• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Grisby

Awesome. Nice OT.

Question though, is the title update going to change reticule bloom or something from what I read? Doesn't that kind of break the MP or does everyone still have to have it?

I haven't played MP since I got to 1st lieutenant or whatever the cap was at launch. Looking forward to jumping back in.

Edit- Ohhh, I must have missed this sentence. So there's going to be just a playlist with the changes?

Z_Y

I'm sure this has been answered a thousand times in other threads but...

Only the seven maps are on disc, not the full set of Reach maps (as was the case with Halo 3 and ODST). Reach owners can download the seven maps from Marketplace and launch them from within Reach. Forge, Custom Games and Theater modes are available in CEA for MP and Firefight for the seven maps.

I own Reach. I will own CEA. Will I be able to access the CEA maps from within Reach without any further purchases? "Download the seven maps from Marketplace" seems to imply that I'm going to be forking over some points. I'd hate to have to pop in the CEA disc everytime I wanted to play some classic maps and vice versa.

Great OT.

edit:

Tha Robbertster said:
You will be able to play the Halo Anniversery maps on the Reach disc without paying something extra IF you have anniversery.

Thanks!

Grisby said:
Awesome. Nice OT.

Question though, is the title update going to change reticule bloom or something from what I read? Doesn't that kind of break the MP or does everyone still have to have it?

I haven't played MP since I got to 1st lieutenant or whatever the cap was at launch. Looking forward to jumping back in.

343 has the ability to tweak the levels of bloom on the DMR, pistol and needle rifle. Right now, there is a beta playlist on Reach which has zero bloom gametypes and gametypes with 85% percent of the normal bloom.

No bloom needs some tweeks since the kill times become so quick and the movement is to slow in my opinion.

85% bloom plays a lot better though.

Z_Y said:

I own Reach. I will own CEA. Will I be able to access the CEA maps from within Reach without any further purchases? "Download the seven maps from Marketplace" seems to imply that I'm going to be forking over some points. I'd hate to have to pop in the CEA disc everytime I wanted to play some classic maps and vice versa.

Great OT.

You will be able to play the Halo Anniversery maps on the Reach disc without paying something extra IF you have anniversery.

TOM T 117

Neo Member
Z_Y said:
No purchase needed if you have CEA

This is gonna be like hooking up with an old girlfriend from 10 years ago who's now sporting a spectacular boob job. Can't wait.

Awesome OP, guys. Ghaleon and Modus are an unbeatable thread-starting team.

watership

Great OP. I'm excited for a remake? Who'd a thunk it. Also thanks for being tastefully restrained, no repeat of the AC monstrosity.

Ghal, great job on the OT. Clean & concise with a great history of CE.

Between Skyrim, the CEA campaign and new Reach maps, I'm all set for my holiday gaming.

Z_Y said:

Great OT.
You can install the new maps on your Harddrive and launch them from within Reach.

Grisby

Tha Robbertster said:
343 has the ability to tweak the levels of bloom on the DMR, pistol and needle rifle. Right now, there is a beta playlist on Reach which has zero bloom gametypes and gametypes with 85% percent of the normal bloom.

No bloom needs some tweeks since the kill times become so quick and the movement is to slow in my opinion.

85% bloom plays a lot better though.
Ok, thanks bud.

I actually liked the addition of bloom to Halo and wouldn't mind seeing it stay.

daedalius

Awesome OT Ghal.

Although I do have one question about the pre-order stuff, will I receive it since I preordered to pickup at midnight at BestBuy?

Can't wait for new maps, will never leave the anniversary playlists.

Z_Y said:

Great OT.

There will be a prompt when you fire up the game to install your maps to the hard drive so you can use all Reach MP from the Reach disc. No extra cost.

In regards to Reach maps, I'm assuming that CEA will include a single-use download token/code to install the maps to our HDDs?

I mean it can't be like the Halo 2 expansion disc where anyone coould use the same, single, disc over and over on multiple machines to install maps, right?

Please tell me it's exactly like the Halo 2 expansion disc!

watership

I have one concern. Framerate. We've seen some reports that the preview builds had some issues. Anyone have any further evidence that they locked it down. It would be a failure to me if the graphics upgrade came at the cost of fluidity.

Crossing my fingers.

Reluctant-Hero said:
In regards to Reach maps, I'm assuming that CEA will include a single-use download token/code to install the maps to our HDDs?

I mean it can't be like the Halo 2 expansion disc where anyone coould use the same, single, disc over and over on multiple machines to install maps, right?

I'm not sure, but they talk about it at Sparkast 08. Before I give you false information, you should give it a listen. (I'd do it, but I'm short at time.)

def sim

Reluctant-Hero said:

This would be so awesome. It was great when my buddies and I all chipped in for that massive Halo 2 map pack. Best way to handle DLC expansions on console to this day.

duk

Banned
pls excuse this noobie question as mp is very confusing...

okay some of the mp maps are remakes, does that mean mp is totally reach style or is it classic halo 1 style? meaning, do i get the lovely pistol, physics, quirkiness from halo 1 or i get reach weapons, spartans, etc?

