• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4: Review Thread

Miles X

Random quotes taken after searching Halo 4 Review on Twitter:

UzYUh.png

DDqaA.png

ibzKPHzmdPx4DC.png

ib2I59ykPUUbQJ.png

Looks promising!

danwarb

Don't really trust reviews after that garbage Reach got a 91 on metacritic

To be fair this (the campaign at least) does look pretty decent. I wonder if anyone dare score this game less than an 8 though
I know Halo 3 got a 4/10, and probably worse. Some do it because they didn't like the game. Others do it for hits.

Probably check out the campaign off gamefly. I'm usually not much for shooters but I ended up liking Reach, and in retrospect I kind of really liked Reach. I can't think of a console straight-FPS campaign I like better now that I think about really. Hope 343 had some luck with it.

In light of the Games Journalism! thread, maybe we shouldn't be hyping reviews. You know, do our part to dismantle the PR/Games Journalism hype machine.

I predict some perfect scores,

XWBje8.png
XWBje8.png
XWBje8.png
XWBje8.png
XWBje8.png

due to moneyhats Doritoshats

Pikma

Banned
As I say everytime this gets up,

Do you really want someone to review the game who isn't excited about it?

Games are fun. I was that excited for skyrim, i wanted reviewed by someone who is that excited.

Yeah, it's not a crime to be excited for a game, but nope, that's definitely not what journalism is about, there's nothing in that images that expreses any objectivism.

Games are fun. I was that excited for skyrim, i wanted reviewed by someone who is that excited.

God forbid Lisa Schwarzbaum review a movie in a series that she's loved in the past. Send her straight to hell if she comments about being excited to see it.

Squire

Banned

I find your lack of cynicism refreshing.

Because all what I have readed about the game (from people that have finished the game) just look like something at least as good as the best Halo. How can be "garbage" something that is as good as the best halo?

"Different strokes for different folks" comes to mind, that's all. That, and we like to exaggerate.

I enjoyed Reach. Was it the multiplayer that is so reviled? I only barely touched the multiplayer but I had a good time with the campaign.

out of curiosity, how many others liked reach? I thought it was fantastic. ODST was the only one that I didn't outright love, BUT it did have the best soundtrack.. it's fucking incredible.

Really, really looking forward to what 343 is capable of, they have some insane talent there. I have high expectations.

I enjoyed Reach for a few months. The campaign I felt was pretty good, but not amazing.

It took me until a solo playthrough of ODST for me to truly love it. It's actually one of my favorite campaigns, and I wish future Halo games could expand on its ideas a bit more.

Mandatory ranking of Halo campaigns:

Halo 3>Halo CE>ODST>Halo 2>Reach

Squire

Banned
Yeah, it's not a crime to be excited for a game, but nope, that's definitely not what journalism is about, there's nothing in that images that expreses any objectivism.

Objectivism = indifference? Next time he should hold up Elders Scrolls VI, go "Meh" and make a gif of that then.

Come on, may be Reach is not the best Halo, but it is not "garbage".
I would certainly say it was. I don't like its Firefight, I stopped playing the multiplayer over a year ago, and the campaign was alright. As an overall package I really do think it's garbage. That's just to say that I don't think being a Halo game is an instant pass, but the most surprising thing that would come out of Halo 4 for me is if it manages to be worse than Reach. I don't see that happening.

I enjoyed Reach. Was it the multiplayer that is so reviled? I only barely touched the multiplayer but I had a good time with the campaign.
The multiplayer was the worst in the series by orders of magnitude.

when you write reviews, you're not allowed to enjoy yourself

ever.

They're not consumers like us. They should be doing their jobs and not having "fun". Are they children or are they professionals? If they have anything good to say about the game then they aren't journalist and are simply PR. I will not take any reviews with anything but what the publisher doesn't want me to know as a respectable piece of journalism. This industry is totally compromised and we are kept in the dark by back-room unions of puppets and their anus dilating masters who reach from down deep to move the hands and jaws of would be game journalists to proselytize their marketing plans. I've been unsure for years but I'm almost 100% positive that the only good games are those that don't review well and that go un-marketed. That's the sign of a just product that has shaken off the hands of its maker and has refused the dead hands of journalism. They've been labeled as games that were sent to die but these games can die honorably knowing that they have my trust and respect. That's all that matters when all is said and done.

Miles X

I would certainly say it was. I don't like its Firefight, I stopped playing the multiplayer over a year ago, and the campaign was alright. As an overall package I really do think it's garbage. That's just to say that I don't think being a Halo game is an instant pass, but the most surprising thing that would come out of Halo 4 for me is if it manages to be worse than Reach. I don't see that happening.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's garbage. That's like calling Jolie ugly.

DrBo42

The multiplayer was the worst in the series by orders of magnitude.

Provide examples or reasons.

Top Bottom