• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4: Review Thread

TEH-CJ

Banned
Don't really trust reviews after that garbage Reach got a 91 on metacritic

To be fair this (the campaign at least) does look pretty decent. I wonder if anyone dare score this game less than an 8 though

Yea reach is pretty bad. I have replayed halo 3 numerous times, I cannot think of a level that I would like to replay in reach. and I dont know why...

You bad

23523_o.gif

The joke "Its so bad"

You mean how Ryan immediately followed that sentence with: It's too good because it makes me not want to play Gears of War 1.

You've never felt that a game improves in a way that it does everything better than it's predecessor? Pretty much everyone on HaloGaf is quitting Reach. Taking that quote out of context is one of the dumbest thing perpetuated by forum-goers.

Miles X

Yea reach is pretty bad. I have replayed halo 3 numerous times, I cannot think of a level that I would like to replay in reach. and I dont know why...

Were you not recently outed as a self confessed PS3 fanboy :p your opinion on Halo games is hardly relevent!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
its halo 4 a good game? hell yeah..but have some problems,im curious to see if they are brave enough to mention then like they do with other games,sometimes it feels like its a intouchable game
At the very least reviewers should comment on certain features that are not returning(for H4) and how Forge has made only an incremental improvement.

Striek

SMH why is a review thread being shit up by people trying to make the 'other sides' (lol) fanboys out to be more or less rational than them?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Were you not recently outed as a self confessed PS3 fanboy :p your opinion on Halo games is hardly relevent!

Umm nope not at all?

I like my xbox far more than my playstation, I don't get why people here cant seem to understand that. kind of stupid to be honest guys.

I like them both, I know people who work for sony, I have respect for sony, but I find xbox to be alot better in terms of games.

this is games we are talking about here guys, fanboys and all that bullshit is just child play to me, im a 30 year old man for christ sakes.

Gorillaz

I hope reviewers think about the Metacritic. Don't want another Uncharted 3 in our hands now

Wasn't on Gaf then but what exactly happened? Did this place freak out over the 10/10 IGN gave it? cause thats what happened in alot of places lol

Miles X

Umm nope not at all?

I like my xbox far more than my playstation, I don't get why people here cant seem to understand that. kind of stupid to be honest guys.

I like them both, I know people who work for sony, I have respect for sony, but I find xbox to be alot better in terms of games.

this is games we are talking about here guys, fanboys and all that bullshit is just child play to me, im a 30 year old man for christ sakes.

Well you admitted it that's all, and all you seem to do is diss Halo so ...

TEH-CJ

Banned
Well you admitted it that's all, and all you seem to do is diss Halo so ...

LOL check my post history. I do nothing but praise halo CE and halo 3. dislike reach...is that a crime?

Im far more harsh on playstation titles..thats what gets me with you guys lol

I diss killone 3 and resistance 3 more than any xbox game. so tell me, how does this make me a sony fanboy??

Proelite

LOL check my post history. I do nothing but praise halo CE and halo 3. dislike reach...is that a crime?

I diss killone 3 and resistance 3 more than any xbox game. so tell me, how does this make me a sony fanboy??

Because you said you are.

Miles X

I dunno, you tell us, you were the one that said you were a Sony fanboy 0_o anyway this is getting boring, I've only ever seen you come into Halo threads and talk trash so whatever.

Nobody answered my question about who from Destructoid is reviewing the game :(

bounchfx

out of curiosity, how many others liked reach? I thought it was fantastic. ODST was the only one that I didn't outright love, BUT it did have the best soundtrack.. it's fucking incredible.

Really, really looking forward to what 343 is capable of, they have some insane talent there. I have high expectations.

I wonder if the reviews will even talk about theater not being in Spartan Ops and SP.. =(

Other than that, I expect mostly good things all around.

out of curiosity, how many others liked reach? I thought it was fantastic. ODST was the only one that I didn't outright love, BUT it did have the best soundtrack.. it's fucking incredible.

Really, really looking forward to what 343 is capable of, they have some insane talent there. I have high expectations.

I enjoyed Reach's campaign.

MrDaravon

Just about every major FPS (and other genres as well) tends to review more favorably because it's going to be based more on Campaign than multiplayer, as any multiplayer the reviewers have played will have been review sessions. These games often have inflated scores in hindsight, and part that hindsight comes from millions of people picking it apart over an extended period of time. The fanbase reception to Reach is waaaaaay more vitriolic than it was day 1 for example.

You're unlikely to see many reviewers nitpick anything like Campaign theater being gone, and anything positive OR negative they have say about multiplayer needs to be taken with a grain of salt, especially as people get more time with the game over the coming weeks/months. For kicks I just went back and looked at the first Reach OT, night and day how people felt then and now. A HaloGAF regular who will not be named said that Reach was the game of the generation lol.

DR3AM

I wonder if the reviews will even talk about theater not being in Spartan Ops and SP.. =(

Other than that, I expect mostly good things all around.

wtf i didnt know that. :(
also theater mode is one player only again just like reach. in halo 3, theater was up to 4 people.

No_Style

I loved Reach. Probably my favourite Halo campaign.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Feels like I've stepped back into 2007 with all this fanboy sides discussion.

Top Bottom