• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Strider

Someone actually asked for Halo to be back at 30 fps in that Halo thread in gaming side....

That right there is when you stop and realize that no matter what 343 do for Halo, they will not please every fan.

Halo is Dad.

Yea I remember reading something like that on gaming side a few days ago...

"60 fps is not Halo... change it back"

wut

Here are the teams and rosters of the Halo World Championship LATAM finals:

6Tg0Uof.jpg

Afterlife Gaming, Chosen Squad and Chosen Legacy = Mexico

Team Calidus, Team GG and Black Lotus = Brazil

Insane ON FIRE= Colombia

Gideon = Argentina

Trup1aya

Well, I've been getting shafted with all the company req packs so far. Everything I've gotten has been very lack luster so not much of a loss to me.

I haven't gotten anything great. But it was a nice have some free shit to sell, and it was a nice reminder of our progress... And I'll take all the RP/XP boosts I can get

Someone actually asked for Halo to be back at 30 fps in that Halo thread in gaming side....

That right there is when you stop and realize that no matter what 343 do for Halo, they will not please every fan.

Halo is Dad.

Yea I remember reading something like that on gaming side a few days ago...

"60 fps is not Halo... change it back"

wut

If y'all think that is bad, stick your head into the waypoint forums every now and then...

Saw two threads in the last 2 days arguing the magnum is killing the skill gap because the AR isn't as effective.

Also saw a post that suggested halo should go to a 3 weapon system, with guns and grenades maps to the dpad ala Gears of War

Also so a post that crouch should be taken out because people abuse it to dodge shots. That same thread was full of complaints about the Elite controller, because it gives players an unfair crouching advantage.

Leyasu

Banned
Whatever future adjustments you plan on doing 343, please make sure that you leave the servers alone!! The last update has rectified everything... Great job

I haven't gotten anything great. But it was a nice have some free shit to sell, and it was a nice reminder of our progress... And I'll take all the RP/XP boosts I can get

If y'all think that is bad, stick your head into the waypoint forums every now and then...

Saw two threads in the last 2 days arguing the magnum is killing the skill gap because the AR isn't as effective.

Also saw a post that suggested halo should go to a 3 weapon system, with guns and grenades maps to the dpad ala Gears of War

Also so a post that crouch should be taken out because people abuse it to dodge shots. That same thread was full of complaints about the Elite controller, because it gives players an unfair crouching advantage.
There are a ton of questionable posts and threads on halowaypoint.com but some good ones too. I saw one requesting presets for your req load out depending upon what the warzone level is at in game. That would be so nice to not have to go through a req terminal every time you gaim up a level.

Trup1aya

There are a ton of questionable posts and threads on halowaypoint.com but some good ones too. I saw one requesting presets for your req load out depending upon what the warzone level is at in game. That would be so nice to not have to go through a req terminal every time you gaim up a level.

No doubt, there are decent posts if you dig deep.. Most of the time it's a cesspool

Leyasu

Banned
And there was me thinking that we would get 4 vs 4 social objective this weekend....

Got about 5 assassinations this afternoon..

Would it really be SO hard to have matches not count when we have quitters?

Every single game since Feb season started I've had a quitter, or an afk - I'm going insane.

Leyasu

Banned

Every single game since Feb season started I've had a quitter, or an afk - I'm going insane.
That just wouldn't be Halo dude.. The community would be incensed!! It's suffer quitters and everything else that goes with it and like it..

Lol my friends are going to be so pissed when they find out that the weekend playlist features Breakout maps.

But you know what, those maps are actually really fun to play outside of Breakout. Before Forge was a thing me and my friends used to play warm-up matches on those maps.

Strider

Are you guys saying there's breakout maps because of what was in the playlist when it was messed up and had all the wrong settings or its actually confirmed there are breakout maps?

Just loaded into one, can confirm on Breakout canvas.

Welp. Is it new or one of the existing breakout maps?

That just wouldn't be Halo dude.. The community would be incensed!! It's suffer quitters and everything else that goes with it and like it..

lol, true ;p

I honestly never noticed / cared about quitters until 5 though, somehow the ranking system in previous games was lost on me.

I'll never get back to Diamond at this rate though, MM gods are not smiling on me.

Leyasu

Banned
lol, true ;p

I honestly never noticed / cared about quitters until 5 though, somehow the ranking system in previous games was lost on me.

I'll never get back to Diamond at this rate though, MM gods are not smiling on me.

I was one win from diamond on Wednesday, then got dry cornholed 3 games in a row due to quitters..

Today I started at plat 6 and played pretty well all afternoon and finished plat 5 lol. MM gods are not nice to me either.

If you are in the EU, then let me know mate we could team up.

Ramirez

Then people would just run alts and have someone quit if they were going to lose, too many ways to exploit it.

They should have given us Ivory Tower remake, or something like that.

343 will not give up on Breakout lol

I love Breakout... but i'm with you on this. Would love to see more maps and some remakes of the best-of-Halo maps like Ivory Tower, Lockout, Wizzard/Warlock etc.

Strider

my biggest fear is MM will eventually be filled with remakes of maps that play like shit with the Spartan abilities in Halo 5.

Ivory Tower. Ew.

Leyasu

Banned
Then people would just run alts and have someone quit if they were going to lose, too many ways to exploit it.

True. Or perhaps a surrender system that can only be used 3 times every 24 hours or something. Getting double or triple penetrated for 5 mins or more due to quitters is annoying.

Ramirez

So, is it just Breakout maps? They added hearts to Gambol, surely to God this isn't what they meant when they said custom maps? plz

Fuchsdh

my biggest fear is MM will eventually be filled with remakes of maps that play like shit with the Spartan abilities in Halo 5.

Ivory Tower. Ew.

I feel like the only major consideration has already been figured out in previous games, that being sprint. Clamber, spartan charge and thrusters don't change things up that dynamically once you've allowed a bit more room for running around.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I don't know what it is but I'm having a really hard time using the h2 BR. I'm waaay more consistent in landing shots and headshots with the h5 BR. could it be because of bullet spread and I'm not hitting all 3 in the burst?

Top Bottom