• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 is now FREE for XBOX Live GOLD members. Come JOIN US IN MULTIPLAYER!!!

FYI, I just picked up 3 copies of ODST (includes every Halo3 multiplayer map) for only $5-6 each at GameStop just yesterday. I think they have some kind of used game deal going on.

Beats paying $12 for the map packs on XBL.

Halo3 is most epic current gen mp.

statham

FLOZJme.gif
FLOZJme.gif
FLOZJme.gif

MrDaravon

Most of the playlists require ALL DLC, so for most stuff outside of Slayer that'd be a yes. Lucky for you, they reduced the price of Mythic 2 to $5 for the duration that this game is free.

Thanks! I just found that finally on the Waypoint forums as well, god that site is awful. For those looking for specifics: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst228212_Halo-3-FAQ.aspx

I'm super broke but have like $6 or something in my XBL account so for $5 I'll probably bite. The fact that they were still charging $10 for a three and half year old map pack that a probably overwhelming majority of their userbase already had via ODST before it was even for purchase on it's own is hilarious to me though.

Ghazi

Thanks! I just found that finally on the Waypoint forums as well, god that site is awful. For those looking for specifics: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst228212_Halo-3-FAQ.aspx

I'm super broke but have like $6 or something in my XBL account so for $5 I'll probably bite. The fact that they were still charging $10 for a three and half year old map pack that a probably overwhelming majority of their userbase already had via ODST before it was even for purchase on it's own is hilarious to me though.

Definitely, Waypoint is a slog to get through I agree. Yeah, I was just talking to some people how it's ridiculous how they were charging the same amount for Halo 3 map packs as they were with Halo Reach and 4 ones. I wish they had gone free at this point like Halo 2 DLC did, but MS: naw got to get that EZ Cash $$$ yo

aw yiss

Not expecting a huge bump for Big Team seeing as it's DLC-required but just enough to make it possible to actually get games would be splendid.

I'd almost forgot the horror of Team Duals on Snowbound and Team Rockets on Narrows.

MrDaravon

FYI, I just picked up 3 copies of ODST (includes every Halo3 multiplayer map) for only $5-6 each at GameStop just yesterday. I think they have some kind of used game deal going on.

Beats paying $12 for the map packs on XBL.

Halo3 is most epic current gen mp.

Just to confirm this Gamestop.com is showing $6.99 for ODST used (or $6.29 if you're part of the gaming lifestyle and have a PUR card), so if you don't have any of the map packs that's probably a better route to go if you're going to play multiplayer. If you're just missing Mythic II from the ODST release (which is probably a lot of folks) just buying Mythic II may or may not be a better option depending on whether or not you actually want to go to a Gamestop or not and how lazy you are. I'm lazy :p. Also I don't feel super bad about throwing them $5 for a free digital copy of Halo 3, and I feel like I still owe Frankie for the free GoD copy of Reach that those of us who got that disc copy of Reach from the dashboard beta that they broke in a later update of that game that made the disc copy unplayable.

Amazing work OP, got tingles on the back of my neck!

Man the MP was so damn fun back in the day. Hated the SP campaign but the glory of finally having online MP here in my country for this consumed so many hours of my mates and I at uni.

Could go on about all the same things everyone else will, the four shots, no scopes with the sniper to the face etc., but I want to post about the incredible griefing potential the game had.

My brother and I once, over split-screen, were in a ranked CTF match. Level is Valhalla. Two teams of four. In our (blue) team, there was also another couple of guys on split-screen. Let us call them Arbiter and Arbiter [1]. Right at the start of the game, we start betraying Arbiter. Obviously annoyed, he betrays back. Now, we are careful not to betray a second time as it would give him the option to boot us. Instead, we shoot at our team mate and pretend we are trying to kill him again. So, Arbiter betrays us again. I get the option to boot him.

But I wait.

My brother plays on, and all that was previously mentioned took place about only a minute in to the 15 minute match. There is still about 14 minutes to go. So my brother, and the two other guys in my team play on. Eventually, after much battling and hardship, there is 30 seconds left, and the score is 2-1 to us. It is pretty obvious we are going to win. Arbiter and Arbiter [1] are walking back to our base with the red team's flag, and if they land it then we win 3-1. They are walking up the metal base, and there is only a few seconds left. Arbiter is JUST about the land the flag on the podium, but suddenly...

I press the boot button. Arbiter and Arbiter [1] are disconnected from the game. The game ends. Me and my brother win the match and gain EXP. Arbiter looses EXP for being booted from the game, maybe goes down a rank, and has had 15 minutes of his time completely wasted. Me and my brother were crying with laughter.

Hip Hop

Legendary Map Pack and Mythic Map Pack says that I've already purchased.

I have no clue since It's been so long, but I'll take it. Downloading now. We should get a few games going.

Massa

Silly question but do I get Halo 3 if I create a free Gold account on my 360? I remember the first three accounts or so get a free month of Live, so I wonder if that works for the free games?

Overdoziz

Banned
Silly question but do I get Halo 3 if I create a free Gold account on my 360? I remember the first three accounts or so get a free month of Live, so I wonder if that works for the free games?
I think that counts as legit gold unlike 48 hour codes so it should work.

Top Bottom