• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 is now FREE for XBOX Live GOLD members. Come JOIN US IN MULTIPLAYER!!!

MysteryM

Microsoft/343 just give me a halo 3 remake on Xbox one, all the maps packs and finally dedicated servers. Do this and I'll play it for years.

Halo 5 scares me, as I can't see 343 coming back from the path started with reach and then 343 continued with halo 4 multiplayer. We work full time and halo used to be our full time pastime in the evening, but still I'm proud of the 20k multiplayer games we've clocked in.

Out of the 20k games of halo 2/3/Reach and 4, only 270 were played on halo 4, that's a terrible stat. Bought the stupid season pass too thinking I'd play it for longer.

Stinkles, kick ass and make it happen!

Freeser

Just played a couple games and it was really refreshing. I really hope Halo 5 goes back to the H1-H3 roots. It was nice being beaten by people with better skill rather than people that resort to armor ability crutches and cheap tactics.

Microsoft/343 just give me a halo 3 remake on Xbox one, all the maps packs and finally dedicated servers. Do this and I'll play it for years.

Halo 5 scares me, as I can't see 343 coming back from the path started with reach and then 343 continued with halo 4 multiplayer. We work full time and halo used to be our full time pastime in the evening, but still I'm proud of the 20k multiplayer games we've clocked in.

Out of the 20k games of halo 2/3/Reach and 4, only 270 were played on halo 4, that's a terrible stat. Bought the stupid season pass too thinking I'd play it for longer.

I am sure every Halo game will be available on the xbox one store along with xbox/xbox 360 games. There's money to be made there. Also if Frankie was being real about learning about the audience then Halo 5 has to be more traditional.

Zoolader

I keep reading this but if that's the case don't Rocket Launchers ruin the gunplay as well? And those were present in Halo 1-3 multiplayer

Oh duncan you so silly
Derek-Zoolander-Laughs-Reaction-Gif.gif

AlexBasch

Enjoyed a few rounds of Halo 3 but I had to get used to the controls. RB feels better at using melee for some reason, but I think I'll sell Reach for whatever pennies I can get and keep this instead.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I am getting my ASS KICKED.

Seriously, and I suck with BRs

Give it a few games. I was absolutely horrid my first several games, but it'll click.

I'll be on soon-ish and tonight. I love seeing people excited for Halo again. Give the people what they want, 343.

blamite

Have Halo in matchmaking, keep the diarrhea that is Grifball in the custom browser. Everybody wins!

Yep.

It's great that Halo can support a bunch of niche custom game communities. But they don't need and should not have permanent matchmaking playlists, especially when updating and maintaining them takes resources and attention from updating the actual game's real multiplayer.

(weekend playlists for this stuff is fine though)

FyreWulff

They really need to get the population counters working again. Action Sack is still as dead as a doornail and I want to think it has something to with people being greeted with "Population: 0" and immediately backing out.

Also how did we live with this netcode back then. You either have the most amazing host or the game just starts shitting the bed

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
They really need to get the population counters working again. Action Sack is still as dead as a doornail and I want to think it has something to with people being greeted with "Population: 0" and immediately backing out.

Also how did we live with this netcode back then. You either have the most amazing host or the game just starts shitting the bed

old code, moribund servers, super custom bits, it's tricky to support, but perversely an excellent reminder of how good bungie tech is/was. I'm genuinely excited to see what cool shit Destiny has in store.

FyreWulff

old code, moribund servers, super custom bits, it's tricky to support, but perversely an excellent reminder of how good bungie tech is/was. I'm genuinely excited to see what cool shit Destiny has in store.

I still say unplugging them for 30 seconds and plugging them back in will fix things.

Alternately, matchmaking will start putting people into games of Sega Rally Revo.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Myself, kittens and Crazy Croatia are playing right now. If anyone wants in feel free to msg me (gt is monsterfracas)

A little off topic but did anyone else get sick playing halo 3? I play a ton of FPS but I have never been able to play/finish halo 3. I would always get nauseous playing after 30 minutes. I tried about 10 times then traded the game in. Crazy I tell you, crazy.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Had a game of Neutral Assault on Avalanche last night with buddies that was more fun than all of my Halo 4 multiplayer games combined.

=/

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ARGH!!!

EDIT: This is going to be a new thread...

Halo 3 is simply the definitive Halo experience when it works. It's marred only byt a severely out of date netcode and resolution and FPS. All of which could easily be remedied by modern hardware/port/remake.

This game shames Reach. It shames Halo 4.

Halo will probably never be this good ever again.

MysteryM

ARGH!!!

EDIT: This is going to be a new thread...

Its no ordinary remake - we a talking about some of the greatest multiplayer ever brought up to date with dedicated servers.

Your comparing it to single player remakes - not the same thing and certainly not the same replay value. A decent multiplayer game can last years, the only reason I dumped the game was due to lag.

Kind of wish parties weren't allowed in big team slayer not very fun to go against a full team of 4 star generals with a bunch of newbies on your team.

LDAF

I am sure every Halo game will be available on the xbox one store along with xbox/xbox 360 games. There's money to be made there. Also if Frankie was being real about learning about the audience then Halo 5 has to be more traditional.

I think you're right about each Halo being on the marketplace eventually, although I'm a little surprised that Halo 2 isn't on the 360 marketplace right now. Does anyone know why that is?

I understand wanting an updated version of the classic games, but I'd honestly prefer if 343 just made a new Halo game that gets back to basics. Remakes would never match the memories we have of the originals.

I think you're right about each Halo being on the marketplace eventually, although I'm a little surprised that Halo 2 isn't on the 360 marketplace right now. Does anyone know why that is?

The online has been deactivated for a while now and Halo 2 was only about the multiplayer.

FyreWulff

Kind of wish parties weren't allowed in big team slayer not very fun to go against a full team of 4 star generals with a bunch of newbies on your team.

There's a setting Halo 3 supports called "Large Party" matching where it's supposed to put parties against parties and randoms against randoms, but it was turned down or even possibly off in BTB to reduce search times.

When selecting playlists, I think it'll say "Large Party Size:" or "Big Party Size:" maybe. Reach has it for sure, it was also a lot more strict about it. Halo 3 will go 'fuck it' and match whatever after not-very-long.

Top Bottom