• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

Naked Lunch

The story potential here is immense. Literally a decade plus of build up to see the Blue Team in action. I remember even before Halo 2 and 3 hoping Blue Team would show up in the end of those games - but they never did. Now it looks like its finally happening.

Ive always wanted to see an evil spartan in the games - or spartans on opposite sides. Looks like that happening too.

Bring on Halo 5.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really really really hope they do a decent job of introducing Blue Team in the game, tho. Most people will think they're totally brand new characters. It could seem really random and off putting.

Here you go:
hunt07.jpg

So blue team is 3 spartans, lockes team is 5 spartans?
"Then it is an even fight."

Sadly I can see 343 doing this for some cheap characterization which will put us lore fanatics into a fit of rage while the general populace is left wondering why they should care that some random spartan just died.

If they have a Spartan-IV kill a member of Blue Team they're going to be sooooooooo many angry fanboys.

Their tears will be delicious.

Sadly I can see 343 doing this for some cheap characterization which will put us lore fanatics into a fit of rage while the general populace is left wondering why they should care that some random spartan just died.

I could see Blue Team going down in a Bolivian Army Ending to buy the Chief time. Done right, it could work.

I could see Blue Team going down in a Bolivian Army Ending to buy the Chief time. Done right, it could work.
If someone from Blue Team is going to die, I won't accept anything less than the full Johnson treatment... 3 Games and a heart-wrenching moment at the end.
And it better not be Kelly or so help me god, someone will die

If someone from Blue Team is going to die, I won't accept anything less than the full Johnson treatment... 3 Games and a heart-wrenching moment at the end.

Better than Johnson tho, pls. Taken out by Guilty Spark is no way to go.

I'm talking about them facing down an entire army, here.

Though really, that's a best worst case scenario. I'd prefer if they stick around too.

kosmologi

And it better not be Kelly or so help me god, someone will die

This. Having them in just one game (or worse, a part of a game) would be terrible waste.
Although, I'm more of a Linda fan :)

Dr.Parity

Banned
Oh wow, they are really bringing in the old books with Blue Team being part in this game.

Although last time I read about blue team was Ghosts of Onyx where they teliported into a Dyson Sphere, so I'm probably missing a big gap between now and then.

Mix

Oh wow, they are really bringing in the old books with Blue Team making being part in this game.

Although last time I read about blue team was Ghosts of Onyx where they teliported into a Dyson Sphere, so I'm probably missing a big gap between now and then.

yeah, a really big gap lol

kosmologi

Oh wow, they are really bringing in the old books with Blue Team making being part in this game.

You should at least read Glasslands to catch up then :)

Yes. Also you do get to see them in Escalation comics.

Paradicia

Just realized that if there are four on both teams, there's a strong possibility of us having 4 player co-op from the perspective of each side. :O

Oh wow, they are really bringing in the old books with Blue Team being part in this game.

Glasslands fills it in.

Better than Johnson tho, pls. Taken out by Guilty Spark is no way to go.

I'm talking about them facing down an entire army, here.

Though really, that's a best worst case scenario. I'd prefer if they stick around too.
Heres the thing. Chief needs a new group of bros to go through the games with. Keys is dead, Miranda is dead, Johnson is dead, Cortana is presumably dead, Arbiter has his own problems to deal with. In the new saga, Lasky fits as a bro; but Lasky can't hold all the roles himself, so Blue Team should fit the rest, its only reasonable.

Gestault

Is anyone else having this page of the thread consistently crash in Chrome, unless they stop the page from loading all the way after a refresh?

dshagi

Neo Member
Both sides are 4 total.
Locke's Team
  • Locke
  • Unknown(Possibly Buck)
  • Unknown(Possibly Romeo)
  • Unknown(Possibly Tanaka)
John's Team
  • John
  • Fred (In the white space next to Kelly you see a barrel and some armor.)
  • Linda
  • Kelly

Mix

Everyone on blue team looks like they're blue/grey with colored accents, example, Linda has red stripes and Kelly has yellow ones, what if Chief ends up in the same color configuration? I know there is a 0% chance, but it's an interesting idea.

Both sides are 4 total.
Locke's Team
  • Locke
  • Unknown(Possibly Buck)
John's Team
  • John
  • Linda
  • Kelly

It does look like there's somebody else there with Locke, though, a 5th armored figure. Check down and to the right of him, there's what looks like another foot.

Also, Macer is probably on Locke's team.

Would this mean that there won't be any solo Chief mission? I always thought Chiefs old Spartan buddies were dead, and after Locke's team reveal I wanted it to be 4v1.

780.gif

tumblr_nnfmcruGyT1uokpa1o1_1280.jpg

I stared at this screen for what felt like an eternity. I was one click away from tucking my tail and being the good dog Sullivan hired me to be. Or I could take door #2 and crack this story wide open. Just this one click that would determine the rest of my life. I guess you know which path I chose.

Compsiox

Banned
Would this mean that there won't be any solo Chief mission? I always thought Chiefs old Spartan buddies were dead, and after Locke's team reveal I wanted it to be 4v1.

780.gif

Hey. Maybe it will be like GTA V. Everyone lives their own lives and only come together once in a while.

kosmologi

Everyone on blue team looks like they're blue/grey with colored accents, example, Linda has red stripes and Kelly has yellow ones, what if Chief ends up in the same color configuration? I know there is a 0% chance, but it's an interesting idea.

meh... olive green is the way to go. Other colours are not for real spartans ;)

You guys think this is really Mendez?

Could John's ability to
integrate with the augmentations have to do with the geas from the Librarian?

IIRC, that's mostly bullshit; they didn't really go over it, but John didn't really acclimate much faster than the rest of the recruits.

LordOfChaos

With this rate I'm assuming the whole image should be filled by end of day?

I wonder what days 2 and 3 have in store for us! Also new Hunt the Truth audio tonight...

Man, I'm this hyped so long before Halo 5 even launches, I'm not sure if either my adrenal gland or Microsoft can sustain it for that long.

Munki

Both sides are 4 total.
Locke's Team
  • Locke
  • Unknown(Possibly Buck)
John's Team
  • John
  • Linda
  • Kelly

any team vs Blue Team = Washington Generals vs Harlem Globetrotters

Top Bottom