• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 released

mcrommert

Banned
Well hopefully when microsoft finally adds keyboard support for xbox one...the forging section of this with mouse and keyboard can be added to the xbox one game

Im downloading it, not sure if it will work for my PC I guess worst thing is that I will uninstall it but I hope that it works..I have the anniversary update but my graphics card(Nvidia) is kind of basic

nooo

xWfS9sS.png

JDB

Banned
The content itself can be shared from PC to Xbox and vice versa, but there's no cross-platform play. Players on separate platforms cannot play together in the same game sessions.

Somewhat related, you can Forge with either keyboard and mouse, or controller. The onscreen UI will change dynamically based on what you're using at the moment. I freaked when I saw it.
By the way Tashi, look inversion are shared between the mouse and controller. Not ideal if you play inverted on controller and default on mouse.

Forsythia

When I want to launch Forge, it goes to the app, which crashes. When trying to run the app by itself, it crashes too.

Nice app! :/

Glass

It says I'm up to date

Maybe its cause im on a surface and thats under the minimum? I'd be willing to play this at 480p if i had to lol

Mine said I was up to date too, even when I didn't have Anniversary. For whatever reason, that page doesn't take the update into account.

I for one am excited to try out Halo with mouse and keyboard controls for the first time every (didn't play Halo 1 or 2 PC).

Should be pretty freaking awesome as the controls were my biggest complaint about Halo 5. Something with the aim assist or lack thereof, I don't know, it just felt off and I kept coming back but never got used to the feeling. I think M&K should be fine, though.

dLMN8R

It says I'm up to date

Maybe its cause im on a surface and thats under the minimum? I'd be willing to play this at 480p if i had to lol

edit: I have windows version 1511 so its not the anniversary update. How do I get it if its not showing in windows update...?

Mine said I was up to date too, even when I didn't have Anniversary. For whatever reason, that page doesn't take the update into account.

If Windows Update isn't showing you the anniversary update, try http://aka.ms/winup

FinKL

Is there a way to change download directory?

I only have 10gb left on my SSD, and it's trying to download 35gb, which i know is going to fail
EDIT For anyone else to change app install dir
Code:
Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the System icon.
Click/tap on Storage on the left side. On the right side under Save locations, select the drive you want New apps will save to.
When finished, you can close Settings.

Caayn

It says I'm up to date

edit: I have windows version 1511 so its not the anniversary update. How do I get it if its not showing in windows update...?
Go to this page and click the blue "update now" button: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

It should force the update via a separate installer.

mcrommert

Banned

I only have 10gb left on my SSD, and it's trying to download 35gb, which i know is going to fail

This is a good point...anniversary comes with a disk picker for large games like this but it wasn't triggered when i installed the game...I think they broke it

dLMN8R

You can change it before you start a download, and after the download completes, but not in the middle of the download unfortunately. You'll need to cancel the download and restart it. The Store should prompt you to choose where it downloads to.

AF seems bugged, I have it set to 16x but it looks identical to what the Xbone version has... hmmmm

Also a bit sad I can't downsample since my GPU is suppose to be able to do 4k, I thought they added it to UWP games? Other than that seems to run really well like Forza 5 did.

Noobcraft

Downloading it right now on my Surface Pro 3 lol. If it even runs I'm expecting min settings at 5 fps lol.

FinKL

You can change it before you start a download, and after the download completes, but not in the middle of the download unfortunately. You'll need to cancel the download and restart it. The Store should prompt you to choose where it downloads to.

Weird, it doesn't prompt me the first time, but the second I changed it in settings.app, it gave me a prompt

I have windows version 1607, and I definitely have done the anniversary update (I have that annoying as fuck widget and shit), yet it is still not searchable on the store and it is also not available if I force open the page. Hrm... thinking.

AF seems bugged, I have it set to 16x but it looks identical to what the Xbone version has... hmmmm

Also a bit sad I can't downsample since my GPU is suppose to be able to do 4k, I thought they added it to UWP games? Other than that seems to run really well like Forza 5 did.

If you're using Nvidia and you have DSR enabled, UWP apps require your desktop resolution to be 4K, they don't seem to downsample themselves.

B3N1

Tried a Custom game on 650Ti - i3 2100 - 8GB RAM. Well I'm not gonna switch to this from the X1. :D

I've yet to see how Forge works on PC, I never got into that as the controller options looked cumbersome.

Any word on Xbox-PC Crossplay in Customs? Like having a checkbox to allow PC players in or something. I'd love to play this with PC friends from my Xbox.

Werd

I click Halo 5 Forge app, it opens up with "Halo" full screen for a second, then it goes down to the Halo app where I can see "welcome Spartan" for half a second and then it crashes.

Tovarisc

Tried a Custom game on 650Ti - i3 2100 - 8GB RAM. Well I'm not gonna switch to this from the X1. :D

I've yet to see how Forge works on PC, I never got into that as the controller options looked cumbersome.

Any word on Xbox-PC Crossplay in Customs? Like having a checkbox to allow PC players in or something. I'd love to play this with PC friends from my Xbox.

Something you really don't want to happen, trust me.

It was there before the Anniversary update, also you can just shut off notifications.

It was not there on my rig pre-anniversary update. Anniversary update must have reactivated it... along side a number of other things it reactivated.

Anyone have any idea why it is not showing as downloadable / available inspite of having the proper windows version (I have 14393.105)?

Nowise10

Anyone in a college dorm or using University internet getting this to play? Been getting the same error for 3 days straight and me being on my schools internet is the only reason I can come up with. Can't load any maps.

Noobcraft

Anyone in a college dorm or using University internet getting this to play? Been getting the same error for 3 days straight and me being on my schools internet is the only reason I can come up with. Can't load any maps.
That's probably your problem. I had to use my phone as a wifi hotspot and play my Xbox One/PS4 over LTE for almost a year until I moved into another apartment at my University lol.

Buburibon

Not available in Canada? I believe my copy of Windows is up to date. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Windows 10 Pro
Version 1607
OS Build 14393.105

Top Bottom