• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajime Tabata interview on FFXV in Famitsu

It's not to hard to be disappointed with the somewhat even if you played the whole way through. Sometimes, you hope it gets better by the end but it doesn't. In the meantime, you've almost earned all the trophies. So what is the big deal is finishing off the rest.

The argument that you don't like something therefore you shouldn't 100% complete it is dumb.

kiuo

Link.

Summary:

They've already confirmed
Iris, Cor and Aranea as playable and maybe Luna in the future.

Guessing we'll get a big patch on the anniversary event day.

Guessing these changes are more for post game experiences/replays. See none that looks like fixes for the bad rushed job of the main story. But then again, with the game already released it was impossible to fix.

I can only hope FFXVI does a heck of alot better in the story department. But after ffxiii and ffxv, I'm going to be more cautious of getting the game.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This avatar system idea sounds like a total waste of resources to me, but if its something theyre interested in, sure.

I dunno if this is more of a "content we never got to finish" thing or "game didnt sell well in Japan so were gonna start doing random shit till they like it" thing

I stopped playing the moment I heard they would be making changes to the base game that would make it more understandable or something. I thought the game was delayed for a reason, it get it done, and yet it still wasn't and stil had a D1 patch. Those changes to the base game weren't just thought of after release but well before release.

I hope they release the preorder bonuses as DLC, I want that suit. Also I heard the sidescroller was a fun diversion too, not willing to pay ebay prices for that stuff though.

Edit: Also the avatar and multiplayer stuff seems nuts, can't wait to keep playing this throughout the year.

Astral Dog

Is there going to be a different team responsible for XVI? Do we even know that yet?

I'm fine with touching up XV (rebalance ch 13, add in some CG etc) but some of this stuff like adding avatars is weird to me. If it's a different team doing XVI, whatever, but if it's this team, I'd vastly prefer if they just headed down that path sooner, rather than spend a chunk of 2017 figuring out how to bolt stuff on to XV
I think its ok to make XV more feature complete. After its a big project for SE and they want (eventually) the best product possible

alt27

really enjoyed this game. Completed it and then did all the dungeons and secret dungeons and got all the top weapons. Happy to wait for the DLC which I paid for the season pass after I completed the game as it was one of my favourite games of last year. But glad for the break as theres a ton of other games coming out now which will be getting played but looking forward to what the DLC brings later in the year.

"It's too late"

Ok bye lol. FF games are meant to be replayable and Tabata gets mad props for working towards making XV as replayable as all the rest.

XIII could have used post launch love too.

Yup. This roadmap sounds like a dream come true. I wish more games got this kind of post-launch love. It all seems quite substantial. Even the New Game+ patch was huge for me. The moment I finished XV, I bought Type-0 on Steam because clearly I had been sleeping on Tabata for far too long.

Lynx_7

At this point Tabata and his team are focused on improving the scale and comfort in the latter part of Final Fantasy XV.

Well this is interesting. Maybe they plan on making
the World of Ruin
actually explorable? Maybe add back some cut locations like the
snowy Shiva
area and/or expand
Insomnia
a little bit. That's the only thing I can imagine for "improving the scale" in latter chapters.

The "comfort" part probably refers to chapter 13 adjustments.

I enjoyed what I played of this game, but I'm definitely waiting for the bulk of the DLC and changes they're planning to roll out before I resume playing. This works out pretty well for me as I'm not hurting for stuff to play.

Skulldead

Can they please drop the multiplayer and avatar insanity (there's FFXIV for that) to concentrate on the one thing that actually counts? Fixing the single player experience! :( The latter part of the game is very obviously gutted and unfinished..

Yep !! this

Also where is the hard mode... still waiting Tabata !

I like the game but they missed the boat with costumes already. Just wow. Not enough costumes in the main game and no DLC costumes... at all????

It's insulting because if there ever was a game to benefit from costumes it would be this one. The game system even has clothing with stat bonuses so it isn't just cosmetic like in most games. Not to mention the photo mode would be even better if I had more clothing options. Played through the whole game and kept expecting to come across a clothing shop to no avail.

theofficefan99

Please drop the stupid avatar creation idea... please. I've never heard of a more pointless and unnecessary use of resources. I'll hate the game even more if they shove that shit into the main story, too.

Yup. This roadmap sounds like a dream come true. I wish more games got this kind of post-launch love. It all seems quite substantial. Even the New Game+ patch was huge for me. The moment I finished XV, I bought Type-0 on Steam because clearly I had been sleeping on Tabata for far too long.

Ummmm lol Type-0 is one of the worst games I have ever played, and his other games, Crisis Core and 3rd Birthday, also feature horribly written and horribly told stories with some extremely questionable design decisions.

Please drop the stupid avatar creation idea... please. I've never heard of a more pointless and unnecessary use of resources. I'll hate the game even more if they shove that shit into the main story, too.

Ummmm lol Type-0 is one of the worst games I have ever played, and his other games, Crisis Core and 3rd Birthday, also feature horribly written and horribly told stories with some extremely questionable design decisions.

I mean... opinions and all that... But Crisis Core is one of my favorite games in the franchise. So good.

Gbraga

Nojima wrote Crisis Core, though. No idea about 3rd Birthday or Type-0, never played them.

Crisis core didnt have a horrid story, genesis was bad but it was told really well. The gameplay was just utter garbage

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What a huge mess the release turned out to be. I hope whatever "A Realm Reborn" they're trying to pull with 15 works, but it seems like it's too little too late. It didn't do that well (by previous FF standards) in Japan and I don't see these changes driving Japanese gamers to go buy it again.

For myself, these changes are kind of meh. The battle system is fun, the graphics are nice, and...the world is big...? unfortunately, everything else seems to kind of fall flat - especially the ridiculous side quests that you not only have to physically turn in, but also physically take instead of queuing them all up and doing them all at once. The game was the absolute worst offenders at making you do things between having fun.

"Hate the game even more". It's obvious you hate it. Why are you even here? Why do you care what they do to it? What are you trying to accomplish?

You REALLY can't stand opinions and preferences that don't line up with your own, huh?

Too little too late for me I'm afraid.

Was massively disappointed with the game. Was happy to uninstall it after I platinumed it.

"Fool me once shame on you" comes to mind with regards to added story DLC - which I have to pay for.

hahahaha. you were so disappointed you still platinum it.

dude. who we kidding if you didn't like it you would have not got that platinum.

Zetta

This all sounds great but I have a question if they have ever mention including a Bestiary. I'm honestly shocked the game doesn't have one with the monster models in this game.

Jeiiya

This all sounds great but I have a question if they have ever mention including a Bestiary. I'm honestly shocked the game doesn't have one with the monster models in this game.

This sounds like a fun feature they could add. I also kind of want to see monster stat blocks included in there with a bit of monster lore. It'll help make the world feel more fleshed out.

TissueBox

The avatar thing is mainly just for the multiplayer if I read it correctly. You won't actually be playing as your Noctis in the campaign, that would be a whole different game lol.

What a huge mess the release turned out to be. I hope whatever "A Realm Reborn" they're trying to pull with 15 works, but it seems like it's too little too late. It didn't do that well (by previous FF standards) in Japan and I don't see these changes driving Japanese gamers to go buy it again.

For myself, these changes are kind of meh. The battle system is fun, the graphics are nice, and...the world is big...? unfortunately, everything else seems to kind of fall flat - especially the ridiculous side quests that you not only have to physically turn in, but also physically take instead of queuing them all up and doing them all at once. The game was the absolute worst offenders at making you do things between having fun.

Can you explain? I don't understand what your saying here. "Instead of" is throwing me off. You can take on more than sidequest (you can take as many as are available) but you also have to go turn them in.

Ooccoo

So should I just not play this game for another year or so?

I mean, I already waited 10.

Basically, waiting a year for big releases is the smart move nowadays. I still refuse to buy Fallout 4 because of the season pass. 'GOTY' edition at half the price should be coming soon. I just hate to buy incomplete games. I admit to buying FFXV at launch because this was a special event, but the game is extremely shallow in the story department. To the point where it hinders my enjoyment. Doesn't help that the progression and open world design hurts it a lot.

Does it matter? I've gotten close on a few games just by completing them and considered going for the Platinum even if I didn't love the game.

Not really but I mean if he's expressing how dreadful and disappointing the game is I wouldn't think he'd put close to that many hours into it. I guess if he was a trophy collector or platinumed it on accident it would make more sense.

Can we please stop attacking people for having differing opinions?

Everyone needs to chill. Glad so many are enjoying it. No need to trash people who don't. And vise-versa, people who don't like the game don't need to attack people for liking the game and feel the need to continually tell people in every XV thread they don't like it or that it's the worst.

He/she is referring to hunts.

That would make sense. Would've appreciated it if he was a bit clearer. Side-quests and hunts aren't the same thing.

Top Bottom