Woorloog

Banned
duk said:

okay some of the mp maps are remakes, does that mean mp is totally reach style or is it classic halo 1 style? meaning, do i get the lovely pistol, physics, quirkiness from halo 1 or i get reach weapons, spartans, etc?
The latter with some playlists having beefed up pistol (but 8 rounds only)

ElRenoRaven

duk said:

It's the Reach Multiplayer. The TU recently allowed them to tweak the pistol apparently but other then that you're playing Reach's multiplayer.

duk said:

You should watch the BtS: Multiplayer. The multiplayer is Reach. But 343i tries to recreate the Halo CE MP with Reach. You have your beloved Halo CE pistole, you have no AA, but you use the Reach weapons and your Reach Spartan.

LosDaddie

Banned
Nice OT there, Ghal!

QUESTION: Any word when/if we can buy the CEA maps? I'm not buying CEA (don't care to play the campaign again...played in enough in college), but I'll GLADLY buy the map pack.

LosDaddie said:
Nice OT there, Ghal!

QUESTION: Any word when/if we can buy the CEA maps? I'm not buying CEA (don't care to play the campaign again...played in enough in college), but I'll GLADLY buy the map pack.

Yes, It will be available on its own at a later date.

LosDaddie said:
Nice OT there, Ghal!

I don't know if they've given an exact time, but they did say it would be a shorter wait than the Mythic Pack took in Halo 3. So maybe a couple weeks after?

LosDaddie said:
Nice OT there, Ghal!

It won't be available at the release. But it should be available asap. That's the last information i read.

sp3000

I still think the multiplayer will suck since it's like a slight modification to Reach. I am however looking forward to the campaign. Probably one of the best ever made.

duk

Banned
thanks guys, ima be passing up this then

sighs, still want that classic halo 1 mp just with updated gfx

ElRenoRaven

duk said:

Well sadly 343 will not be giving us that. If you want Halo 1 MP with online play the only way is PC version that while good is far from perfect.

Woorloog

Banned
duk said:

Then you'll be waiting forever or another 10 years at least (probably).
One stated reason for not having MP remake was unwillingness to split Reach population, and logically this will apply to Halo 4, 5 and 6 as well. Of course the stance may change...
(Regardless, i doubt Halo CE MP would be popular nowadays, other than for HCE MP fans.)

watership said:
I have one concern. Framerate. We've seen some reports that the preview builds had some issues. Anyone have any further evidence that they locked it down. It would be a failure to me if the graphics upgrade came at the cost of fluidity.

Crossing my fingers.

Wondering about this too.

Great OP though.

daedalius

Woorloog said:
Then you'll be waiting forever or another 10 years at least (probably).
One stated reason for not having MP remake was unwillingness to split Reach population, and logically this will apply to Halo 4, 5 and 6 as well. Of course the stance may change...
(Regardless, i doubt Halo CE MP would be popular nowadays, other than for HCE MP fans.)

One of the other reasons was Halo CE didn't have a networking model.

The Reach playlists will already give you faster movement speed, no AAs, and the mega-pistol. Oh well, people missin' out.

GhaleonEB

Infamous Chris said:

Other people who make topics should take note.
Disclosure: I literally took notes from the Skyrim thread, which I thought did a great job summing a huge game in relatively compact form. My OP is smaller, as there is less to cover, but I've concluded more is decidedly not better in the case of OT's, and I made an effort to stay comfortably in one post. Lots of links, rather than lots of text and image dumps.

Keeping to one post is going to be a self-imposed rule on all my OT's going forward.

Tunavi

Banned
squidhands said:
This is gonna be like hooking up with an old girlfriend from 10 years ago who's now sporting a spectacular boob job. Can't wait.
hahaha wow

getting hyped, cant wait for the awesome campaign challenges

Mr. Sam

Going to have to resubscribe to Live Gold for this. Damn you, Bungie 343i! Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Kibbles

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
Fantastic OP. Got this on Amazon release date shipping, so hopefully it doesn't fail me!
Same here. I almost forgot I already bought it on Amazon. UPS guy better haul ass over to my house. Though I don't get home until around 1pm anyways.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just assumed the framerate would be getting massively improved over the original. It kind of HAS to if it's gonna be played online. But the new uber graphics might make it chug a little... Is that what yall are concerned about?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
just pre-ordered.

has there been any word on the Anniversary maps releasing for DLC (price and date)?

S1kkZ

omg.kittens said:
I just assumed the framerate would be getting massively improved over the original. It kind of HAS to if it's gonna be played online. But the new uber graphics might make it chug a little... Is that what yall are concerned about?
there is a constant stutter in every gameplay video so far. it just doesnt run with 30 fps and i hate that. its probably because they have 2 engines running at the same time.

FyreWulff

omg.kittens said:

It's not going to exceed 30fps. Everything in the original game was keyframed for 30, and even if you let Halo PC render at 60hz, everything still animates at 30hz.

Top Bottom