• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

I'm gonna water my Animal Crossing flowers with the tears of Xbone defenders today

And is anyone playing Halo tonight? By that, I mean: is anyone willing to put up with me being host for a few games before we all quit out of frustration tonight?

Therein lies the beauty of the Xbox One, you'll never be host.

Tawpgun

hahaha this is great though.

I4VFhcJ.png

Madness

I'm just happy because it means a lot of people will consider XbOne again. So many were going to get PS4 because of this and miss out on Halo 5 (Halo One).

Therein lies the beauty of the Xbox One, you'll never be host.

Of course I can't be host if I never own the console!

And that, sadly, was my last Xbox One joke. And a bad one, at that. Now that they've fixed my main concern, I don't have a problem with them (although I still don't want one yet). Still gonna make fun of Speedy though.

kinds off topic.

Now I want to know how much the digital games will cost.

For example GOW Judgment comes to GoD, at $76 dollars for Mexico.

Did they ever fill Kynan's position at 343 yet? He was the MP Lead Designer right?

I know I still havent heard anything back! What are you doing 343!?

Its been like 20 days since the job posting I wonder how long they spend interviewing. Hope they get someone great someone who understands Halo, and by that I mean has the same view as me of what Halo should be and fuck corporate MS higherups telling them to add in CoD.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Did they ever fill Kynan's position at 343 yet? He was the MP Lead Designer right?

He was MP Lead LEVEL Designer so he was in charge of the maps, specifically. I'm guessing a position like that could be filled internally.

I don't think Quinn should get that position, I think Quinn should be overall Lead MP Designer. Dude knows what's up.

Madness

Is this HolaGAF? I thought this was the Halo4 OT.

Well seeing as how we have no other Halo or gaming community thread, this fits better. Why post in off topic community when we usually discuss Halo or gaming related matters.

I think we need a new thread then. Leave this for Halo 4 specifically. Have a new Halo community OT so we can discuss the past games, the future, the upcoming Spartan Assault or Halo 5 (Halo One) etc.

Madness

He was MP Lead LEVEL Designer so he was in charge of the maps, specifically. I'm guessing a position like that could be filled internally.

I don't think Quinn should get that position, I think Quinn should be overall Lead MP Designer. Dude knows what's up.

Sorry for double post. You're right. Kevin franklin is MP designer. So then level designer, that's something Ellis could probably get no? I mean I enjoyed the season part of Spartan Ops, great spaces to play. With Bravo there for matchmaking playlists etc. Quinn to help with overall multiplayer, I'm hopeful for the next game. Whoever gets Kynan's position should be made to play all Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 maps over and over until they understand why those maps worked best.

The days when people were so committed to being Online Warriors in Halo they would get a new Xbox every couple months to consistently pull host.

The highest tier of Tryhard.

Dude!, are we doing a gamebattles match?! cause if we are lemme hookup my host xbox.

FyreWulff

I still remember (before they patched it out) everyone holding I think right on the dpad when a match started in Halo 2 to see if anyone on our team got host. If we didn't, it was pretty much an 'oh shit, we're gonna get modded or standby'd" reaction.

If you don't remember, Bungie left a debug button in the shipping Halo 2. If the host held a direction on the dpad, the border around their emblem would light up blue.

(Yeah, a lot of Halo 2 playtime was metagaming..)

Bulletin

still nothing on legendary slayer. lol guess thats not happening

also another tourney is happening

We are proud to announce that we’ll be hosting our biggest Halo 4 tournament yet this summer. The tournament will be a Free-For-All competition with chances to qualify at in-person events as well as online. We’ll kick off the tournament at the Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX) in Austin, TX from July 5-7. More details and pre-registration for the RTX qualifier, as well as registration for the online portion of the tournament, will be opened and detailed on July 1. Last (but certainly not least), the tournament will boast over $500,000 in prizes, so we suggest you start practicing…now. As mentioned above, all of the questions you have will be answered on July 1, so check back to Halo Waypoint for the full breakdown of the tournament.

I still remember (before they patched it out) everyone holding I think right on the dpad when a match started in Halo 2 to see if anyone on our team got host. If we didn't, it was pretty much an 'oh shit, we're gonna get modded or standby'd" reaction.

If you don't remember, Bungie left a debug button in the shipping Halo 2. If the host held a direction on the dpad, the border around their emblem would light up blue.

If you let it get that far, you were taking some chances. I remember in the matchmaking search screen, you would always make sure the match wasn't too fast (You could tell from the player count boxes) because it was likely to be someone bridging host/modding. STILL FUCKING AWESOME THOUGH!

The days when people were so committed to being Online Warriors in Halo they would get a new Xbox every couple months to consistently pull host.

The highest tier of Tryhard.

Holy shit, wow. I've not done that. I just have a good connection, so on Reach/H4 now, it's about a 1 in 4 chance that I'm host most games. Cuz host tables are a smart idea. Doing an at-this-moment latency test would be too hard.

FyreWulff

If you let it get that far, you were taking some chances. I remember in the matchmaking search screen, you would always make sure the match wasn't too fast (You could tell from the player count boxes) because it was likely to be someone bridging host/modding. STILL FUCKING AWESOME THOUGH!

You had that one player dedicated to listening to their Xbox because their hard drive was loud enough to hear if was loading a DLC map so you could back out and avoid modders.

Another guy watching the Recent Players screen to see if the modder's names from the last game suddenly lit up again so you could back out before it matched you up with them again.

Tawpgun

I have no idea what this is, and they have been mentioning it for like 3 months.

No one knows what the final options will be but its supposed to be something in between infinity slayer and throwdown/slayer pro.

So I'm imagining set loadouts, radar on. Almost like Reach 2.0. Hopefully it'll just be set loadouts without AA's, but I doubt it.

John Wayne

Neo Member
Yay new playlist! Hopefully it's good. Also please add more maps into BTB. I'm getting tired of playing Complex and Settler almost every time.

Franklinator, were you really amped to get some McDoubles this morning, or what?

cQGgYJQ.jpg

I didn't want to wait for them to start serving lunch, so I had to take matters into my own hands

On a related note, fracas and I tried one of the new quarter pounders the other day. It wasn't particularly great, especially for the cost.

I didn't want to wait for them to start serving lunch, so I had to take matters into my own hands

On a related note, fracas and I tried one of the new quarter pounders the other day. It wasn't particularly great, especially for the cost.

Almost all of Mcdonalds' new additions arent that great. except i love the shit out of the chicken wraps and mcbites! to bad i live in canada and they took em away after like a week.

To determine host in Halo 4 don't you just hold X and then see the name at the top of that game roster list. It seems to work after some mates mentioned it and they always use that method pre game start.

Speaking of host I had the absolute worst two games of my life last night. A fat donut, yep ZERO kills with like 15/20 deaths plus no assists and the previous game before just 1 kill and similar deaths/assists. Literally nothing registered and our entire team went donuts or 1 kill each in both games. I think I had Halo host nightmares last night. Nurse dedicated servers stat.

Top Bottom