• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 is now FREE for XBOX Live GOLD members. Come JOIN US IN MULTIPLAYER!!!

Booshka

Yeah, game pretty much got a resurrection.

Wish they would have put Shadowrun on this for NA people :(

Need Rez: Shadowrun

Hopefully it will be free for NA soon, having a couple thousand consistently on that game again would be something special.

And since there was no DLC because the studio closed shortly after release, it really is free to play! (with Gold subscription)

lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Microsoft/343 just give me a halo 3 remake on Xbox one, all the maps packs and finally dedicated servers. Do this and I'll play it for years. !

s/remake/port to Steamworks already. Give Greif.exe an addition to his Journey tag.

And fix the Halo 2 port. Goddamn mouse acceleration is horrible and you have to bend over backwards the better your PC is: WTF was that?

wwm0nkey

Need Rez: Shadowrun

Hopefully it will be free for NA soon, having a couple thousand consistently on that game again would be something special.

And since there was no DLC because the studio closed shortly after release, it really is free to play! (with Gold subscription)

lol
IIRC there was going to be a big free DLC with new maps and a new race that only needed a final art pass but then they closed

Booshka

IIRC there was going to be a big free DLC with new maps and a new race that only needed a final art pass but then they closed

Don't remind me, I have always joked that someone around MS Game Studios needs to dig all those assets up, finish them, package it with the game and re-release it.

Not sure about the new race, it was the Ork, which they didn't have initially because its role wasn't distinct enough and it threw off the balance, so maybe not put that in there. But new maps, please God that would be the shit.

Nebula

6XqKn8T.png

Host + Tank = Team of 6 destroyed.

ironcreed

Banned
I have not played this since 2007, so I went ahead and subbed to Gold and got it last night. Wow, we sure have came a long way in the visual department this gen, but it is still as fun as ever. I'm speaking of playing the campaign of course, as believe it or not, I never even took Halo 3 online. That is what makes this such a nice pick up for me.

Gui_PT

Hey guys I got like 40 kills with a giant tank that 1 shots everything in front of it

I MUST POST AN IMAGE OF IT ON THE INTERNET SO EVERYONE KNOWS

vgJames

Banned
Hey guys I got like 40 kills with a giant tank that 1 shots everything in front of it

I MUST POST AN IMAGE OF IT ON THE INTERNET SO EVERYONE KNOWS

Hey guys I'm a jack ass.

I must go into Halo 3 threads and complain when people talk about Halo 3.

Felt really strange going back to this after Reach and 4 but it's bringing back memories, the early 360 days I had a ton of fun with friends on this.

MormaPope

Banned
Alright, how is the player population right now for Halo 3 multiplayer? Wouldn't mind jumping back in if there is indeed a resurrection occurring.

MrDaravon

so like, is there any easy way to get mythic 2 on the cheap? it's the only dlc i'm missing.

It's half off right now, $5.

Played a while today with friends, in an ideal setup this is the best MP Halo. However the netcode is a serious issue, and without drop in/out multiplayer most matches are turning into shitshows where multiple quit, oftentimes before a match even starts. When it works it's awesome, but it doesn't work way more often. Also even with 45k people on the majority of playslists only had between 70 and 400 people on. In ~20 minutes of searching a party of three of us in SWAT only got a single match started.

Steam release with netcode improvements pls

Pretty cool going to Theater and seeing and remembering games you played 6 years ago. Games with friends you would hook up with 4-5 nights a week.

Windam

Scaley member
Just beat Reach's campaign, so I'll be jumping into some Halo 3 now. If anyone wants to play, my GT is quote.

I wish I hadn't had to work literally ALL weekend, 13 hour shifts, so I could've gotten in on some customs matches with HaloGAF.

At any rate, I'm going to try to jump on late tonight and tomorrow night if folks are on. If any of HaloGAF wants to join me I'd be happy even if we could get 6 of us together for some private 3v3 matches.

I used to be great at H3 but since I got used to the controls in Reach and H4 I'll probably suck for a little while.

Gamertag: LifeExpectancy. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. My prime play time is usually after midnight in the states though so most likely my UK brethren and others across the pond will be the best bet.

reKon

Banned
I'm late to this thread, but lol @ the gifs in the OT. I've never been a big fan of Halo except for the first game for various reasons. I definitely won't ever get into the campaign (trust me, I've tried with Halo 3 multiple times), but I actually for some reason now want to give the multiplayer a try. I feel like if I was to start fresh and play for half a day, I'd probably end up enjoying it more than those Call of Duty Spray fest games

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I watched my friend play the downloaded version, and it looked much jaggier than I remember it being. Is the download version worse than the ODST disc? If that's the case, I'll just stick to the disc.

Speaking of jaggies, seeing them just made me want Halo 3 on PC to clean them up,

FyreWulff

I watched my friend play the downloaded version, and it looked much jaggier than I remember it being. Is the download version worse than the ODST disc? If that's the case, I'll just stick to the disc.

Speaking of jaggies, seeing them just made me want Halo 3 on PC to clean them up,

It's the same game.

Halo 3 is 640p scaled to 720p

Top Bottom