• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 is now FREE for XBOX Live GOLD members. Come JOIN US IN MULTIPLAYER!!!

wwm0nkey

If aiming feels like you are moving like a square, enable game mode on your TV. Input delay can kill your aiming in this game.

Toa TAK

Banned
Really pleased to see a thread for it's "re-release".

What's the overall population looking like right now?

EDIT: And a custom game of Elephant Wars is a must.

Shit I can't play MLG because I never bought the second mythic map pack separately.

edit: Oh god nostalgia overload. Such good times.

Obscured

How are matchmaking times for people? I was finding matches in social slayer and team mythic pretty readily a few days ago, but could never find anything in team slayer.

How are matchmaking times for people? I was finding matches in social slayer and team mythic pretty readily a few days ago, but could never find anything in team slayer.

A couple weeks ago, Social Slayer worked just fine (times comparable to 4) but Big Team would always reset before starting a match, even though a few players would be found. I would guess it's gonna be later today/tomorrow (damn time zones) before the population really picks up from the release.

Naked Lunch

What happens if I have the ODST Halo 3 multiplayer disc installed and then DL this - will this overwrite the ODST Halo 3 install file?

Man I still have an OG XBOX 360 with the 20GB HD. Can't afford the space and I refuse to expand with next gen here. I'll just keep at Halo 4 for now.

Cortaaaaaaaanaaaaa!

bronk

Banned
Me and my buddies played countless hours on a custom map I made on Snowbound. There was a ton of ghosts everywhere but we didn't use the guns. We only tried to run eachother over and crash into eachother. I had grav lifts for jumps in pretty cool spots. Deployable shields to throw out which you could throw out in front of a speeding ghost. There was grenades scattered all over the map so u can throw them non stop. There was brute shots and hammers all around the map perfect for combating (is that a word?) the ghosts. Also we didn't shoot the default assault rifle. I remember laughing so damn much and having a blast. Damn those were the days maybe I can get them to play again. I'm pretty sure I still have it saved.

Obscured

A couple weeks ago, Social Slayer worked just fine (times comparable to 4) but Big Team would always reset before starting a match, even though a few players would be found. I would guess it's gonna be later today/tomorrow (damn time zones) before the population really picks up from the release.

Yeah, makes sense. Last week social slayer was all I was getting too. Now my only problem is this download, took about an hour and a half to get halfway complete.

Dambrosi

Banned
I guess that free month of Gold isn't available to UK/EU duders, eh.

Serves us right for having the better PS+, I guess.

Ok, I'll ask this blindly before reading the topic:

Should I DL the game to a USB drive? People say the disc version is a bit slower on HDD, but did they fix the ondemand version? If not, is the performance gain worth it?

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok will drop pokemon for this today.

Halo 3 was still good despite flaws, better than reach or the disaster with the number 4

IRQ

Banned
its a free mp game. It will definitely surpass h4 on live.

I love you Frank. Love Halo 4, But unfortunately that's not the only reason why it might surpass it.

Halo 3 is original,Core, Skill based MP game( Requires more skills than H4). No running away from a mistake in MP. No upper hand. Everyone is starting equal. No one is killing you from across the map just because they have a shield that gets activated everytime they run out of health and walk sideways like a crab behind cover

While I love Halo 4, it's just not Halo game, It got CODISH taste.
No thanks to Reach who started the whole thing.

Spades

OP says that the population counter is broken - what sort of levels are we expecting/estimating this week/weekend?

stef t97

What in the actual fuck, when I try to download halo 3 it tells me ""purchase of this content is not available for teen accounts". Even though I'm 2 years older than the age rating. Anyone know a fix for this?

Edit: It works perfectly from my console, fix your site Microsoft.

Str1ke4

Even though i have the game on disk, all this talk about halo 3 brings back so many memories i think im gonna go play the campaign again

excowboy

its a free mp game. It will definitely surpass h4 on live.

I think the lady doth protest too much! I can't imagine that if Modern Warfare was free it would have a chance of surpassing Blops2 population... anyway...

Will try and jump in some games over the weekend - looking forward to it :)

What in the actual fuck, when I try to download halo 3 it tells me ""purchase of this content is not available for teen accounts". Even though I'm 2 years older than the age rating. Anyone know a fix for this?

Edit: It works perfectly from my console, fix your site Microsoft.
You just have to promote your account to an adult account. You can still download and buy any rated stuff via the console but the website is restricted to those with adult accounts only.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHtihRnKALQ

FyreWulff

Aw yeah

j9ej5B0l.jpg

So I wanted to play the CE Anniversary before this one because they follow each other chronologically right?

For those that have already been back on MP (I see this thread went crazy), what's the level like? I never played it and I'm an FPS noob, early frustration alert. :(

Tc91

Aaaaand my old faithful 360 broke, red rings. Wanted relive some of the best gaming memories that I had this gen before next gen hit.

Why do you hate me Microsoft?

Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago :/ Luckily my brother had a Xbox he brought round.

I feel your pain though man.

Top Bottom