• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Akai__

MCC, the paradise of bugs.

Maybe it's better now?
I'm thinking on doing all campaings on legendary with a friend..

H2A is the only campaign that is still very buggy. Whenever there was an issue, it was all about H2A. All the other games come with 0 issues, in my experience that is.

jfoul

MCC, the paradise of bugs.

Maybe it's better now?
I'm thinking on doing all campaings on legendary with a friend..

I still need to do this. I can't remember, how many of these games have campaign co-op? I might start this today after I get off from work.

Akai__

I still need to do this. I can't remember, how many of these games have campaign co-op? I might start this today after I get off from work.

All of them have.

CE and 2 = 2 player online co-op
3, ODST, 4 = 4 player online co-op (2 player local)

Fuchsdh

If you just want the armor, you can cheese many of the levels using speed-running tactics. Obviously there is still a bunch of fighting to do (like on The Library) but some levels have great spawn-skips that let you just walk through an empty level.

But really, fuck those rocket flood.

Never given me an issue. The fact that it lights up the map like a flare means if I get hit it's my own fault.

So much of the campaigns are now just instinct from running it dozens of times over the years, though. I've also internalized a lot of the speed running tactics so I don't even think about them, I just do the skip. I don't think I've fought my way down from the Control Room chasm and fought up the ziggurat in close to a decade of replays at this point. Same with clearing out the final chasm on Two Betrayals to get the banshees. I just glitch a ghost through the doors and blow past the final three encounters.

As for co-op, it's pretty much fine now, with the caveat that as with lobbies in general there's something like a 25% chance you'll get randomly disbanded if someone backs out or you change hosts, and invites will almost always fail the first time. And obviously after using dedi's and drop-in co-op from Halo 5 the inconsistent network performance even with good connections will sometimes be horrendous. Was doing Coastal Highway the other week for the campaign scores achievement and with two Aussies connected to East coast US we were pretty damn smooth. Somehow adding a European to the mix killed performance utterly. *shrug*

E92 M3

I would hate this so much. Love seeing stats. medals, etc all on waypoint and want it all in-game too.

Yes, but it's easy to stat pad and creates another arena without actual ranks. Social should be about kicking back and relaxing with friends. Right now, it's not achieving that.

Or at least have it like the other games, where Social stats are separate. I just want a proper social playlist in Arena - we don't have that.

Strider

Yes, but it's easy to stat pad and creates another arena without actual ranks. Social should be about kicking back and relaxing with friends. Right now, it's not achieving that.

Or at least have it like the other games, where Social stats are separate. I just want a proper social playlist in Arena - we don't have that.

It's not achieving that now because it has skill based MM lol

There will always be skill based MM playlists that lesser players can go to if they wanna play other lesser skilled players. Let social be all about connection but no need to take away stuff like stat tracking.

Needs me Assault, Grifball and Fiesta.... NOW. Doubles is for chumps.

Also... any word on Oddball... seems... odd it's not in this first group of "ball-related" modes.

Needs me Assault, Grifball and Fiesta.... NOW. Doubles is for chumps.

Also... any word on Oddball... seems... odd it's not in this first group of "ball-related" modes.

The new mode is a basic "ball" ruleset which can be customized into all sorts of ball related modes including oddball.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi gonna give us the deets ont he update schedule???

Tashi gonna get a belly rub from Elzar if he complies?

Tashi gonna mute G0SU?

:p

Don't have that for ya, but be sure to read Bravo's update later today for more deets.

Belly rub, yes.

Mute? Naw

3 Musketeers.

What if i said a box of 3 musketeers? Would you then give the kind folks here in HaloGaf some sort of tease? :p

3-musketeers-bars-36ct.gif

But wouldn't that only be in customs though? I want oddball in matchmaking as an "official" gametype

Exactly. This doesn't help us in matchmaking with an official gametype. And Oddball is one of the best gametypes of any multiplayer first person shooter. So much damn fun. Id even enjoy if it was switched up a little and given a "uplink" mode option.

BraXzy

Trup1aya

I'm kind of bummed that none of the level four commendations come with commendation Req packs. Once we get the Achilles Armor, it will be a long, empty trek to the helmet.

link1201

I'm kind of bummed that none of the level four commendations come with commendation Req packs. Once we get the Achilles Armor, it will be a long, empty trek to the helmet.
Well, I've been getting shafted with all the company req packs so far. Everything I've gotten has been very lack luster so not much of a loss to me.

Caja 117

Someone actually asked for Halo to be back at 30 fps in that Halo thread in gaming side....

That right there is when you stop and realize that no matter what 343 do for Halo, they will not please every fan.

Halo is Dad.

Top Bottom