• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:MCC HCS Cup cancelled because of joinability issues..

meanspartan

According to other posts on here the main 343 team never even worked on the MCC and most of the work was done by hired companies. Pretty sure the latest patch isn't even done by 343.

Yup, same excuse we heard from Gearbox when Colonial Marines sucked. Passing the buck when we all know damn well they would have been glad to take the credit if it were good.

343 is responsible for Halo now, that is what we have been led to believe so that is who is responsible. If a company you hire to renovate your house screws up, your dispute is with them and not the independent contractors they hired to do parts of the job for them.

Angel_DvA

343 is responsible for Halo now, that is what we have been led to believe to that is who is responsible. If a company you hire to renovate your house screws up, your dispute is with them and not the independent contractors they hired to do parts of the job for them.

This X1000, I don't understand the narrative about 343 not being involved, they should have been more careful about the game they were going to release, especially since they're responsible for Halo now.

Give 343 a chance, they are trying their hardest to fix the game. Gamer entitlement really through the roof these days

is this real life?

According to other posts on here the main 343 team never even worked on the MCC and most of the work was done by hired companies. Pretty sure the latest patch isn't even done by 343.

well I guess they won't be outsourcing their most important franchise to third parties anymore.

Give 343 a chance, they are trying their hardest to fix the game. Gamer entitlement really through the roof these days

Lol gamer entitlement
6 months post release and the game still sucks so bad they have to cancel their own events

But yes, definitely entitlement.

meanspartan

What the fu-

nevermind, you must be being sarcastic, troll successful. If you aren't being sarcastic, then you aren't worth talking to anyway with an idiotic opinion like that.

Embarrassing doesn't begin to cover this.

This could be a death blow to a series that's already struggling in an ever competitive first person shooter market.

You dun goofed, MS/343.

Out of the 3 broken games from last year this is the only one to not fix itself yet. DriveClub is fucking amazing now. Ac Unity mostly works. And Halo is still a broken turd...Jesus I feel bad for anyone who bought this for anything but singleplayer :(

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
A couple extra notes to put this into perspective:

1) The march patch made joining/inviting and parties in general a much better experience. It was a very solid and working experience.

2) The April patch added ranks, which work!, BUT, the changes to parties/inviting has been made worse.

3) Hopefully a reversion of the April patch/party/inviting fixes can be done to make it like the March patch again.

4) First online cup cancelled due to issues. This is 1 online cup (I believe they're 10 total online cups + 3 big LAN events per HCS season).

LeslieNielsonNothingToSeeHere.gif

This situation is just laughable at this point. Fix this shit Guerilla.

meanspartan

Embarrassing doesn't begin to cover this.

This could be a death blow to a series that's already struggling in an ever competitive first person shooter market.

You dun goofed, MS/343.

WIth Halo 4's online losing its playerbase so fast, and now MCC, Halo 5 is their last chance to prove they are even capable of being half as good as Bungie was with this series.

Don't get me wrong, Halo 4 had a fun campaign and I'm sure the next couple will as well, so maybe 343 is handling the story aspects just fine. But the series that really put console FPS pvp on the map is losing the war to CoD and Battlefield.

WIth Halo 4's online losing its playerbase so fast, and now MCC, Halo 5 is their last chance to prove they are even capable of being half as good as Bungie was with this series.

Don't get me wrong, Halo 4 had a fun campaign and I'm sure the next couple will as well, so maybe 343 is handling the story aspects just fine. But the series that really put console FPS pvp on the map is losing the war to CoD and Battlefield.

I think some would argue it lost that war years ago

A couple extra notes to put this into perspective:

1) The march patch made joining/inviting and parties in general a much better experience. It was a very solid and working experience.

2) The April patch added ranks, which work!, BUT, the changes to parties/inviting has been made worse.

3) Hopefully a reversion of the April patch/party/inviting fixes can be done to make it like the March patch again.

4) First online cup cancelled due to issues. This is 1 online cup (I believe they're 10 total online cups + 3 big LAN events per HCS season).

This is just ridiculousness. How screwed up can a game be

TrounceX

I still think this game is ripe for a class action lawsuit. At best MCC is an example of broken promises, and at worst, false advertising. Only in this industry can you release an utterly broken product and get away with it.

I'm so glad I sold my Xbone. I'm done with MS and anything released by 343 for a long, long time.

I'm not sure people will be around for Halo 5 with how MCC turned out. That's we're over six months out and the problems still haven't been fix is a damning indictment of how 343 have handled the IP since they took over.

It's lost its premier first person shooter credentials and it's going to be a very hard uphill struggle to win them back.

tanooki27

This could have been the greatest collection in gaming history. 3 amazing games (plus Halo 4 >.>) remastered in 1080p/60fps, plus a full blown remake of Halo 2 all for $60. Fuck you Microsoft and 343.

yep, mind boggling how bad they screwed up what could have been great.

I still think this game is ripe for a class action lawsuit. At best MCC is an example of broken promises, and at worst, false advertising. Only in this industry can you release an utterly broken product and get away with it.

