• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills twelve at theater in Aurora Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Not confirmed.

jaxword

Just heard the White House Statement.

Paraphrased : Michelle and I are very shocked and saddened. This administration will be supporting them during this extraordinarily difficult time.

Al-ibn Kermit

I would bet on the shooter being inspired by the movie series to some extent.

Obviously he probably has some serious mental issues and probably had some other event/series of events set him off. But the smoke bomb/tear gas and wanting to get caught both seem like stuff inspired by the Nolan Batman movies.

I doubt he was inspired by any movie. I'm guessing he chose to do it at this event based on it being the premiere of one of the biggest movies of the year. The theater would be crowded.

If he was inspired by anybody, it was probably Anders Breivik or Jared Lee Loughner. It sounds like his goal was just to kill as many people as possible.

Listening to the police radio, I just want to take a moment to praise the honest law enforcement doing their job so professionally in this situation. We hear so many stories of corrupt cops and stuff, but these guys here are the ones we never hear about.

Hoping those injured pull through, what a disaster :(

jaxword

Early twitter reports - Supposedly a 3 month old was hit.

Don't get too saddened by the baby report, guys. Think: how could the reporter know? He'd have heard it from a witness. Watching the broadcast, you can see how the witnesses were clearly all in shock and barely able to talk--and those were just the ones NOT injured.

There may be a baby shot, or there may not be--but there's no point in dwelling on that until the hospital report comes out (supposedly at 5 am).

Edit--3 year old is in stable condition.

Al-ibn Kermit

This is going to be the defining moment in all of this during the trial. How can you defend that? This guy won't make it through prison to see a trial ...

He'll be in protective custody and probably on suicide watch. Nobody wants to see him get the easy way out.

Sealda

Banned
Makes me ill and makes me not wanna watch this movie anymore.

I hate to be this guy, but there has always been something extra dark and edgy about Nolans Batman movies. Am i wrong for drawing parallels to Natural Born Killers and The Matrix? Batman also has this type of "evil-awesomeness" that i am sure can attract psychopaths.

Also, one can hope this brings up the weapon-law discussions again.

report from hospital, youngest patient 3 month old

my bro said that 'God Bless America' movie had scene with baby getting shot and movie theatre shooting. two different scenes though,

Pandemic

Okay, they just said that the youngest child that the hospitals have received is a 6 year old, so the baby incident has yet to be confirmed.

They also just said the baby was supposedly a 3 month old.

Edit: Nevermind it's been confirmed.

Don't get too saddened by the baby report, guys. Think: how could the reporter know? He'd have heard it from a witness. Watching the broadcast, you can see how the witnesses were clearly all in shock and barely able to talk--and those were just the ones NOT injured. Their accounts are going to be very distorted and scared.

There's no point in dwelling on that until the hospital report comes out (supposedly at 5 am).

sadly, someone somewhere will know from the bodys.

I really have respect for the response teams than somehow make it through what they see.

Really don't think I could do it.

Dmax3901

3 month old baby confirmed injured.

I don't understand why a 3 month old baby would be at a cinema, let alone a midnight premiere.

Use your brain, they wanted to go see the movie but didn't want to or couldn't get a sitter. It's obvious.

This seems irresponsible to me, but never mind. It's irrelevant.

So tragic :(

Obama's response:

Michelle and I are shocked and saddened by the horrific and tragic shooting in Colorado. Federal and local law enforcement are still responding, and my Administration will do everything that we can to support the people of Aurora in this extraordinarily difficult time. We are committed to bringing whoever was responsible to justice, ensuring the safety of our people, and caring for those who have been wounded. As we do when confronted by moments of darkness and challenge, we must now come together as one American family. All of us must have the people of Aurora in our thoughts and prayers as they confront the loss of family, friends, and neighbors, and we must stand together with them in the challenging hours and days to come.

I hate to be this guy, but there has always been something extra dark and edgy about Nolans Batman movies. Am i wrong for drawing parallels to Natural Born Killers and The Matrix? Batman also has this type of "evil-awesomeness" that i am sure can attract psychopaths.

Even though it is hard to do, and it will always be related to many in different froms. We should truly try to look at the movie for what it is, and look at the person who did this for what he is.

I will watch the movie, not in a rush to, but I can't let that person do what he wants. Put fear into me in my every day life. I hope everyone else can do the same too. I know we should never disrespect those who went through this, but we shouldn't let the man who hurt them affect us and put fear in us either. We should keep the movie for what it is, and place that man in the right place of mind as well.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I don't mean to restart a pointless argument but a 'baby'? What would a baby be doing at a midnight premiere?

With his/her parents who were watching the movie.

But let it go.

Cheebo

Banned

This has nothing to do with the movie. Blaming the movie (at least partially) is absurd. They shot up there because it was an easy target. Tons of people in a theater defenseless for a big movie.

Tess3ract

Banned
report from hospital, youngest patient 3 month old

my bro said that 'God Bless America' movie had scene with baby getting shot and movie theatre shooting. two different scenes though,
In god bless america, the main character has a daydream where he shoots his neighbor's incessant crying baby.

In another scene, a bunch of dudes were being douchebags during a movie and they got up and shot the people being disruptive.

it's a good movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom