• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 is now FREE for XBOX Live GOLD members. Come JOIN US IN MULTIPLAYER!!!

Mindwipe

3 is such a beautiful game in many ways. With the best set pieces too, by a long way. The art direction is lovely.

Best Halo.

Funny how 343's attempts at QTEs never made the Chief feel anything like as awesome as a bunch of stuff you do in this game - especially the tank/scarab battle on the Ark is such an opportunity for epic moments, whereas the QTEs in Halo 4 were wasted on things that didn't seem very interesting.

3 is such a beautiful game in many ways. With the best set pieces too, by a long way. The art direction is lovely.

Best Halo.

Funny how 343's attempts at QTEs never made the Chief feel anything like as awesome as a bunch of stuff you do in this game - especially the tank/scarab battle on the Ark is such an opportunity for epic moments, whereas the QTEs in Halo 4 were wasted on things that didn't seem very interesting.

That's true. There were barely any QTE's in the first place. The only one that was cool, was the one at the beginning where you killed that elite. The rest were pretty unneeded.

I don't mind QTE's as long as they are cool.

Wasn't killing the prophet in Halo 2 a QTE, anyway? If so, QTE's are nothing new to the franchise.

FyreWulff

That's true. There were barely any QTE's in the first place. The only one that was cool, was the one at the beginning where you killed that elite. The rest were pretty unneeded.

I don't mind QTE's as long as they are cool.

Wasn't killing the prophet in Halo 2 a QTE, anyway? If so, QTE's are nothing new to the franchise.

If you stretch the definition, but it was done via a mechanic the game had already taught you: boarding vehicles.

Reach had the staged moment of assassinating the Elite to teach you about extended kills, but you could skip it or kill him another way if you wanted to. Most other games would have made that a forced QTE.

Doran902

i was kind of shocked how many people are playing this now

more than halo 4 i think

people are understanding what halo use to be : D

Overdoziz

Banned
If you stretch the definition, but it was done via a mechanic the game had already taught you: boarding vehicles.

Reach had the staged moment of assassinating the Elite to teach you about extended kills, but you could skip it or kill him another way if you wanted to. Most other games would have made that a forced QTE.
Halo 4 had a lot of supposedly "immersing" moments which pulled you out of the game more than anything.

Yes, yes it is, (taken from here, look at his other shots!)

JyyFoeQl.jpg

STZib8Sl.jpg

Pc7ZZq5l.jpg

TJ754nul.jpg

RYHS6akl.jpg

H3x0bCGl.jpg

I sort of consider Johnson's Splaser handoff to kill GS a QTE, I think that method was better than a button push QTE though. I preferred that to Halo 4, I say keep it in the normal gameplay without prompts.

FyreWulff

Did that long downtime derail the Halo 3 train? The (broken) population counter now says only 540 people and I can't even get a full match to configure in Rumble Pit anymore :/

JB1981

There were 23,000 people playing this game last night. The counter definitely works to some degree because the number of players changes day to day. It's not stuck on a # like the Reach servers are. It's so easy to find a Slayer game and the connections have been pretty good. Viva la Halo 3!!

Top Bottom