• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:MCC HCS Cup cancelled because of joinability issues..

Grisby

Yikes.

Game is still a mainstay in my X1 but this is embarrassing.
According to other posts on here the main 343 team never even worked on the MCC and most of the work was done by hired companies. Pretty sure the latest patch isn't even done by 343.
Still their logo at the start of the game though. It fell under their watch.

Muzy72

Banned
This could have been the greatest collection in gaming history. 3 amazing games (plus Halo 4 >.>) remastered in 1080p/60fps, plus a full blown remake of Halo 2 all for $60. Fuck you Microsoft and 343.

ShogunX

Then their problem is outsourcing while focusing on Halo 5.

343 needs to stop with the various projects and focus on ONE project at a time.

May be totally out of their hands though. MS is calling the shots and as we know the MCC was originally H2A before somebody had the idea to tack the rest of the games on. A lot of outsourced work and a harsh deadline later and here we are with a broken product where any new fix only goes and breaks other stuff.

The whole thing just reeks of mismanagement.

Gears is in a somewhat different position being each game was on Unreal Engine where as with MCC they pulled 2 games (well the multiplayer for Halo CE is PC based) from the PC versions and 2 360 games and tried to rebuild the the front and backends to work across all 4. You can see where issues will undoubtedly crop up when the product is on a hard deadline.

a Gears collection would still be a clusterfuck of a game to get working I think. Epic themselves had trouble with doing something as simple as bringing maps from previous games forward. when the players asked to bring a bunch of maps over to Judgement they simply said it would be too hard and take too long to rebuild them, and that was from the engine makers themselves. this is not even taking into account the varying netcode issues from game to game, Gear2 being the worst.

even today, Gears3 suffers from a player induced bug where it's possible to hardlock other peoples consoles when certain maps come up. if MS can't fix that then what business do they have going back and trying to make a suite of those games?

Finaj

According to other posts on here the main 343 team never even worked on the MCC and most of the work was done by hired companies. Pretty sure the latest patch isn't even done by 343.

The MCC patches were apparently done by Splash Damage (Brink).

Kayant

Wasn't 343 said to be doing the online part of it ?

Guess 343 is still not redeemed.

XS5LK.gif

ShogunX

I still can't believe this piece of thrash got 9s left and right btw

Why wouldn't it get 9's? MS pretty much bait and switched reviewers with local multiplayer sessions behind closed doors with everything running great.

The majority of this shit only surfaced after launch and we got the ''well everything worked well on our end during testing'' from Frankie.

Patiently waiting for Halo MCC to drop to $20 on amazon so I can replay the campaigns. Don't care about multiplayer anymore.

Compsiox

Banned
Why wouldn't it get 9's? MS pretty much bait and switched reviewers with local multiplayer sessions behind closed doors with everything running great.

The majority of this shit only surfaced after launch and we got the ''well everything worked well on our end during testing'' from Frankie.

Ummm no. They had review copies. Even if they didn't they wouldn't base the final review on behind doors gameplay.

Jito

Banned
Still can't believe Halo ended up with 343 and in the current state it is. One of the most popular IPs of all time ruined by a studio setup just to make games dedicated to that IP, how is that even possible?

Still can't believe Halo ended up with 343 and in the current state it is. One of the most popular IPs of all time ruined by a studio setup just to make games dedicated to that IP, how is that even possible?

Sometimes the spark just isn't there when another developer picks up an IP.

ShogunX

Ummm no. They had review copies. Even if they didn't they wouldn't base the final review on behind doors gameplay.

Except that's exactly what happened. The online servers weren't even up until launch and MS held a pre-release review event where people played the multiplayer. Even states so in IGN's review.

for all the flak bungie gets with destiny, at least they could have made a halo collection that worked as intended.

never thought i would see the day were the halo name was dragged face first across the mud

jelly

Maybe doing H2A only would have resulted in less of a mess but 343 needed the other games, Halo 2 is a very weak game by itself. The only solution was to delay MCC and do it right but they needed those console sales. I'm kinda over it now, they blew it, if they make something good out of it, great. Will I forget what 343 have done across multiple games since Reach, absolutely not. Lets hope they come through on Halo 5.

Xenus

That are the facts. Not just a rumor or so.

You know though at some point if someone is messing up your name on contract work it's time to take the contract away from them and fix it yourself. That doesn't appear to be happening and is resulting in 343's name being dragged though the mud more.

MCC has to be one of the most embarrassing fuck-ups this industry and medium has ever seen.

We're not talking about just another overhyped, mass-marketed AAA release. Halo is supposed to be the killer-app that pulls in system sales for Xbox like a vacuum. This is like if WiiU Zelda ended up being a broken mess, and even then, Nintendo has other huge names like Mario, Smash, Metroid, etc. to pick up the slack. Microsoft pretty much has nothing to represent their system beyond Halo, maybe excluding Forza.

I honestly can't tell what they should do at this point. Even if the game was fixed, virtually no one cares anymore.

jelly

I would be amazed if they fixed the game to an expected and high quality level along with good community support. Halo 5 lalalalalala can't hear you lalalalalala 2016 new Halo game lalalalalalala can't hear you.

le.phat

I dunno, people like to shit on 343 for not getting their shit straight, but i'm pretty confident it was Microsoft that forced the MCC to the market since they only focus on 3 months a year.

Bsigg12

a Gears collection would still be a clusterfuck of a game to get working I think. Epic themselves had trouble with doing something as simple as bringing maps from previous games forward. when the players asked to bring a bunch of maps over to Judgement they simply said it would be too hard and take too long to rebuild them, and that was from the engine makers themselves. this is not even taking into account the varying netcode issues from game to game, Gear2 being the worst.

even today, Gears3 suffers from a player induced bug where it's possible to hardlock other peoples consoles when certain maps come up. if MS can't fix that then what business do they have going back and trying to make a suite of those games?

Oh I'm sure it would still be a monumental undertaking that would take more time than I would think Microsoft is willing to allot.

I thought this game was finally fixed? I guess not? I can't say I know since I got a refund for it many, many months ago.

Give 343 a chance, they are trying their hardest to fix the game. Gamer entitlement really through the roof these days

Gotta be a joke. It just has to be.

Top Bottom