollapse

Neo Member
So, after a rough work week, finally got to sit down and play this last night for a bit. I am a super casual and always been bad at EXVS but always loved it.

I don't know what it is, but something feels off here for me. I think the presentation of the whole thing just feels really bland to me, and it's impacting my enjoyment of it more than it should. The pre-match loading screens, music (not from the series' but just the original songs) and menu system all feel really sterile and boring to me.

Game plays fine though and is really fun of course (except for the bad lag I've been experiencing).

Am I the only one who thinks this?

the grind to unlock all strikers is real!
so far half way done... Just one online match with a win nets me the lvl i need.
Still taking alot longer than i thought D:

JKTrix

Oh hey, I ran into you a few times just now. Nice to know we have another link

Edit: appreciate the positive feedback on the vid!

Oh hey, I ran into you a few times just now. Nice to know we have another link

Edit: appreciate the positive feedback on the vid!

Oh i did lol I remember the name. I like going into random shuffle... less pressure as i try and figure out the suit in a quick match. Honestly i feel bad for my partner hahaha

This definitely helped, thanks. I haven't been thinking about the front/back roles at all, but I am now!

I recently found Gottrlatan and really like her move set. I've had some really good matches with her online, but those damn bug eyes...
She's been one of my favorites forever. There was a big adjustment coming to this game after Full Boost though. I REALLY miss her built-in assists lol. Kimaris Trooper kind of fills that void at least, but you can't shoot it to explode like you could in FB.

Still, she's really fun. Nice mobility and both of her gerobis offer some good utility. The missiles are good for downed opponents or controlling space and her 2B is amazing in melee fights.
I'm just now hitting 100 matches online and 1000 seems impossible lol.

Should go by pretty quickly if you stick to lobbies. I didn't play a ton today and I'm just under 200 games after around 3 sessions online.

For those of you who want to level up your units quick, farm level 1-3. After you defeat Char's Zaku and the Gau carrier shows up, just destroy the Zakus only until time runs out. You'll fail the level, but keep the exp. Rinse and repeat until you get to whatever level you want.

Been doing the 1-3 farm as well. Got 91k just awhile ago.

16yGn6nl.jpg

How do combos work on this game?
I know all of Sandrock's preset combo strings, but I know you can cancel make moves by dashing with a double tap of a direction. Can I do something like 8BBB then dash cancel into 5BB-8B-A as a combo?

Luigi87

So, after a rough work week, finally got to sit down and play this last night for a bit. I am a super casual and always been bad at EXVS but always loved it.

I don't know what it is, but something feels off here for me. I think the presentation of the whole thing just feels really bland to me, and it's impacting my enjoyment of it more than it should. The pre-match loading screens, music (not from the series' but just the original songs) and menu system all feel really sterile and boring to me.

Game plays fine though and is really fun of course (except for the bad lag I've been experiencing).

Am I the only one who thinks this?

You aren't wrong. The UI layout of the menus is pretty uninspired.

Honestly my only true gripe with the game is that after three months they've yet to add in victory/loss fanfare...

It was a mistake to buy this game. Being in Australia, the netcode simply isn't good enough for me to play with people out of my region, but limiting matchmaking to the same region means I'm starting at the searching for players screen for like 20 minutes per match

How do combos work on this game?
I know all of Sandrock's preset combo strings, but I know you can cancel make moves by dashing with a double tap of a direction. Can I do something like 8BBB then dash cancel into 5BB-8B-A as a combo?

double tapping a direction is called stepping, not dashing. A combo that you described is not possible because the enemy would be downed already if you complete its 8b string. Even if it were possible, it wouldn't be practical anyways because it's too long, thus you can easily get interrupted. A very long combo with lots of hits is not necessary good because successive hits do reduced damage.
For straight forward combos that applies to most suits, you can use 5bb > bbb ">" = step cancel
For Sandrock specifically, on top of my head, his bc can cancel any melee attack as long as it's not the final hit. So you can do 5bbbc but not 5bbbbc. No stepping required. High damage but can easily get interrupted.

double tapping a direction is called stepping, not dashing. A combo that you described is not possible because the enemy would be downed already if you complete its 8b string. Even if it were possible, it wouldn't be practical anyways because it's too long, thus you can easily get interrupted. A very long combo with lots of hits is not necessary good because successive hits do reduced damage.
For straight forward combos that applies to most suits, you can use 5bb > bbb ">" = step cancel
For Sandrock specifically, on top of my head, his bc can cancel any melee attack as long as it's not the final hit. So you can do 5bbbc but not 5bbbbc. No stepping required. High damage but can easily get interrupted.

Right, thanks.
Yeah, I know about cancelling melee strings into the BC. So I'm better off doing the Ninja Gaiden 2 thing of going for smaller, more damaging combos that I won't get punished for, compared to something long and flashy?

For those of you who want to level up your units quick, farm level 1-3. After you defeat Char's Zaku and the Gau carrier shows up, just destroy the Zakus only until time runs out. You'll fail the level, but keep the exp. Rinse and repeat until you get to whatever level you want.
Thanks! I want Nena as a Navi but using the gundams required for it is such a pain.

I've gotten...OK...but I'm still newb as fuck. How do you actually do an extended combo? So far I've enjoyed Gundam MkII, Altron and the Hyaku Shiki and find it hilarious that his standard melee is a kick. I've also leveled up Katejina's suit a little because I want her as my navigator, I'm currently using Soma because Haro started to become annoying. So far I've done two casual matches and have helped win one of them.

Top Bottom