• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills twelve at theater in Aurora Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Lo

I want to know why... why the fuck did this happen? It burns me when a child dies.

Times like this I wonder if being able to own a gun for everyone is wise at all. Seriously, this was supposed to be a joyous moment for the people who went to see the movie.

Words can't describe the rage I'm feeling.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
trying to make sense of the situation and what drives a person to do this.
there is no such thing as being born evil.

feel free to fling insults at me like everyone else because it really helps.

you dont know how the brain works, do you?
So if you are still trying to make sense of the situation and make sense of what drove him, your sympathy is premature but regardless this isn't the time for it.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Victim's Family member just walked into Aurora South hospital with a firearm demanding to know information/contact alleged shooter.

Row

Banned
Doesn't mean he doesn't feel sorry for them. Maybe he assumed that was a given. Folks are too quick to jump on others..

you don't say...

Leave the guy alone. Can't he feel sorry for the victims AND a person so disturbed he'd resort to shit like this?

Also, this guy's mother needs to be locked up. How do you know your son is capable of such things and alert no one?

Cloudy

Banned
Oh god.. Apparently from a witness account, a man went and and sat at the front of the theater, he walked over towards the emergency door, opened it, and checked if anyone was there. The witness said it looked like he was doing hand movements and eventually a man in all black, armor, helmet, and so forth came in, and the gunfire started from then on..

Why wouldn't the alarm go off when an emergency exit is opened?

KCNC reports that mother of alleged suspect called police as soon as news broke. She knew it was her son. And told police that she had to get to Colorado.

See my post from 2+ hours ago. The families of these people always know shit, but never say shit, until it's too late. Fucking pisses me off.

trying to make sense of the situation and what drives a person to do this.
there is no such thing as being born evil.

feel free to fling insults at me like everyone else because it really helps.

it's too soon, you can go visit the gunman and let him cry on your shoulder or maybe get marred to him and no one will bat an eyelid, its your right, as it is your right to feel sorry for the killer, but its just happened, there are some things you keep to yourself.

marrec

Banned
I'm curious about this as well. How do you kick in a door that only opens one way?

It's not like those doors are hard to get open.

He may have exited earlier and propped it open with a wedge of cardboard or it may not have been closing correctly in the first place. Those doors are notorious for being easy to prop/break.

Uchip

Banned
Well, at this point, we don't even know the motive/what his circumstances were. Saying that you feel sorry for him belittles what he did and the lives of his victims.

what a load of shit
you think the people raving on about capital punishment in here are being any use to the victims? Preventing people from reaching that point should be more important rather than just burning them at the stake.
dont act like your words mean any more than mine here

This is clearly fucked up on both ends.

ibxvGsLU18uNaH.png

Cloudy

Banned
KCNC reports that mother of alleged suspect called police as soon as news broke. She knew it was her son. And told police that she had to get to Colorado.

And some of you think this woman isn't at least partly responsible?

I know it's easy to judge peoples' parenting abilities based on if they brought a child to the movie, but now's not really the time to make snap judgments on these people.

what a load of shit
you think the people raving on about capital punishment in here are being any use to the victims? Preventing people from reaching that point should be more important rather than just burning them at the stake.

It's a shame people aren't really interpreting what you're saying properly. I just want to say I understand what you're saying.

Plasmid

I actually feel sorry for the madman
people are a product of their surroundings and he must have gone through some serious shit to do this kind of act

I'm a Psychology major with a focus on therapy and behavior and i don't even feel fucking sorry for this guy, yes your surroundings mold your personality but you have to be fucked up to willingly plan this and act on your intentions.

And some of you think this woman isn't at least partly responsible?

Most people who have done awful things have it to blame for parental neglect / abuse but no one locks up the parents do they? Society is fucked up that's the thing but are you seriously saying the mother should have notified the police (obviously yes but parental rights and thoughts on their own children drive deeper than anything else in this situation).