Not only can you get away with it, but nobody responsible will get fired, all the higher ups who were hyping the game up prior to release will immediately go silent once it's out, and the only apology you get is a PR-filtered mad libs hunk of nonsense.

meanspartan

This could have been the greatest collection in gaming history. 3 amazing games (plus Halo 4 >.>) remastered in 1080p/60fps, plus a full blown remake of Halo 2 all for $60. Fuck you Microsoft and 343.

snes-super-mario-all-stars-with-world.jpg

And it fucking worked at launch. :p

Completely different companies responsible.

God, I feel like this excuse was made by one person awhile after release and now every 343 defender repeats it as a main talking point, as if it makes any difference to consumers.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Thought this post was talking about how the MCC was created by various companies while Halo 5 is ostensibly only 343. That'll teach me to end posts correctly.

ShogunX

I don't think it will ever reach the popularity it once had ever again. Multiplayer games with a large skill gap are now firmly behind games that people can just pick up and play (on consoles at least).

To follow on from my point above I've been playing the Smite alpha recently and it's been refreshing to see people with a knowledge of the game combined with good teamwork flat out stomping those new to the game.

This is why for me at least it's not always the best route for games to go chasing new fans by trying to cater and entice them in. Once these new players move on to the next big game you are left with a pissed off original fanbase. I hope 343 don't repeat that with Halo 5.

Xenus

I'm not sure people will be around for Halo 5 with how MCC turned out. That's we're over six months out and the problems still haven't been fix is a damning indictment of how 343 have handled the IP since they took over.

It's lost its premier first person shooter credentials and it's going to be a very hard uphill struggle to win them back.

I think they will be if it's good but I think MCC hurt a lot of their goodwill with the series so it won't be as frontloaded as it would normally be. Which means if the game isn't good numbers could be quite a bit lower.

Tenebrous

Competitive Halo is still a thing? Wow.

Anyway, I can't believe they've not fixed MCC yet. I've been tempted to pick up one of the cheaper Xbox One deals to play MCC in the past, as I know I'm going to want to play Scalebound... But the fact it's still borked this late after launch? Absolutely pathetic.

God, I feel like this excuse was made by one person awhile after release and now every 343 defender repeats it as a main talking point, as if it makes any difference to consumers.

"I just bought this car and it doesn't work."

"God the ENTITLEMENT. Don't you realize I hired multiple people to make this car?"

I don't even understand their point really.

I think they will be if it's good but I think MCC hurt a lot of their goodwill with the series so it won't be as frontloaded as it would normally be. Which means if the game isn't good numbers could be quite a bit lower.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. It won't be the record breaking behemoth it once was. Those days are long gone.

Man, Halo is a prime example of how not tk treat an IP when the original developers move on.

Let's see what MS have up their sleeve with Gears...

Why did they just not make them separate games in one bundle like Metro. Halo 1&2 run two engines at the same time and all off the new shit thrown on top off that would never work with that development time.

Why did they just not make them separate games in one bundle like Metro. Halo 1&2 run two engines at the same time and all off the new shit thrown on top off that would never work with that development time.

Microsoft valued short term sales last November + December more than making players happy. Halo: MCC was sent to die as one of the sacrifices to the NPD gods that MS made last year to keep themselves relevant in the US when Sony looked like they were gaining some real big momentum off the Destiny bundle.

Dr.Parity

Banned
Then their problem is outsourcing while focusing on Halo 5.

343 needs to stop with the various projects and focus on ONE project at a time.

I highly doubt 343 was responsible for the outsourcing.

If I had to bet it went something like this,

Microsoft: "Ok, we are going to do a big collection for Halo and put all the games on the XB1"

343: "We won't be able to work on it, Halo 5 is in full production"

Microsoft: "Right, we are just going to outsource it and slap your name on it so it will inspire more confidence and it will sell more"

Apathy

Nothing will come off this. Halo 5 will still sell and people will dismiss any issues because of the name. Even now if you look at mcc ot or patch threads, people will claim the game is prefect no issues and anyone with a complaint is some special instances, 1 in a million.

Deadbeat

Banned
Nothing will come off this. Halo 5 will still sell and people will dismiss any issues because of the name. Even now if you look at mcc ot or patch threads, people will claim the game is prefect no issues and anyone with a complaint is some special instances, 1 in a million.
MCC to the xbone is Driveclub to the PS4 in that kind of damage control.

Pez

I can't wait to buy Halo 5:Guardians.

Used.

Only an idiot would trust this brand as a day 1 purchase at this point. I'm going to save myself the nerd stress (and money) and buy this second hand so at least I won't feel duped when something goes wrong during the launch.

I can't wait to buy Halo 5:Guardians.

Used.

Only an idiot would trust this brand as a day 1 purchase at this point. I'm going to save myself the nerd stress (and money) and buy this second hand so at least I won't feel duped when something goes wrong during the launch.

are you calling people who buy it for story reasons idiots??

Top Bottom