• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy spent (still going) ~$3,000 on Steam Winter Sale Badges

He should be able to offset 0.04c every time he crafts if he can sell the items he gets. He might get a few rarer items too - he'll have to hit some rares based on percentages. He might get back a small chunk of money back out of all this - would soften blow slightly?

Timeaisis

http://steamcommunity.com/id/palmdesert/badges/
(keep refreshing)

Foil badge (up to level 100) costs approximately $15.90 each

Foil level 100 = ($15.90 x 100) $1,590.

Regular badge (up to level 1000) costs approximately $1.57 each.

Regular level 874 = ($1.57 x 874) $1,372

0275_9zjy8.gif

image.php

Doesn't your drop rate increase with your steam level? At level 250 how many booster packs would he get a day? Must make some decent money selling cards. Not $3,000, but surely more than I do

Nah, thats like just a 540ish percent increase in drop rate over base. Would be like a pack every 2-7 days or so.

syko de4d

I would really love to know how much money Valve gets just from their Cards, Emoticons and cosmetic Items from Dota2/TF2 xD

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I should be able to tap into this mental idiocy and just get rich.

I'm probably OVER thinking it. what if I make the site called 'shittybadges.com' and just demand cash for badges. allow payment in bitcoins only.

I spent $5 doing this earlier today. I was bored.

I'd never gotten a booster drop ever in years, so I went ahead and finished a few sets where I had no card drops remaining.

Then out of the blue I suddenly got a Euro Truck Simulator 2 booster.

DJ_Lae

Wow.

I've spent a dollar or two on a handful of cards, but only a fraction of what I've made from selling other cards.

My crafted rewards have all been shit, of course.

BPoole

It blows my mind how much money Valve makes off of trading cards and they literally don't have to do anything.

It blows my mind how much money Valve makes off of trading cards and they literally don't have to do anything.

It's a fantastic idea.
I bought 20 of the card before the event around 13-15p each and sold them on day of sale for about 60-80p a card. First time I have ever done something like that.
Bought a few games with that money, it all funnels back into Valve whatever way it goes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There is a level 1000 snow globe that just feels like it's looking for a whale to spend money on it. I don't know if this is evil or not.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
That's a bit crazy, but then again I know a guy who's spent 9 grand on SWTOR to date.

Whales, not really that uncommon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
On PC? There's more than 2000 games worth owning. Easily.
Can you play them all though?

I think one of the bigger questions is whether or not you can will out digital libraries. If those games all disappear when the inevitable happens, then that's all pure profit for Valve.

Velcro Fly

I don't know how people rip on devs that cram games with microtransactions and yet find humor in stuff like this.

Top Bottom