• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajime Tabata interview on FFXV in Famitsu

Link.

Summary:
Final Fantasy XV will see a lot of changes in the coming months. In the latest issue of Famitsu, director Hajime Tabata speaks at length about the game’s reception as well as a few words on the game’s story-focused and multiplayer downloadable content.

Right now, the team is currently focused on improving the scale and comfort in the latter part of Final Fantasy XV. Fans can expect even more information on these changes – detailed in a lengthy roadmap – and when they’ll be made available soon.

On the content front, Tabata says they’re planning to add in time-limited mob hunts based on enemies from the original story as DLC. He’s also heard fans say they’d like to travel with some of the minor characters such as Iris and Aranea so they’re exploring a solution for that approach as well.
In 2017 Final Fantasy XV will see an online expansion pack of sorts – the foundation of which include multiplayer. Tabata would like to include characters other than Noctis, Ignis, Gladiolus and Prompto in this feature. They’re also planning to add in an avatar system – which won’t just be exclusive to the multiplayer as the team is currently investigating how to include it in the main scenario. Perhaps in the main story the avatar character will join your companions but only their appearance will change.

As for story DLC, which for now includes three separate paid pieces of content focusing on Noctis’ friends, Tabata says the team would like to make sure their story changes depending on how you play. Of course, this won’t have any bearing on the game’s main quest.

Tabata says he’d also like to release VR content for the game as there are many things he’d like to do with it. He can’t speak on the timing yet though, so please look forward to it.
They've already confirmed
Iris, Cor and Aranea as playable and maybe Luna in the future.

Guessing we'll get a big patch on the anniversary event day.

Link.

Summary:

Too little too late for me I'm afraid.

Was massively disappointed with the game. Was happy to uninstall it after I platinumed it.

"Fool me once shame on you" comes to mind with regards to added story DLC - which I have to pay for.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member

Was massively disappointed with the game. Was happy to uninstall it after I platinumed it.

"Fool me once shame on you" comes to mind with regards to added story DLC - which I have to pay for.

You were disappointed, but you still platinumed it?

Pilgrimzero

I was happy to uninstall it and trade it in after I beat the story only.

Hastati

Link.

Summary:

Definitely excited about the quoted portion. I've got my game back on hold for a couple months, looking forward to the additions.

Zedark

There's something I don't get. If you don't like a game, why would you spend the time getting a platinum for it?

FF games to me have always been a one time experience sort of thing. While adjustments to the shaky parts of the game based on fan feedback and post-game additions are nice, it just doesn't really do anything for me. I've had my journey with Noctis and enjoyed it mostly, the problems were what they were and fixing them now is too late and won't change my lasting impression of the game. I'd prefer if they took these lessons and focused on applying them to their next project instead.

There's something I don't get. If you don't like a game, why would you spend the time getting a platinum for it?

Hey, I got all 5 endings in Shadow The Hedgehog back in the day.

To be fair, I was a homeschooled 12 year old with an IMMENSE amount of free time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
FF games to me have always been a one time experience sort of thing. While adjustments to the shaky parts of the game based on fan feedback and post-game additions are nice, it just doesn't really do anything for me. I've had my journey with Noctis and enjoyed it mostly, the problems were what they were and fixing them now is too late and won't change my lasting impression of the game. I'd prefer if they took these lessons and focused on applying them to their next project instead.

Generally these kinds of changes are for people who are buying the game later in Enhanced Edition re-releases, and thus are people who were more skeptical of buying the game in the first place. They're likely harder to please, and it's important to give them a positive impression so they want to buy the next game.

And then, to a secondary extent, the changes are also for people who are buying the DLC, and thus will be going back to the title quite a bit.

Zedark

I hope the 1st DLC is released soon. I need all three DLCs this year.

On the one hand, I really want more content to enjoy for this game, but on the other I will be really fucking busy with GR2, TOB, HZD, Nier, Nioh, Persona and whatever the Switch is bringing in the first half of this year. I would happily wait for the second half of the year (preferably summer) for the DLCs.

Mediking

I like the game but they missed the boat with costumes already. Just wow. Not enough costumes in the main game and no DLC costumes... at all????

pablito

I've beaten it, but I replay shit so I'm down to give this another go after they're done if the impressions are favorable.

You were disappointed, but you still platinumed it?

I completed the game at 55 hours

Rubber banded the remote for the final 10 hours to grind Gladio's survival skill.

It wasn't really that much of a stretch at that point. Plus.... who the hell can sit comfortably on a 99% complete trophy list.....

LordKasual

Banned
Final Fantasy Hunter?

I'm cool with that. Make it fun.

I'm excited to see how they make the other characters interesting without the use of warp or phase.

Zedark

I like the game but they missed the boat with costumes already. Just wow. Not enough costumes in the main game and no DLC costumes... at all????

There are some (pretty ugly imo) carnival costumes on the horizon, so there's that at least (oh, and the horrible Moogle shirt).

You can say what you want about the game's costumes, but (final chapter spoilers!)
those regal outfits, especially the one Noctis wears, are absolutely amazing
!

kennyamr

Interesting. I'm not a fan of waiting (post-release) so I don't really know what to think about those "changes to the latter part of the game". I guess it's good but I don't know if I will be interested when they release.

However I guess it's good for anyone who may play the game in the future, at least they can get a better game than the 6 million people that already bought it.

I played FFVI again these past few days, so I got a reminder of what storytelling can do for a game. The difference between the two is just mindblowing.

I guess any improvement is good. Good luck, Tabata.

DNAbro

Someone stop Tabata. You saved the game, finish the story DLC and stop. I don't want avatar creation. That's dumb.

Strings

The avatar stuff is still so hilariously awful / the last thing I'd want want in a mainline FF.

EDIT: I hate-fucked my way to the platinum too. Like, I waited ten years for the goddamn thing, there was no way I wasn't going to go through all of it, if only so I could comfortably and confidently sum up everything I didn't like about it.

This shit right here is what I don't understand. You disliked something but went above and beyond? It's like the guy wanting a full refund after 60 hours of no mans sky....WTF?

As I already said - by the time I completed the game I was literally left with beating a particular enemy for the gold trophy and then Gladio's survival skill.

It really wasn't that much of a stretch for the last couple.

I was convinced that the story ending would redeem the game but as the story chapters raced by with little to nothing occurring worth a damn I started to realise.

Once it ended I was like....oh, that's it?

5taquitos

As I already said - by the time I completed the game I was literally left with beating a particular enemy for the gold trophy and then Gladio's survival skill.

It really wasn't that much of a stretch for the last couple.

How dare you do what you want with your own time.

Kouichi

This all sounds great, especially their plans for the multiplayer. I already know I'm going to be playing this game for a very long time.

Is there going to be a different team responsible for XVI? Do we even know that yet?

I'm fine with touching up XV (rebalance ch 13, add in some CG etc) but some of this stuff like adding avatars is weird to me. If it's a different team doing XVI, whatever, but if it's this team, I'd vastly prefer if they just headed down that path sooner, rather than spend a chunk of 2017 figuring out how to bolt stuff on to XV

Wilsongt

I really hope they expand on the darkness. It makes no fucking sense. "Oh the days are getting longer... Herp derp the sun is gone!" "Wait, what?"

Also, add back in that Shiva area.

Top Bottom