• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 released

mcrommert

Banned
Call me when FOV is adjustable - I'll wait till then.

DNsXXq9.jpg

Velikost

While I personally feel you exhibit exquisite taste, statistically you are incorrect. While we eased back on their dudebroness after the beta, the overwhelming consensus since launch has been that dudebroness, antics and fancydancing would be welcome additions.

No plans at this time however.

I knew it! Why did y'all oblige the whiners in the first place. Bring it back Frankie

#MakeHaloGreaterAgain

AlStrong

While I personally feel you exhibit exquisite taste, statistically you are incorrect. While we eased back on their dudebroness after the beta, the overwhelming consensus since launch has been that dudebroness, antics and fancydancing would be welcome additions.

A system like Doom MP where you can choose your animation would have been nice.

Also more cards to unlock. The more bro-ness, the more legendary. :p

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Isn't clicking Get the Game supposed to open the Windows store or something? It's not doing anything for me

1. Is your win10 installation up to date? (anniversary)
2. Are your drivers up to date?
3. Have you checked the store "download" tab?

SaganIsGOAT

They were shit. Their absence should be celebrated.

I guess if you are a pouty bk who doesn't like seeing an opposing team celebrate after they beat you. Really weird they removed it and replaced it with what they did considering I have never seen a team in real life win a game and stand there like a bunch of stoic dorks after the win.

JaggedSac

Yep, don't like that we can't even modify that via .cfgs since it uses UWP.

It's extremely awesome to have Halo on PC again, but I'll get motion sick playing it like this :(

If there was a cfg file to edit, you would be able to edit. UWAs do not preclude file alterations.

Qaloon

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing memory leaks? Anytime I try to boot up forge, I get kicked out of the game due to low memory. I have 8GB of DDR3, so what's the deal?

I cant get the Anniversary update to install so I guess this is gonna have to wait till I do a system refresh or a clean reinstall.

Caayn

Why can't I start Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike from the Halo app but can start Forge?

Anyways:
Downsized from 4K to 1080p with paint...

Good to hear that there are no plans. If you do put them back in, make them optional please.

Theorry

Why can't I start Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike from the Halo app but can start Forge?

Anyways:
Downsized from 4K to 1080p with paint...

Good to hear that there are no plans. If you do put them back in, make them optional please.

Looks good. :)

Same here.

I've had Forge since 2 days ago, and after I installed the Halo app, when I tried to launch Forge, it would open the Halo app and close instantly too.

Uninstalling the Halo app fixed that issue tho.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Does this confirm cross-platform play?

The content itself can be shared from PC to Xbox and vice versa, but there's no cross-platform play. Players on separate platforms cannot play together in the same game sessions.

Somewhat related, you can Forge with either keyboard and mouse, or controller. The onscreen UI will change dynamically based on what you're using at the moment. I freaked when I saw it.

th4tguy

Looks like my Windows 10 computer doesn't have the Store that comes with Windows 10 and can't be uninstalled. Awesome.

I had this issue. Make sure you have the anniversary update installed. It adds a bunch of features to the store, thus basically installing it fresh onto your system.

What's the error / issue you're hitting trying to install the anniversary update?

Its a generic message with a QR code upon rebooting.

I tried installing it through windows update but that finds no updates to install (hasnt installed updates in months for some reason). I tried downloading the anniversary update from MS website and it wen through the download process and some other thing and then the QR code error after reboot.

Ran the tweaking tool and it did nothing. I considered rolling my sleeves up and digging into google but maybe its just time for a clean reinstall. Only problem is there would be a fuck ton of games to redownload. So until I can find something to back up a shit ton of stuff on, its gonna have to wait. :(

DrBo42

Cool that this is happening. Hope this is just the beginning of support going forward although I imagine it would really start with 6. I would pay quite a bit for Firefight and Warzone on PC with dedicated servers.

Top Bottom