• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

I think I'd really like to see an interlaced version of these. Scene switching.
Best I can do in GIF form.

JoyousCourteousDarwinsfox.gif

Heretic

Nice!

Also, I don't think ONI was expecting the investigator to go digging on his own. Maybe the official story was that he died when he was six but when it got glassed and everything was destroyed, they were able to push another narrative. They thought the glassing would effectively hide the death and in turn hide the kidnappings.

So who is making the awesome hype train picture this time? LOL

Wish I could watch that trailer all of you have been commenting on. Ole CVN 70 has some pretty horrid bandwidth.

Mesonak

First of all, that gif is great.

Second of all, whoever could make a Hype Train Infinity crashing gif would have my eternal respect and gratitude.

Has anyone listened to the new 'Hunt the Truth' piece?

It consists out of some audio transcripts from various interviews pertaining to people who knew John/MC from his home planet Eridanus II. Seems like Giraud is casually telling people that their childhood acquaintance is the Master Chief haha. This is gonna be interesting..

Also, it seems like he talked to the girl from the 'Starry Night' trailer with whom John was watching the stars with (Ellie apparently).

Hmm, John asked to be learned to box at the age of 12? That's odd. The Spartan-II program candidates were kidnapped at the age of 6 and replaced by flash clones.

This is brilliant.

Even if the trailer's story is actually in game I imagine it would be cutscene only. First of all we are not going to fight a human as Chief nor fight Chief himself; Secondly, why would anyone think Locke can beat Chief in a 1 on 1 fight? Unless they really go all ten miles by bringing Infinity as air support, but you would need to cross Lasky's dead body to make him do that.

I am still mad about Didact. Holy shit what a garbage character and boss fight. Disgusting.

Hopefully they treat H5 ending boss in a better way whoever that might be (Chief/ Locke).

But guys... can you imagine two different endings and two different bosses?

Like holy shit. Do they have balls to do that? HYPE.

Alienous

I am still mad about Didact. Holy shit what a garbage character and boss fight. Disgusting.

Hopefully they treat H5 ending boss in a better way whoever that might be (Chief/ Locke).

As I said in the other thread, I hope they have the balls to let you choose who lives and who dies.

And let the victor be the protagonist of Halo 6.

Madness

More than likely it's Locke and Arbiter together while they hunt for the Chief, interspersed with bits and pieces of Chief 'on his mission', and eventually the stories will merge and we'll play as Chief. Rumors/leaks have said Locke gets most of the playing time, and 343 has worded it very carefully to say it's not about how much you play as one specific person, but how they're contextualizing Chief story.

All I want to know is, whether the UNSC/Halsey/M'Dama and Didact be part of this Guardians campaign. I just can't see 343 doing 'what if' style campaigns.

derFeef

That's unreasonable for many reasons.

As I said in the other thread, I hope they have the balls to let you choose who lives and who dies.

And let the victor be the protagonist of Halo 6.

That even more so... not going to happen.

Akai__

Is this game going to have the shitty Forerunner weapons?

The Lightrifle was in MP, so yeah. The Forerunner weapons were actually pretty nice, but giving everybody a Boltshot (Shotgun) to spawn with in Halo 4 (and now in Halo 4 MCC again) is a terrible idea, though.

I get the feeling we'll get to play Master Chief sections and then Spartan Locke sections, ala Halo 2, but I hope not.

Was already confirmed, when they revelead Halo 5.

Dunno. Hopefully not. Halo is about Humans vs Covenant vs Flood. Don't need any other crap, you hear me 343?

That's what the original trilogy was about, that's not what every story set in the universe forever onward should have to be about. Halo 3 closed the story on the war against the Flood and original Covenant quite well. Reopening those chapters again just diminishes everything done in the original trilogy and keeps the series in a permanent holding pattern. I'd rather see more of the universe than just more of the same.

Edit: Meant to copy and paste this into the above post. Oops.

Monocle

I kind of resent Locke already just because I feel like he might get in the way of Master Chief doing his Master Chief thing. Leave John alone!

Wow, great job.

The Lightrifle was in MP, so yeah. The Forerunner weapons were actually pretty nice, but giving everybody a Boltshot (Shotgun) to spawn with in Halo 4 (and now in Halo 4 MCC again) is a terrible idea, though.
My problem with the Forerunner weapons is they aren't a huge departure from weapon types we've seen before. I remember someone in an old thread suggesting a parabola-type weapon with different functionality than the grenade launcher (which never should have been cut in the first place). It sounded awesome.

343 should use Halo 5 as an opportunity to introduce some exotic weapon concepts to the Halo universe.

Will be interesting to see if 343 will keep Locke as a opponent to Chief or it becomes the cliche of Chief convincing Locke he is right and they go together and right the wrong ONI did because Chief is all "Forerunners are coming" and no one believes him

My problem with the Forerunner weapons is they aren't a huge departure from weapon types we've seen before. I remember someone in an old thread suggesting a parabola-type weapon with different functionality than the grenade launcher (which never should have been cut in the first place). It sounded awesome.

343 should use Halo 5 as an opportunity to introduce some exotic weapon concepts to the Halo universe.

Apparently the original ideas for Forerunner weapons were a lot more outlandish, but during playtesting most testers didn't even touch them.

Still think turning them into a third variant set of the weapons we already had was a mistake.

-Ryn

Banned
Apparently the original ideas for Forerunner weapons were a lot more outlandish, but during playtesting most testers didn't even touch them.

Still think turning them into a third variant set of the weapons we already had was a mistake.
That is ass

Seriously if I had access to nifty Forerunner weapons I'd use the hell out of them. Perhaps the ideas they had weren't very fun... that's all I can think of.

BraXzy

That was the flash clone. Journalist hasn't connected the pieces yet.

What I'm really confused about is. John is kidnapped and replaced at age 6 so every account thereafter is recalling memories from the flash clone. So why is he listed as dead at age 6?

If he was replaced in the night no one would have noticed. Where does the death come from?

That is ass

Seriously if I had access to nifty Forerunner weapons I'd use the hell out of them. Perhaps the ideas they had weren't very fun... that's all I can think of.

If you go searching for different 343 GDC talks they show some prototype stuff for those weapons.

But in general people want relatable stuff. The gaf core might want crazy new stuff, but that segment is still only a small percentage of the overall group of people this game needs to appeal to.

Glass

What I'm really confused about is. John is kidnapped and replaced at age 6 so every account thereafter is recalling memories from the flash clone. So why is he listed as dead at age 6?

If he was replaced in the night no one would have noticed. Where does the death come from?

The death at age 6 is the clone.

I'm thinking the people Giraud interviews are plants by ONI. Doesn't he mention it was all the perfect origin story, until he finds out the record of death? It was meant to be a simple fluff piece on Master Chief as a hero. ONI would be supplying the info so the truth (child kidnapping etc) wasnt revealed.

Except Giruad is more resourceful then that, and realises somethings not adding up when he looks again.

FordGTGuy

Banned
So who is making the awesome hype train picture this time? LOL

Wish I could watch that trailer all of you have been commenting on. Ole CVN 70 has some pretty horrid bandwidth.

Same person who makes it every time?....

<---

Dunno. Hopefully not. Halo is about Humans vs Covenant vs Flood. Don't need any other crap, you hear me 343?

No it's not, maybe for anyone that doesn't care about the games story it is.... but Forerunner were a part of Halo before 343.

Humans, Covenant, Rebel Humans/Covenants, Forerunners, Precursors, Ancient Humans, Flood and other species of aliens.

Top Bottom