• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills twelve at theater in Aurora Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoJer

I feel the same way but someone asked him/her if it was really the Iranian flag he/she saw and the reply was.

"it was hard to see, it was under his riot mask. i remember red and green. i'm going to talk to the police soon. thank you reddit"

Right now, anything is possible til we hear something from the press conference.

I wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions like this based on rumor. (Or reddit in this case)

It's never good to spread panics like this. If it turns out to be true, it can wait. But spreading inflammatory rumors doesn't do anyone any good.

I have Iranian relatives. The vast majority of Iranians are in the US because they have to be (they aren't welcome in Iran). The last thing they need is crap like this.

goomba

Banned
False Flag is the first thing you think of? The US killing its own citizens?
Really?

Thats not what I said nor meant. I doubt the info to start with but if its true i think its more likely a false flag (not saying the US government did it, its just as ridiculous that the Iranian government did it). Its too early to comment further.

I feel the same way but someone asked him/her if it was really the Iranian flag he/she saw and the reply was.

"it was hard to see, it was under his riot mask. i remember red and green. i'm going to talk to the police soon. thank you reddit"

Right now, anything is possible til we hear something from the press conference.

Doesn't sound like it - if red and green is the only defining feature.

And if this was something political/terrorism related then wouldn't the flag be displayed more predominately ?

Yagharek

CNN witness: Gunman in riot helmet, bullet proof vest, in all black (with goggles), holding a shot gun.

Sounds like an unfortunate situation where getting into a batman premiere wearing all black suits might not have raised initial suspicions, given people often dress up for big film events.

Such a tragedy, but its too early to speculate as to why/who etc.

Hopefully it goes no higher than 14

Bgamer90

Banned
14 people dead from going to see a big movie at midnight.

This world is crazy. I have no other words.... just really sad.

Sinoox

Banned
So I actually have been to that theater before. Right across the street is a mall that had a gun fight in the parking lot. So this is isn't the first time something like this has happened in that place, it's evidently a bad area.

EYEL1NER

Wow. Crazy. i really hope the Iranian thing is complete bullshit.
I figure it probably is.
"He was throwing tear gas at us. He had a flag with these colors on it..."
I know I can't see shit after exposure to tear gas.

He's supposedly in the theater as it gets shot up and then hops in Reddit afterwards?
I hope he's full of shit.
Police: No evidence of 2nd gunman
Well that is some not-bad news then.
The thought of a second gunman being out there is certainly scary.

jaxword

Police briefing over.

Official press release being announced at 11 AM today.

The current threat appears to be over for the night, the police evacuated the suspect's apartment to search for explosives.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The witness that said he saw the Iranian flag is a troll, disregard whatever you heard about this rumor.

Thank you; you really gotta check the source with stuff like this. How someone could troll something like this is beyond me.

squidyj

I saw a Gutierrez name. if it was even a flag it could have been Mexican.

oh. straight trollin then, okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom