• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Interview With Footage, Probably No Beta [Up: Official Making Of Video]

Anti-Alaising has already been confirmed to not be in the build we saw. But it is in the latest build and will have it in final game.

gaming_noob

Only Multiplayer shown so far so we can reasonably expect better Single player graphics...not that what's shown isn't impressive already. Xbox Live Gold subscription, here I come!

NH Apache

Banned
Looks and sounds sooo good. My hype just got hyped.

Definitely want to see how red vs blue is integrated into campaign. Can't wait for details on that.

Chinner

Banned
anyway these are my thoughts as somebody who found reach to be pretty boring.

pros:
SP graphics look good
game will be more character based
BR is back
frankie's stubble
music sounds good (if its anything played in that game is for game, that is)
not bungie developing it
new enemies/story and other shit

cons:
multiplayer graphics do not look v good
call of doody perks poop getting into halo
could be more of the same (doesnt look like they want to pull away from gameplay/pacing)
i dont want to pay for xbox live

FINALLY! a halo with an up to date art style. I had a lot of issues with Halo Reach's art design with the characters. They had weak specular map and very poor Baked AO. This time the specularity isnt as blatant as Halo 3's but its definitely noticable aswell as good baked AO and contrast which gives the character a whole lot of depth as opposed to Reach's terribly flat characters.

This is purely design as these things dont technically slow down the game one bit. It all came down to the art design and it seems really great in this edition.

The lighting is also much better than any previous halo games, it seems up to par with the latest current gen games.

The textures probably wont be super high res like in Reach but the overall image will be more "pretty". CANT WAIT!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I was just hoping they would copy Crysis 2 on how the HUD would move in relation to the player, especially since it makes more sense to have HUB bob with a helmet on as apposed to a mask in C2.
I actually went back and checked and there is a very subtle HUD bob there.

Kibbles

v5hxp.jpg

73X1T.gif

Wow, well my hype has officially started with Halo 4

My first Halo game was Combat Evolved and I loved it due to me playing on the PC Halo 2 and 3 I really only played for the story as I didn't really want to deal with the multiplayer crowd (I did play multiplayer though).

But wow, Halo 4 is looking great. I might have to pull out my 360 again

lolwut

Halo 3 was incredibly slow. If you thought that was fast paced than I couldn't imagine how you felt about Halo 2.

This is true. There was a difference between halo 2 speed and halo 3 speed. Halo 3 speed was rather slow unless you're talking about MLG Halo 3.

In terms of speed
Halo 2 = MLG Halo 3 > Halo 3

Presco

i wonder if the story telling is in first person now?

This better not be a QTE. Looks exactly like the 20+ times I pried open a door in Syndicate by hammering X. Hopefully a cut scene.

However, even the possibility of a QTE in Halo does nothing to undermine my happiness at the return of the BR. Game looks nice and fast and jump height nice and high. Looks like it will return to the "feel" of old Halo while maintaining certain Reach elements like sprint.

Holiday 2012 is soooooo far away.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Subtle HUD bob I was talking about. Be sure to watch in HD(obviously).

Or just stare at my gif:

gif24hx72.gif

Bless this gif! I was trying to pause the youtube video right after the melee hits to see how much damage it does. Looks like the shields pop. Now, we don't know if he had low shields already but if I had to guess I would say that he doesn't. (No shield glow, 2 teammates rolling behind him) Certainly possible that he was already weak but that's my guess. Not a huge deal anyway, that could change.

I'm just trying to get any details about multiplayer that I can lol

I'm more interested in the SP and co-op then the MP.

Halo MP is only really enjoyed by the most dedicated and suffers for that fact. Can't really tell anything about the IQ from a few brief YT snippets.

So far its pretty meh. =/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Crossposting some Halo Community discussion about the "Perks", basically consensus is Eurogamer was trying to generate controversy for clicks because if you read the article:

Hopefully it's just things like spawning with more ammo/grenades/etc.

Mahonay

Banned
Certainly looks like more Halo...

I burnt out on Halo after Reach. Could be way none of this really looks that exciting to me.

Now I just want to see what Bungie has been working on.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Holy fucking crap. I need to let it all settle in, but I am incredibly pleased with what I saw.

I am VERY concerned about loadouts being brought back though. But I'm going to not think about that right now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Bless this gif! I was trying to pause the youtube video right after the melee hits to see how much damage it does. Looks like the shields pop. Now, we don't know if he had low shields already but if I had to guess I would say that he doesn't. (No shield glow, 2 teammates rolling behind him) Certainly possible that he was already weak but that's my guess. Not a huge deal anyway, that could change.

I'm just trying to get any details about multiplayer that I can lol
If you want I could slow down the MP .gifs so you can scrutinize them.

Another .gif, Chief Changes:
iwgp6yFySG5IB.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If you want I could slow down the MP .gifs so you can scrutinize them.

Another .gif, Chief Changes:
http://i.minus.com/iwgp6yFySG5IB.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nah that's ok, I'll probably download it and go frame by frame in a video editor. <3

Top Bottom