• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajime Tabata interview on FFXV in Famitsu

If the paid story DLCs are gonna be about Ignis/Prompto/Gladio going off screen during the main story, I'll be pissed. Shit should have been in the base game, or at the very least, free even if it was late. The game felt so incomplete without story sequences explaining wtf happened, and now they have the gall to make players pay for fucking character development. Say what you will about 13, at least it felt like a complete package.

Not really but I mean if he's expressing how dreadful and disappointing the game is I wouldn't think he'd put close to that many hours into it. I guess if he was a trophy collector or platinumed it on accident it would make more sense.
Maybe it was a gradual thing. Put over 100 hour in FE Awakening only to realize that it really was a shitty entry. The flaws really start showing after.

Zafir

Not really but I mean if he's expressing how dreadful and disappointing the game is I wouldn't think he'd put close to that many hours into it. I guess if he was a trophy collector or platinumed it on accident it would make more sense.
I've nearly gotten a platinum on the first Hyperdimension Neptunia, despite thinking it's a pretty shit game. Sometimes you keep playing a game because you're just really bored, and you figure you may as well just complete it anyway now you've put enough time into it.

I mean with XV I can quite clearly see how it kind of happens. The game opens up so much side content to you at the start of the game, if you're a bit of a completionist, you could be doing that side content for quite some time, but expect the main story to be better.

Niosai

Honestly, this is welcoming news. The game was clearly unfinished, as many agree. I enjoyed what I played (main story, a little of the side stuff but I saved it for NG+ after patches).

The game sold well enough that they can now justify adding things in. I think Tabata wants to make it as best as it can be so he's not remembered for making an unfinished mainline FF game and then just forgetting about it. I think he wants to do as much as he can for it so it's seen with at least some positivity down the line.

So I'm guessing the multiplayer scenario, avatar creations, and most likely playable Cor, Iris, and Aranea will take place in
the World of Ruin during the timeskip between chapters 13 and 14

If the paid story DLCs are gonna be about Ignis/Prompto/Gladio going off screen during the main story, I'll be pissed. Shit should have been in the base game, or at the very least, free even if it was late. The game felt so incomplete without story sequences explaining wtf happened, and now they have the gall to make players pay for fucking character development. Say what you will about 13, at least it felt like a complete package.

Maybe it was a gradual thing. Put over 100 hour in FE Awakening only to realize that it really was a shitty entry. The flaws really start showing after.

I can agree with this. The actual main story in this game is by far the smallest out of any FF game. This game felt like it strung together the bones of a much bigger game...

I'm hoping Noct and the boys get to go along, except you play as someone else. Or, hell, you just play your regular party, but it's about them.

It's going to be bad without their interaction and banter.

Tohsaka

I'm glad I stopped after finishing the game and didn't do any of the post-game stuff, will keep waiting for them to be finished with it before I do that.

jimmypython

It's good that they are still adding stuff to it. But this isn't something to encourage or celebrate.

They released an unfinished product and decided to fix it after seeing the sales numbers.

120v

loved the game but i planned on shelving it after finishing. i feel like the story was complete enough, i don't really care for bro scenarios. but if the MP portion opens up the world, adds dungeons/scenarios for mindless yet rewarding time wasing, i'll bite.

LowParry

I want to revisit it a year from now and see if it becomes something close to what I hope it would have been.

I'm kind of on the same page with this but I'm still holding on on those Pro improvements. If they come soon, I'm all in for post game.

Infest

I find this new statement from Tabata very interesting:

"Hajime Tabata: I'm in the middle of working on Final Fantasy XV's update. I'm also taking on the challenge of a great expansion that hasn't been made public yet."

"A great expansion" sounds more ambitious than what I thought so far. Maybe there's in fact hope for a good chunk of the second half of the game's world to be explorable in the future. It's so much wasted potential that the more interesting, more fantastical part of Eos was a linear corridor.

I hope he's referring to XV at all with this statement though. lol

Spira

Banned
I like the effort they're putting in post launch. I was pleasantly surprised with the game itself as it almost lived up to the hype I had for it.

Wait a bloody moment

- Online multiplayer component
- Player avatar
- Limited time mob hunts
- Some kind of limited time carnival event coming soon too

Wow, three mainline Final Fantasy games that will be MMOs!

Cathcart

Yeah, grats, you really cracked the code there, boy.

Yes, things I write are in my opinion. Of course they are. Nobody claims objective knowledge on the quality of a game. If someone says a game is good or bad we know it's their opinion. When someone asks if they should play a game it's not like there's some actual answer on a tablet buried on the dark side of the moon and they're searching for the right answer. They're just asking for opinions. An opinion was offered. If it is different from yours, that's fine.

Instead of "fixing" someone else's post you can just make your own case for your opinion.

He said the DLC episodes for Gladio, Ignis and Prompto will have different paths/outcomes depending on the player's choices, but that they won't carry over to the main story.

Odd, the video makes it seem like it refers to the main story.

If that's the case, then Gladio might
not get more scars.
Iggy
won't be blind.
and Promto
won't get captured
will be possible outcomes? haha

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
To be fair its a brainless plat so even people who don't like the game or hated the end can still easily plat it after that.

You have to defeat several optional dungeons
You have to defeat a long ass optional boss fight
You have to grind for fishing and survival skills (will take really long)

It's relatively easy but it'll be a chore if you don't like the game.

Socivol

To be fair its a brainless plat so even people who don't like the game or hated the end can still easily plat it after that.

Yeah I don't really agree with this. Some of that shit took forever and I wouldn't have done it if I didn't like the game. Specifically leveling up several of those skills and some of the optional dungeons.

Top Bottom