Nesotenso

Thats good news, I'm sure its a huge relief

Yeah man, it's a huge relief. Couldn't believe that this happened where she lives when I saw the news this morning. Glad that like me, she is not a big midnight movie person. She hadn't heard about the news until I called her at 7:00 am local time. The theater is like 2 miles from where she lives.

Despera

Banned
Oh god.. Apparently from a witness account, a man went and and sat at the front of the theater, he walked over towards the emergency door, opened it, and checked if anyone was there. The witness said it looked like he was doing hand movements and eventually a man in all black, armor, helmet, and so forth came in, and the gunfire started from then on..
Local media is reporting that the killer had a gas-mask and it was "stylized after Batman's enemy from TDKR (Bane) one".

No joke.
This is crazy if true. I never thought that maniacs of this type actually existed.

I have a feeling they have other plans as well. They could be an organized group headed by that piece of shit.

BFIB

I know our local theater doesn't have any sort of siren or signal when the door is opened. I just leads out to the parking lot.

Tragic. I can't even begin to comprehend the motives for such an act. I have friends in Colorado, but I don't think they were in the area and are okay. My heart goes out to all of the victims and their families.

I do always wonder what the shooter has to say for themselves.

he has an anime avatar, do you think he's really all that well adjusted himself?

I know a lot of folks on GAF hate anime and it's fans, but this shit is really getting old. I won't say more as not to derail the thread further.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but why was a 6 month baby in the movie theater?

There are 30 pages. Read some of them.

Couldn't find a sitter at midnight?
You should not be bringing your 6 month old to an action movie especially not at 12 am. This has nothing to do specifically with the risk of shooting

-It's a baby is should be sleeping
-Movies are extremely loud( especially action movies). I highly doubt the parents put earplugs in their kid's ears. Could lead to long term hearing loss
-6 months old have weak immune systems. They really shouldn't be in a public place with that many people. Who knows what people in the theater have illness wise.

Earlier someone was trying to blame the shooting on the baby, which is stupid. However, i think bringing your 6 month old to a 2+ hour loud action movie for a midnight release is totally irresponsible as a parent.

Hex

Banned
This whole thing is so crazy, I keep hearing people around me at work talking about it.
Some are actually questioning if they will go tonight.
Really creepy the kind of impact and ripples that things like this can create these days.

Plasmid

I know our local theater doesn't have any sort of siren or signal when the door is opened. I just leads out to the parking lot.

We have malco theatres in the south (specifically mississippi) and when opened don't make a sound whatsoever, but they are flat and can't be opened from the outside.

marrec

Banned
You should not be bringing your 6 month old to an action movie especially not at 12 am. This has nothing to do specifically with the risk of shooting

-Movies are extremely loud( especially action movies). I highly doubt the parents put earplugs in their kid's ears. Could lead to long term hearing loss
-6 months old have weak immune systems. They really shouldn't be in a public place with that many people. Who knows what people in the theater have illness wise.

I agree 100%

But maybe we shouldn't be talking about the awful parents just yet.

what a load of shit

Clamoring for capital punishment is a logical conclusion to reach, as massacres of this scale would typically warrant the death penalty in the applicable states. Rushing to the defense of the perpetrator of a mass murder because you find him simpatico is a dramatic leap that goes against the currents of human compassion and respect.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Are you a parent?

Well, at this point, we don't even know the motive/what his circumstances were. Saying that you feel sorry for him belittles what he did and the lives of his victims.
No, it doesn't. He feeds sorry that his mind is even capable of doing something like this. I don't feel the least bit sorry, but I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

You seem to be taking a very simplified view of all this, saying "people are a product of their surroundings and he must have gone through some serious shit to do this kind of act" Is not always true in these cases, its sounds like giving the person a way out of taking full responsibility.

He isn't giving him anything. He simply made a general comment that is completely understandable (even if a bit misguided), then everyone proceeded to poke him because they want to blow it out of proportion. Not everything needs to be picked to death, and his comment is one of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom