• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 leaked?

LastNac

Eh, not so sure about that. That gif is terrible quality, so you can't really see the gorgeous skin textures used on the Uncharted character models. I don't know the technical term for it, but it's a soft lighting within the skin that really makes the skin look like it has some volume, so to speak, and not just a texture slapped onto a skeleton.

Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception-Drake-Scared.png

Case in point, so much emotion(and detail) in one shot. Love UC3...

Elginer

Case in point. Halo 4 is literally up there with the best looking games on consoles.

You are correct sir. Why is it so damn bloody hard to finally give a Halo or 360 title it's fair due when it seems to be a technical and artistic show piece for the system? Gesh!

ironcreed

Banned
Case in point. Halo 4 is literally up there with the best looking games on consoles.

That is all I was trying to point out yesterday by posting the Killzone gif, which was actually a compliment to Killzone and what the PS3 has been capable of. I was not trying to inflame some PS3 vs Xbox nonsense. I am just amazed that the 360 still had the extra juice left to be capable of such visuals. It really is a gorgeous game.

LastNac

I'm not disagreeing with you, it very much is the best(expect for Crysis 3) looking thing on the Xbox 360. First time where I can honestly say visuals seem to be moving concept art.

DR3AM

halo games always looked good but never great. halo 4 actually looks great. the fact that people are saying that its one of the best looking games on the 360 is a huge accomplishment for 343.

now about the game-play changes, throwing the flag and map control were always part of halo and that's why people loved playing it. knowing when certain guns/vehicles would spawn was just part of the strategy. now 343 is trying to make it more objective based so that when you play CTF, you actually have to protect the flag carrier, so individual stats wont matter that much. i don't know how i like these changes until i play the game.

.la1n

No, I think Halo 4 looks amazing, I just think it's usually counter productive in these type of threads when people start posting gifs of games on other platforms.

ironcreed

Banned
No, I think Halo 4 looks amazing, I just think it's usually counter productive in these type of threads when people start posting gifs of games on other platforms.

I don't see the problem with someone just using another game that sits at the top of console visuals as a reference to simply show how impressive Halo 4 looks. That is all I was doing, but apparently some are too sensitive and get all bent out of shape, so I wish I had not done it.

Oh. So the pirates aren't really pirates, or bad customers. Got it.

That makes a ton of sense.

Don't put words in my mouth, yes, they are indeed pirates. They are also customers, bad customers or whatever you want to call them. It's still revenue. Do you have a dog in this fight? Relax buddy.

Don't put words in my mouth, yes, they are indeed pirates. They are also customers, bad customers or whatever you want to call them. It's still revenue. Do you have a dog in this fight? Relax buddy.

A thief is never a good customer to have. What is wrong with you? If they love their Microsoft downloadable games and console so much, they'll re-purchase them after being banned. Win for Microsoft, who probably still don't want to be the home to thieves.

Halo thread full of PS3 game screenshots. Who'd have figured? There's a cure for game lust, folks. It's called multi-console ownership.

ironcreed

Banned
Halo thread full of PS3 game screenshots. Who'd have figured? There's a cure for game lust, folks. It's called multi-console ownership.

Should have known that I would open a can of worms. I just wanted to emphasize how great Halo 4 looked and nothing more. Let's just all agree that Killzone and Uncharted look great, as does Halo 4. Because they all do. Simple enough.

Reiko

Banned
Should have known that I would open a can of worms. I just wanted to emphasize how great Halo 4 looked and nothing more. Let's just all agree that Killzone and Uncharted look great, as does Halo 4. Because they all do. Simple enough.

Top tier console exclusives all around.

Raven77

So have the MULTIPLAYER MAPS been leaked yet? I'm really much more curious about this than reading spoilers about the story, would rather have that be a suprise when I play the actual game.

Anything about the maps leaked?

A thief is never a good customer to have. What is wrong with you? If they love their Microsoft downloadable games and console so much, they'll re-purchase them after being banned. Win for Microsoft, who probably still don't want to be the home to thieves.

While not necessarily justification, a bit of food for thought... how many of those people already had Halo 4 preordered or were planning on buying it anyways before this?

I again think of when EA claimed massive losses to Sims 3 leaking early yet it was still the highest grossing Sims game to that point... How many of those "lost sales" in downloads were simply excited customers who wanted an early taste?

Again, it's not justification, simply wondering how many of the hardest of the hardcore M$ fans just wanted a taste even though they had already preordered.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So have the MULTIPLAYER MAPS been leaked yet? I'm really much more curious about this than reading spoilers about the story, would rather have that be a suprise when I play the actual game.

There are things called buildings believe it or not

Reiko

Banned
While not necessarily justification, a bit of food for thought... how many of those people already had Halo 4 preordered or were planning on buying it anyways before this?

I again think of when EA claimed massive losses to Sims 3 leaking early yet it was still the highest grossing Sims game to that point... How many of those "lost sales" in downloads were simply excited customers who wanted an early taste?

Again, it's not justification, simply wondering how many of the hardest of the hardcore M$ fans just wanted a taste even though they had already preordered.

It depends. Alan Wake being pirated accounted to a lot of lost sales. (I think over a million downloads) Could have done wonders on the sales charts if those were legit.

KageMaru

You are correct sir. Why is it so damn bloody hard to finally give a Halo or 360 title it's fair due when it seems to be a technical and artistic show piece for the system? Gesh!

I think some people are stuck in 2005 honestly.

Also love the avatar. =D

I don't see the problem with someone just using another game that sits at the top of console visuals as a reference to simply show how impressive Halo 4 looks. That is all I was doing, but apparently some are too sensitive and get all bent out of shape, so I wish I had not done it.

Don't let it bother you, I think it's clear you didn't have any wrong intentions.

Comparisons are done all the time on forums and honestly even between two games released the same day, a comparison is never really appropriate between two separate IPs. There are too many different elements/factors into game development to ever accurately compare two games. That's why I suggested to compare Halo 4 to previous entries in the series for a more appropriate comparison.

Not directing this at you btw. =)

Hindle

Banned
I'd say Halo is more impressive graphics wise because of how open it is, Uncharted and Killzone are very linear, which makes it easier for a dev to focus on the graphics.

EvB

IGN Have got walkthrough of all maps except one, which should be up later tonight.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
IMO, put these highquality models in CE3 and it could be realtime on PC right now

The lighting quality in this cgi has been demoed in ce3 before (cryengine for cinema video with the car scenes)

Turn off the Anti-Aliasing and im pretty sure CE3 could handle all this scene relatively easily.
None of the assets in the CGI look particularly extreme......in fact id go as far as to say we have already seen stuff on par with this in CE3.
The Crysis 3 CE3 DX11 trailer for instance......and to a certain extent Star Citizen......replace Star Citizens lower poly character models and it would look very similar to the CGI.
This could be mistaken by a PC screenshot, absolutely incredible.
Mistaken FOR a PC screenshot?
By whom, someone with a really shitty PC?
Just go into the High-Res screenshot thread and tell me again this good for console screenshot at 720p could be mistaken for a PC game.

Wait is that realtime in game Halo 4?
No way, must be some prerendered shit, the facial animations....heck the whole animation sequence looks incredible.
What video is that from?
Id love to see more of that awesomeness......shitt.....my hype levels for this game are climbing again.

Eh, not so sure about that. That gif is terrible quality, so you can't really see the gorgeous skin textures used on the Uncharted character models. I don't know the technical term for it, but it's a soft lighting within the skin that really makes the skin look like it has some volume, so to speak, and not just a texture slapped onto a skeleton.

Subsurface Scattering is what you are thinking about.....you are also most likely thinking about Uncharted during prerendered cutscenes....realtime in game UC looks pretty much exactly like the gif.

EvB

Just curious, does ND use the same character model for both pre-renderd and real time?

I'd doubt it, they will have a super sexed up high poly/crazy shader version for Cutscenes, there is no point lugged around all those polys on a face when running around 10 feet away from the screen.

Reiko

Banned
Turn off the Anti-Aliasing and im pretty sure CE3 could handle all this scene relatively easily.
None of the assets in the CGI look particularly extreme......in fact id go as far as to say we have already seen stuff on par with this in CE3.
The Crysis 3 CE3 DX11 trailer for instance......and to a certain extent Star Citizen......replace Star Citizens lower poly character models and it would look very similar to the CGI.

Just go into the High-Res screenshot thread and tell me again this good for console screenshot at 720p could be mistaken for a PC game.

No way, must be some prerendered shit, the facial animations....heck the whole animation sequence looks incredible.
What video is that from?
Id love to see more of that awesomeness......shitt.....my hype levels for this game are climbing again.

Subsurface Scattering is what you are thinking about.....you are also most likely thinking about Uncharted during prerendered cutscenes....realtime in game UC looks pretty much exactly like the gif.

That scene with the handshake is REALTIME. I know, blew my mind.

What video is that from?

Realtime. More:

iGKlRmvkKNnyQ.gif

ijrjcSp2kGGbn.gif

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
That scene with the handshake is REALTIME. I know, blew my mind.

Realtime. More:

iGKlRmvkKNnyQ.gif

ijrjcSp2kGGbn.gif

Ohh shiiiiiiit....Ive been on a mini Media blackout for this game so i had no idea the humans were so good.

Links to the video where the handshake is taken from please.....i dont want to spoil myself too much but that scene is pretty damn impressive.

adelante

Realtime. More:

http://i.minus.com/iGKlRmvkKNnyQ.gif[//IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ijrjcSp2kGGbn.gif[//IMG][/QUOTE]

I love how in that first gif, Chief moves about as if he's about to punch screaming guy.

Also, in that second gif you can see subtle lip movements as he turn away. Impressive amount of facial animation fidelity that easily surpasses other common methods done by hand/keyframe

Erasus

Why has a thread about the leak become a graphics thread

No stop this right now. As soon as people starts discussing graphics, textures, lightning techniqes, framrate SOMEONE always goes in and "omg talk moar abutt gameplay i dont care about this mumbojumbo"

Its a vital part of games. Allow people to discuss it.

Zeal

Banned
The fact that H4 is being compared to the most graphically impressive games of our day speaks volumes for 343.

The Mantle of Halo has been passed to a worthy successor.

Apath

The fact that H4 is being compared to the most graphically impressive games of our day speaks volumes for 343.

The Mantle of Halo has been passed to a worthy successor.
We'll see about that after actually playing it. The game could be the best looking thing to ever exist, but wouldn't matter unless it actually plays better than Bungie's Halo games.

sp3000

No stop this right now. As soon as people starts discussing graphics, textures, lightning techniqes, framrate SOMEONE always goes in and "omg talk moar abutt gameplay i dont care about this mumbojumbo"

Its a vital part of games. Allow people to discuss it.

How about No. A KZ3 vs Halo 4 graphics comparison can have it's own thread. Why do you feel the need to corrode this thread with gamefaqs drivel

I would be much more interested in hearing about gameplay from the leak.

Top Bottom