• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

IKR? I think expounding on the "flagging conversations" thing is gonna get them some extra attention, since it ties in so closely to the current privacy stuff.

Sogood.gif

EDIT: Further in, the description of the anomalies seems to indicate that it's
definitely not the Flood. Unless it's another Keymind fucking with reality again.

EDIT2, Electric Poodleoo: Jesus, the description of the ONI campus sounds eerie as fuck. Very low-key, but very definite, villainy.

Unnnnnnnff this is just crazy stuff.
I'd be down for some more Keymind fuckarooing but it could be something to do with those that piloted the ship that crashed on the Halo? Hmmmm.

whipihguh

Banned
Another great episode as always.
Unnnnnnnff this is just crazy stuff.
I'd be down for some more Keymind fuckarooing but it could be something to do with those that piloted the ship that crashed on the Halo? Hmmmm.
I'm pretty curious as to what that could be. Definitely doesn't sound like the Flood, and I don't recall the Covenant doing things like that. That being said, the only other things I could see causing that is
Some Didact/Medicant Bias/other Forerunner fuckery
The Precursors or something Precursor related
, or
some other unknown species, like whatever that species was that crashed on Installation 04

Another great episode as always.

I'm pretty curious as to what that could be. Definitely doesn't sound like the Flood, and I don't recall the Covenant doing things like that. That being said, the only other things I could see causing that is
Some Didact/Medicant Bias/other Forerunner fuckery
The Precursors or something Precursor related
, or
some other unknown species, like whatever that species was that crashed on Installation 04

Well,
It could be Halsey/Jul M'dama and the Forerunner items they locate with the absolute record/Janus Key? Or perhaps they're caused as a result of those actions?

Loving the weekly lore details being filled in.

whipihguh

Banned
Well,
It could be Halsey/Jul M'dama and the Forerunner items they locate with the absolute record/Janus Key? Or perhaps they're caused as a result of those actions?

Oh man, I didn't think of that, that could be it too.
They're just about to get to the Absolute Record in the comics, right? Who knows what accessing it could do. Heck, even if all the unlocated Forerunner tech is just brought back from dormancy or are pinged all at once to find their real-time location, it could possibly cause some issues.

Snwaters

Wow this is high quality. Kinda wished they spent the money on this instead of Nightfall. Imagine if we could get some animation to the scenes, almost comic book style like in the Waypoint vids. Really enjoying this.

Well,

From the books, we know that such ripples like the ones described are caused by large (astronomically speaking) objects moving at relativistic/superluminal speeds. Could be a Halo Array. Or another Shield World. Or maybe even a surviving Star Road.

LordOfChaos

What is waypoint supposed to be anyways, in-universe? And chatternet at that. If they're something like a galactic internet, how do they work? When did humans get such widespread data that is way FTL? The ball thingies ONI used for that were prohibitively expensive as of the books.

What is waypoint supposed to be anyways, in-universe? And chatternet at that. If they're something like a galactic internet, how do they work? When did humans get such widespread data that is way FTL? The ball thingies ONI used for that were prohibitively expensive as of the books.

Addressed on the previous page:

According to Halopedia, the UNSC worked the kinks out of reliable FTL communications some time in 2552. Seems to be built on reverse-engineered Forerunner tech.

Wow this is high quality. Kinda wished they spent the money on this instead of Nightfall. Imagine if we could get some animation to the scenes, almost comic book style like in the Waypoint vids. Really enjoying this.

From the books, we know that such ripples like the ones described are caused by large (astronomically speaking) objects moving at relativistic/superluminal speeds. Could be a Halo Array. Or another Shield World. Or maybe even a surviving Star Road.

Hate all this blackness, feels like an ONI document!
In the comics the monitor from the composers Forge took Gamma (?) Halo "somewhere safe" through slipspace I believe. This was shortly after Halo 4 though, but we didn't hear of any repercussions of that yet.

whipihguh

Banned
God, could one even imagine the intelligence and complexity of a Flood swarm that consumed an entire galaxy, or even a portion of it? The mind boggles...

So with this running through E3, what do you guys think the odds are of this directly tying into the proper campaign reveal itself are? Like, describing/leading up to a major story element shown off during the demo/trailer?

iFirez

That was Cobie Smulders voice right? In the new Hunt the Truth audio? Man they're getting some big names for this stuff.

Awesome as always, and that cliffhanger!

A star road showing up would be so freaking cool.

I'm going to jump on the hype train and say that I'm really enjoying these. No game universe gets me more involved than Halo. Some really great stuff here.

Has anyone done an analysis on the tones at the beginning and end of the soundclouds? There may be some information hidden in the pitch or timing of the audio.

Locke showing off what he's gonna do to Chief in that gamestop ad.

PSH...

giphy.gif

One thing I find interesting is how he calls ONI "O.N.I." instead of saying it as a name/single word. Hopefully that doesn't become the norm when referring to ONI in the games.

Bsigg12

One thing I find interesting is how he calls ONI "O.N.I." instead of saying it as a name/single word. Hopefully that doesn't become the norm when referring to ONI in the games.

It's kind of weird to think about because we don't try to pronounce FBI or CIA as a word but we do with NATO. I would guess it would be more common to hear acronyms for entities spoken as a word if they form a word that makes sense pronouncing like ONI.

It's kind of weird to think about because we don't try to pronounce FBI or CIA as a word but we do with NATO. I would guess it would be more common to hear acronyms for entities spoken as a word if they form a word that makes sense pronouncing like ONI.
Well, I mean people only put it as a single word if the word is easy to say. NATO or ONI roll of the tongue like every other word whereas FBI or NSA really can't be without adding characters in-between.

Remember that Locke has a squad tho, they were with him in the H2A prologue

They're gonna roll up on MC like

GC27OkO.gif
Pfft, please. Chief would absolutely wreck Locke and his squad before they even knew what hit them.

Top Bottom