• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

Herbs

Banned
Make this image have a transparent background and you got yourself a pefect OT Karl.

Here's my attempt if needed.

qMD67ox.png

Glass

What would be great, after seeing how easy it is to edit the lightning or colours of a map, to once in a while re-do those aspects on existing maps. The BTB maps set at day? Swap em to night and push them out. Put Guillotine on the space canvas for a space type city, change the yellow accents to a spacey blue.

Maps wouldn't need that much more testing since they're already live.

Karl2177

Make this image have a transparent background and you got yourself a pefect OT Karl.

I was worried about how it would look on the default theme. Probably should have given it a preview when I was making it.

h5g_logoxparent.png

EDIT: I also was considering this for a header, but ultimately decided to use each of these as subheaders.
header.png

Strider

I hope someone will fix the lighting issues on the current Forge maps.

My understanding is that the original creators of the maps only had 1 week to work on them with an earlier version of forge... Then after that week 343 adjusted the maps some to get it ready for the launch of BTB (Still on the earlier version of forge). I could be wrong on these details though...

But now that forge is finished and launching the original creators will be able to update the map and the updated versions will eventually replace the existing versions.

Here's a post from NOK for example:

I plan to take about a week to properly update Deadlock. TOP MEN will rework the spawning system. I will be updating the perimiter terrain to make it look similar to the original, as well as reworking the bases to my original vision.

Lighting adjustments could definitely happen.

I was worried about how it would look on the default theme. Probably should have given it a preview when I was making it.

h5g_logoxparent.png

EDIT: I also was considering this for a header, but ultimately decided to use each of these as subheaders.
header.png
Looks 10/10 now!

I have the feeling forge is dropping today man

Herbs

Banned

h5g_logoxparent.png

header.png

looks great! couldn't get rid of the specks around mine but yours is superb.

Fuchsdh

Infection players are certainly the most vocal subgroup out there, but that's probably because Snipers has had its playlists and SWAT was in the launch playlists (100% due to King Frankie imposing his iron will :p)

I hope when we do get Infection we get those sweet H2A infected models as well.

Raide

The longest yard will be my first one since I can get the right amount of mancannons and get them aimed correctly.

Caja 117

Hope Forgers can make good remakes of clasics, I feel this forge give you the tools to replicate any maps and even cone close to the color pallete used in those clasic.

@Akai: I think that in the cartografer gift stream they said you can choose between 3 times of the day: Day, night and dusk.

Infection players are certainly the most vocal subgroup out there, but that's probably because Snipers has had its playlists and SWAT was in the launch playlists (100% due to King Frankie imposing his iron will :p)

I hope when we do get Infection we get those sweet H2A infected models as well.

Yes... I wanna see a sweet infected player model!!!! A brand new one would be cool.

Raide

Should be a little easier this time around!

Yup. Getting the layout was easy but having enough cannons to make the middle correct was annoying.

I remember there being a ctf variant of it too, so I might have to find some images of that to work on.

Akai__

@Akai: I think that in the cartografer gift stream they said you can choose between 3 times of the day: Day, night and dusk.

I know about that, but that seems like a drastic choice. A simple toned down lighting would be more than enough, so you could build other maps on these Forge Worlds without the side effects and on day time.

Fuchsdh

Part of me thinks that this is purely a ToD problem. Sun being at that angle and all. Change it to day or night and it wouldn't be a problem. Easy fix.

I get the argument that no ToD should actively impugn map playability, although honestly having played a couple games of Recurve I don't feel like it's much of an issue.

h5g_logoxparent.png

header.png

Id recommend taking those filters down a notch on the banners. You can barely see the AR on "share" - you should also move the text to left side on that one as well to help the AR pop as it is the focus of the image. Maybe a more tech-y font too. That one is too bold and very un-Halo. Good idea tho!

Top Bottom