• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills twelve at theater in Aurora Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

It's a terrorist attack regardless of color.

It could be a terrorist attack regardless of color, but it's not necessarily a terrorist attack.

It could be Al Qaeda and therefore a terrorist attack, or it could be some white American dude and a terrorist attack (NeoNazis, Tim McVeigh). But it could also be some white dude or Asian dude who has no political motive whatsoever. In that case it's just a massacre (eg school shootings) but it's not a terrorist attack. The State Department isn't going to add comic book nerds to their list of terrorist groups.

Just woke up. I was supposed to be at this theater for the TDKR premiere but fell asleep early due to having an early flight today.... oh my

Wow...

daviyoung

Banned
Every single case brings us a bit more understanding of people who snap. The alternative is to just believe that people snap inevitably with no rhyme or reason.

Then it's a drop in the ocean. If we really wanted to understand why people do this then we would by now.

Hunter S.

I'm guessing if he doesn't get death, he gets one of those tiny cinder-block cells where he only gets an hour in an empty yard a day.

Hopefully, Colorado has probably the most Prisons in the country so he will get to live out in some crap hole part of the state on the plains.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
This is the theater right by the ATC, right? I don't remember it being all that bad...

Yeah.

I stopped going to that place because the last two times I was there, there was a shooting, and a brawl.

Just woke up. I was supposed to be at this theater for the TDKR premiere but fell asleep early due to having an early flight today.... oh my

Wow...glad you stayed safe man.

This is such a horrible situation, can't understand the motivation behind anyone wanting to do this :/

LobLob

Banned
One more thing:
  • Injuries in adjacent theatre were likely caused by stray bullets - no second shooter.

That makes no sense at all. I still bet there was a second person. If there is only one guy, he has to be literally shooting at the wall to get bullets into the next theater.

Nevasleep

What difference does his ethnicity make?. So if he's white ,people will call him a lone nut and if he's brown he's a terrorist?
Well if he's white, it's more likely to be a lone gunmen, while 'brown' people are often doing it for a cause.

Terrorism is the use of violence or threats to intimidate or coerce especially for polictical reasons.

I know we can't let stuff like this affect how we live our lives but shit if this doesn't make me afraid to leave my house some days. This world is fucked up. Can't even go watch a movie and be happy without worrying about stuff like this happening.

It's not the world, it's humanity. Very sad, absolutely horrible. If there is a "hell" he will burn there forever.

It's hard to find some good words about life in a moment like this. But you're right: don't let this stuff affect how you live your life.

LordAlu

More information:
  • Of the 14 dead, 10 were killed in the attack. The other four died in hospital from their injuries.

Wallach

Yeah.

I stopped going to that place because the last two times I was there, there was a shooting, and a brawl.

Man. Who knows I guess, not like I went there regularly. Just wasn't a place I ever associated with being all that sketchy. I usually think of like sections of Arvada - though like you that's also because shit happened while I was there personally.

EYEL1NER

Well, i have never been to a theater that has visible security. Then again i stick to theaters that are not scummy.
The theater I worked at back home was a nice theater in the suburbs and we had a cop or two every Friday and Saturday night.

They've got cellphone video of people pouring outside after the shooting. Who the hell sits there and just films that?
Jackasses.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

derdriu

when listening to the police scan saw this

whaty9o4q.png

what a dick!

edit: made a smaller image

xbhaskarx

I'm guessing if he doesn't get death, he gets one of those tiny cinder-block cells where he only gets an hour in an empty yard a day.

The 23 hours solitary in a cell 1 hour excercise alone SuperMax where folks like McVeigh/Unibomber/blind Sheikh were/are held is conveniently located in Florence, Colorado.

Sky News are airing mobile/cell phone video of people evacuating. Showed one guy with blood on his shirt, along with loud screaming and stuff :/

Pandemic

Would that have really made any difference?

This guy was armed to the teeth and obviously knew what he was going to do.

I think it could have, it would've atleast stopped him from entering, or the gunfire exchange between security and the armed man, would've alerted the people inside the theater, thus giving them a higher chance to try and hide or escape.

Instead, the shooting came out of no-where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom