• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

rhfb said:
Whoa whoa whoa... Where is Blood Gulch? How can they release this without Blood Gulch?

Blood gulch is already in reach its called hemorrhage

HaloReach_-_Haemorrhage.jpg

AndresON777 said:
ah so since I dont have reach any more Im sol if I just want to buy this for the multiplayer?

No, the disc has its own multiplayer portion but it just launchs a built in build of halo reach with only the remake maps.

besiktas1

So many games awesome, awesome games. OT; but fucking hell my backlog by the end of the year,

Halo, Deux Ex, Uncharted 3, Batman:AC, AC:R, MW3, Skyrim, Saints Row, Rayman and Battlefield.

StalkerUKCG said:

Did they put the Rocket Launcher back in the middle? The shotgun in between the rocks? The sniper up top of the base that your kill one of your teammates for?

Chuck

Still without luck
This will be the beginning of my marathon run through the of Halo franchise. Never actually played a campaign because I never had an Xbox. I have to see what all of the Hoopla is about with the series.

How does this sound?: Halo:CE:A, Halo 2 PC, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo Reach.

FyreWulff

Moaradin said:
Blood Gulch is already in Reach, but I do prefer the original to the remake.

The geometry for the canyon is directly lifted from Halo 2, and the bases are the geometry from Halo 1. It's more of a port than a remake.

StalkerUKCG said:

No, the disc has its own multiplayer portion but it just launchs a built in build of halo reach with only the remake maps.

And it's total shit. As was Blood Gulch.

Come at me.

ViewtifulJC said:
Did they put the Rocket Launcher back in the middle? The shotgun in between the rocks? The sniper up top of the base that your kill one of your teammates for?

Sniper is on the base, no rockets on the map (i dont think) and im not sure were shotgun is.

Its essentially the terrian of coagulation with the bases from blood gulch. It plays really well in my opinion

Thagomizer said:
And it's total shit. As was Blood Gulch.

Come at me.

I like it, opinions differ
yours just suck
, Come at me.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Wort! Official Thread. Nice OP!

ElRenoRaven

ChuckNoLuck said:
This will be the beginning of my marathon run through the of Halo franchise. Never actually played a campaign because I never had an Xbox. I have to see what all of the Hoopla is about with the series.

I'd do it with Reach first since it's a prequel to Halo 1.

Striker said:
But neither can stand toe to toe with Coagulation.

Obviously.

Someone asked about the maps and Reach. According to the latest 343 podcast, you will be asked if you want to install the maps to your hard drive when you boot the game up in order to be able to use them with the entire Reach MP set.

StalkerUKCG said:
Sniper is on the base, no rockets on the map (i dont think) and im not sure were shotgun is.

Sniper and Shotguns are exactly where they were in Blood Gulch, but the Rockets have been replaced by the Plasma Launcher.

Nice OT, but as I have said in every thread about this game: it's not a remake. It's an HD Port. A good one, but still only a port. The game underneath the graphics is exactly 100% the same, so it's not a remake.

This is a great OT, Ghaleon. Nice work.

On topic: the only thing I wish 343 did was include a few more of the Halo PC maps. They are truly excellent. Gehphyrobia is some of the most fun I've ever had. Sidewinder from the original is also great. Still, I'm happy they remade the best one from the PC, Timberlands. Hopefully 343i and Frankie consider remaking these bad boys too for DLC to Reach/Anniversary or for the hopefully inevitable remake of Halo 2.

Steelyuhas said:
Obviously.

Someone asked about the maps and Reach. According to the latest 343 podcast, you will be asked if you want to install the maps to your hard drive when you boot the game up in order to be able to use them with the entire Reach MP set.

Sniper and Shotguns are exactly where they were in Blood Gulch, but the Rockets have been replaced by the Plasma Launcher.

Didnt rockets used to be in the exact center, now they are more towards the "water" base.

Valhalla was the best Blood gulch

ChuckNoLuck said:

Sounds great! ...The only thing that could make it cooler is if Halo Anniversary Part II or Halo 2 Anniversary / whatever came out before Halo 4. If that happened, omg. I'd play Wars-->Reach-->CE:A-->H2:A-->H3-->H3:ODST.

def sim

What's up with the youtube comments in those map vids? All basically complaining it's not their game or it's just Reach with new maps. No shit?

Striker

StalkerUKCG said:
Didnt rockets used to be in the exact center, now they are more towards the "water" base.

Valhalla was the best Blood gulch
Rockets were always in the center, but it's probably due to calculations of the base placements. Either way each side has the same amount of time generally to reach it.

And no to the second sentence.

ChuckNoLuck said:

Reach, CE, Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo 3 would be chronological order. You'll be jumping around the timeline a bit if you play them by release date.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
scar tissue said:
Nice OT, but as I have said in every thread about this game: it's not a remake. It's an HD Port. A good one, but still only a port. The game underneath the graphics is exactly 100% the same, so it's not a remake.
I say online co op pushes it over the edge for me.

Chuck

Still without luck
PsychoRaven said:
I'd do it with Reach first since it's a prequel to Halo 1.
I was thinking that last year when I picked up Reach on day one but only played a little of the campaign because I didn't think it was packing as much punch as if I'd have played through the rest of the series first. If Reach is the best Halo game, I do want to end with it. I want to see what improvements and changes came through the 10 years of development.

ChuckNoLuck said:
I was thinking that last year when I picked up Reach on day one but only played a little of the campaign because I didn't think it was packing as much punch as if I'd have played through the rest of the series first. If Reach is the best Halo game, I do want to end with it. I want to see what improvements and changes came through the 10 years of development.
Of course it's up to opinion, but I'd say CE and ODST were the best in terms of Halo campaign, with Reach behind that. 2 and 3 being the worst of the bunch in that regard.

Thagomizer said:
Reach, CE, Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo 3 would be chronological order. You'll be jumping around the timeline a bit if you play them by release date.

Where would one fit Halo Wars into this? Or does it jump around a bit?

Awesome OT, Ghal. You never disappoint. =)

I know that this will be my personal GotY. I hope players who never experience the Halo CE campaign will give it a try now.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
AbsoluteZero said:
Halo Wars comes before all of them, and is very inconsistent when it comes to story. Skipping it wouldn't be a bad thing if that's what you're interested in.

It is quite fun for a console RTS though. If it had control groups, I'd love it.

TOM T 117

Neo Member
scar tissue said:
Ports > remakes

Edit: I just realised the irony considering my avatar. Make no mistake Tomb Raider 1 is far better than Tomb Raider Anniversary ;)

Nice OT Ghal

It says "4v4" under the firefight map.

Striker said:
But neither can stand toe to toe with Coagulation.

Coag is garbage compared to Blood Gulch.

But that has more to do with Halo 2 being garbage compared to Halo CE than anything the map is doing.

AbsoluteZero said:
Halo Wars is the first one chronologically, before Reach even. But it's a self-contained story and doesn't really affect the other games.

Halo Wars
Halo: Reach
Halo: CE (or CE Anniversary)
Halo 2
Halo 3: ODST (Takes place during Halo 2.)
Halo 3
Halo 4 (eventually)

AbsoluteZero said:

Halo Wars is before the main series, but it's also totally disconnected from it and doesn't really make sense in some ways.

Not that Bungie has ever really given a shit about continuity in Halo. *grumblecompletelychangingtheBattleofReachHaloCryptumlotsandlotsofsmalldetailsgrumble*

blamite

Great OT, as always.

"Last time you asked me, if it were my choice, would I do it? Having considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed."

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
really excited for the new reach maps and playlists.

Top Bottom