• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 is now FREE for XBOX Live GOLD members. Come JOIN US IN MULTIPLAYER!!!

def sim

Ah geez. Looking through my old photobucket galleries is making me want to borrow a 360 from someone.

iboSfmegxILJVX.png

ikLx2NhdrzTDX.png

i21yZkuTnPZ0i.png

Is the Halo Anniversary remake okay to start out on? Or should I try and get a copy of the original game? Any major differences?

Halo Anniversary is fine, if not how 'remakes' should be done. Suped up graphics and sound (with the original offering as an option) and the original physics/gameplay underneath and some added information "Terminals" through out the game world offering more lore/back story.

Personally, I'd say start with Reach for the sake of chronology. The only downside to this is you have to go from Bungie's last offering gameplay wise to their first.

I'm actually kinda jelly right now as you're in for a right treat - enjoy!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Halo Anniversary is fine, if not how 'remakes' should be done. Suped up graphics and sound (with the original offering as an option) and the original physics/gameplay underneath and some added information "Terminals" through out the game world offering more lore/back story.

Personally, I'd say start with Reach for the sake of chronology. The only downside to this is you have to go from Bungie's last offering gameplay wise to their first.

I'm actually kinda jelly right now as you're in for a right treat - enjoy!

I would just start with CE.

Untracked

Playing this again tonight reminds me of a time when winning involved a co-ordinated team and some skill. A time before Armor Lock... before Grenade Danger Indicators, Ordnance, Loadouts and Perks.
A game with many amazing multiplayer maps on it's disc and when Map Packs were eventually given away for nothing.
The days and nights spent in Forge, remaking maps from 1 and 2, or creating crazy new gametypes for me and my friends, with whom I could relive past glories in Theater Mode from multiple camera angles and/or slow motion.
A time when Warthogs handled like Warthogs should, and didn't randomly float up-side down like wafers in a wind tunnel. With a kick-ass Campaign that had Scoring and Scarabs.
It was glorious.

R.I.P Halo.
rBJVCNC.jpg

You will not be forgotten.

Dyno

I think it's a real nice thing MS has done to keep some relevance to the 360. Halo 3 was a fantastic mp experience. I ground my way up to Captain despite an awful KD ratio.

Jetpacks made me laugh like a maniac.

GhaleonEB

Ah geez. Looking through my old photobucket galleries is making me want to borrow a 360 from someone.

iboSfmegxILJVX.png

ikLx2NhdrzTDX.png

i21yZkuTnPZ0i.png

I think it's also the Halo where the Spartans looked the best. After this they got chunkified and accessorized, and the clean, strong lines that defined their profiles were lost.

I think it's a real nice thing MS has done to keep some relevance to the 360. Halo 3 was a fantastic mp experience. I ground my way up to Captain despite an awful KD ratio.

Jetpacks made me laugh like a maniac.

Maybe it's a stealth test to get people ready for a return to form in Halo 5.

EvaristeG

Banned
I don't get the Halo 3 love. It's really uneven in all areas (graphics in particular), and the multiplayer was just plain boring to me, I had much more fun un Reach multiplayer and campaign. Reach > 3 imo. But maybe it's because I'm not a diehard fan of the series.

EvaristeG

Banned
I didn't mean it's not worth it for free. It's a solid game. But some parts of it are really atrocious (that underground military base level design and backtracking... my god)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Gonna try to play tonight. I'll be on this weekend too.

Anyone that wants to add me, feel free. My GT is monsterfracas

Zoolader

About 6GB.

The game is 5.72 gb but my HDD wouldn't allow the download even with 8.7 gb available. It would only download for me once I had 10 gb of free space. Makes no sense and maybe it's just an issue I was having, I still have 4 gb free now after downloading Halo 3.

The game is 5.72 gb but my HDD wouldn't allow the download even with 8.7 gb available. It would only download for me once I had 10 gb of free space. Makes no sense and maybe it's just an issue I was having, I still have 4 gb free now after the downloading Halo 3.
Hmm weird, I've encountered that issue on PS3s before, but not on le Xbox.
Maybe Halo 3 is packaged slightly differently. Probably not, probably a general issue.

ElRenoRaven

God the memories of all the fun. If I still had gold I'd so be playing with everyone. Halo 3 was insanely fun online. While I wasn't a huge fan of the equipment I find it a hell of a lot better then armor abilities. I enjoyed the hell out of the maps too. God I really do miss The early days of the Halo franchise. The first 3 games really were some of the most fun I ever had playing online. Hell I still occasionally play 1 & 2 online on the PC due to how damn fun they were.

Top Bottom