• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills twelve at theater in Aurora Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Omg, just woke up cause I couldn't sleep checked GAF and wtf!?!?!?!? WHY? Man this is so terrible why do people have to do this shit???

siddhu33

How does one guy shoot 50 or 60 people with only a shotgun?????????

Everyone is sitting down close. One blast could take 2 or 3. Everyone is hit by tear gas, so disorientated. Also, a heck of a lot of ammo.

Fuck everything about this. Thank god this whole iranian thing was proven bullshit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Iranian attack in Bulgaria a few days ago involving a bomb as well.

so what. who cares.

Cut it with the fearmongering in here, there's enough going on of that in politics already. All we should care about is the people affected, not what possible nationality or religion the shooter had.

so what. who cares.

Cut it with the fearmongering in here, there's enough going on of that in politics already. All we should care about is the people affected, not what possible nationality or religion the shooter had.

well it kinda matters if this can end up being a bigger thing, hopefully not.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Jesus, this is even worse then the thread title implies.

I'm going in on "lone nut." No political/religious/nationalistic affiliation, maybe some message board posts on a domestic extremist site (white supremacy, PLO, what have you).

In Toronto a couple of days ago we had a shooting at a neighbourhood youth BBQ turned "Blocko." As the afternoon turned to evening, older kids started showing up, and a suspected gang-related shooting resulted in 23 people being hit with gunfire, 2 fatally.

Really sad to see another heinous act of violence take place. Toronto's been really shaken by this. I feel for everyone in Aurora and Colorado.

UFRA

How does one guy shoot 50 or 60 people with only a shotgun?????????

Well with the way shotgun pellets spread, one shot could easily affect multiple people.

Even if they got hit by one pellet I'm sure that's counted as being shot.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I figure it probably is.
"He was throwing tear gas at us. He had a flag with these colors on it..."
I know I can't see shit after exposure to tear gas.

He's supposedly in the theater as it gets shot up and then hops in Reddit afterwards?
I hope he's full of shit.
Yea it doesnt make sense. It strikes me as a Columbine style event. If it were an international terrorist thing i could see using a Batman movie as a vehicle for murder (Batman being an American icon, very popular movie with people packing theaters) but this is on too small of a scale. If it were a coordinated attack on multiple theaters then that would be something forever linking Batman with a national tragedy. This just sounds like a nutcase.

jaxword

Two shooters and perhaps they were carrying more then oné weapon but ran out of ammo. It is all just a wild guess.

The single shooter was already confirmed earlier in this thread during the police briefing. A second one is possible but unlikely at the moment.

He had multiple firearms, including a handgun, rifle, and shotgun.

The people spreading bullshit should be prosecuted.

I agree that the whole Iranian thing stirs up a huge hornet nest and a lot of people are naive enough to believe it so they will verbally ''attack'' that country even more. Prosecution? Not so much. If you prosecute someone he will just say ''I heard it from someone else and thought it sounded legit''

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I take back what I said about people forgetting about this in a week.

I get mad reading comments from people talking about how shit people/the US/the world. I don't mean to say anything mean or patronize people, but it is seriously depressing.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Lol this dumb kid on the live news on 9news

"people said it was a terrorist attack, and it sure looks like it"

Aiii

So not worth it
Lets not go the "this country hates america route" shall we?

One or two idiots does not exactly make an entire country.

I'm going in on "lone nut." No political/religious/nationalistic affiliation, maybe some message board posts on a domestic extremist site (white supremacy, PLO, what have you).
I'm thinking lone nut too. I can't help but think it's a bunch of nutcase kids who got influenced by the films.

Lol this dumb kid on the live news on 9news

"people said it was a terrorist attack, and it sure looks like it"
Well it is.

jaxword

It still makes no sense, the guy would need some automatic or semi-automatic to take out so many people by himself.

He had at least three guns. There's no "limit" to how many people one guy can kill, especially in a crowded environment.

And they have the shooter in custody, right?

Yes, the shooter is in custody and they'll have a police debriefing at 11 AM.

Apparently there was a stampede, and for some reason the CNN lady keeps repeating the stampede is somehow attributed to how hotly anticipated this film was. What does that have to do with people fleeing to safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom