• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:MCC HCS Cup cancelled because of joinability issues..

Yet... the game works for me and my friends the majority of the time. Yet most the posts in this thread are acting like the game is straight up broken.

And people hoping/expecting Halo 5 will be similarly broken are being ignorant.

People buy into narratives, sometimes even when it doesn't match the truth. Microsoft royally fucked up by rushing the one out of the door, this much is true, but the ones trying to peddle a story saying the game is broken and doesn't work are just lying and hiding behind groupthink at this stage. I have a couple buddies with the game who I talk to regularly who all agree that the game is fixed for all intents and purposes at this stage.

I still don't understand how a company can mismanage their biggest franchise like this, like how the fuck do you allow this to happen? It's a cruel joke and all those involved should feel ashamed. Sadly, I don't think many of them care though, they got our money already.

People buy into narratives, sometimes even when it doesn't match the truth. Microsoft royally fucked up by rushing the one out of the door, this much is true, but the ones trying to peddle a story saying the game is broken and doesn't work are just lying and hiding behind groupthink at this stage. I have a couple buddies with the game who I talk to regularly who all agree that the game is fixed for all intents and purposes at this stage.
Game still regularly crashes after map selection
-Fixed-
Ok, were just imagining these problems then.

GnawtyDog

Banned
343 are crooks. Snake oil salesman.

And I spent 500$ on trust.

Exactly as you remembered it my balls.

343 released a working product in Halo 4 and will most likely going by the H5 Beta, release H5 in an acceptable, working state.

I don't understand why some just refrain from pointing the fingers at the real culprits that rushed this game out the door in the holidays to cash in on their big promotion - Microsoft. MS screwed people over, not 343i - whom are fine taking the blame...

Demon Ice

Banned
You don't have to wonder, check the OT thread before the release when the reviews came up it was calls that 343i were God tier developers and no mention or anything they outsourced the game. Check back once the problems began surfacing and how 343i were blameless because they outsourced the game and wanting to not drag their name through the mud.

Figures.

Ah well. This debacle has already robbed MS of so many potential XB1 sales. Including me.

Yes, the plethora of lists containing documented bugs and stability issues are clearly an example of groupthink. I never really thought about it like that before.

It has been such a long time, I completely forgot about the advanced level computer science course where you learn that all bugs are ultimately just a delusion in the end-user's mind.

I've been playing and enjoying the Master Chief Collection in spite of its obvious and frustrating issues.

I don't play in groups or parties so there are probably a lot of issues I'm avoiding (except for betrayals and quitting which comes from trying to play with random people).

I stand by what I've said all along, if Master Chief Collection isn't fixed properly I wont be buying Halo 5.

I feel so sorry for the devs. No one wants to release a broken game and the scope of this project seems like it is just too much. Sometimes you can't just fix something by throwing more people at it, software doesn't work that way.

After reading this thread I jumped online and played 2 Team Slayer games.
The first, the other team dropped out and it was 4vs1 - not 343's fault.
The second, someone on my team kept peppering all of us with fire to make us easier for the enemy to kill without actually betraying us. Not 343's fault.
Then the game crashed back to the Xbox One dashboard while viewing the summary screen - 343's fault.

I'll keep playing on and off, I'll enjoy ODST when it arrives as I finished the 4 campaigns on Legendary. I have gotten so much enjoyment out of this collection when it works properly. Which just makes it more frustrating when it doesn't work. And until it does, there are plenty of games which aren't Halo to be played in October.

Yes because them cancelling the HCS because of joinability issues is a "narrative"

TomShoe

Banned

Anecdotal evidence alert. Just because the game works for your friends doesn't mean it works for everyone else. If many other people are reporting similar problems, there has to be an issue somewhere.

Cru

Anecdotal evidence alert. Just because the game works for your friends doesn't mean it works for everyone else. If many other people are reporting similar problems, there has to be an issue somewhere.

Has it been working for you?

Exactly. Even the devs and MS are succumbing to the groupthink surrounding this game to the point where they're canceling a major tournament. What fools.

And I find it hilarious that people are downplaying this (it's just one tournament, I haven't had issues, etc.)

Has it been working for you?

423.gif

Head.spawn

This being cancelled and for that reason... this far after launch because the game still isn't stable enough to be played (mind blowing) ranks in the top portion of the most embarrassing shit shows in videogame history. I've read this sentence back to myself a few times and I'm pretty sure it's not hyperbole when you consider the status the franchise has.

Wow.

Lol people in this thread arguing that the game is fixed and that anyone who disagrees are groupthink sheep

...even though the topic of the thread is the HCS cup actually being cancelled because of game issues.

Alucrid

Banned
wait, so why doesn't 343 have a hand in the mcc? even though the ports were done by other developers, wasn't 343 in charge of the ui and online infrastructure?

Head.spawn

Lol people in this thread arguing that the game is fixed and that anyone who disagrees are groupthink sheep

...even though the topic of the thread is the HCS cup actually being cancelled because of game issues.

I actually have a smooth experience myself, after the last big patch. But it's completely fingers I the ears, yelling, "La, La, LAAA!" to pretend it's not happening to others. I honestly didn't think it was to this degree myself, but apparently they have no faith in their product being functional enough to play it in a live setting. That's the only measuring stick you need to assess this situation.

Armaros

Yes, the plethora of lists containing documented bugs and stability issues are clearly an example of groupthink. I never really thought about it like that before.

It has been such a long time, I completely forgot about the advanced level computer science course where you learn that all bugs are ultimately just a delusion in the end-user's mind.

It's not like an official online torunament just got canceled because of those issues.

Nope, pure delusion.

We don't know if the torunament was a figment of our imagination or not /s

the game works - certainly better than it did at launch

but it ain't fixed if it still has problems, especially ones that can cause event cancellations.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Hyperbole in this thread is real. I am frustrated like every fan. But the game is in working state since last few updates. People seriously forgetting that this the greatest and most ambitious collection we have ever had. Making 15-10 year old games with same netcodes and making them work on new system. God knows how much xbox live has changed over the year. But if you think about it, this was a huge ass project.

No doubt the game was rushed, but god damn Thank you microsoft for making this in the first place. Easily my most played game on Xbox One. And and I am not even done yet.

Hyperbole in this thread is real. I am frustrated like every fan. But the game is in working state since last few updates. People seriously forgetting that this the greatest and most ambitious collection we have ever had. Making 15-10 year old games with same netcodes and making them work on new system. God knows how much xbox live has changed over the year. But if you think about it, this was a huge ass project.

No doubt the game was rushed, but god damn Thank you microsoft for making this in the first place. Easily my most played game on Xbox One. And and I am not even done yet.
This post is ridiculous. If the game was working as advertised this thread wouldn't exist.

And ambition is only good if you can deliver.

Free* ODST will rectify this.

*Void if purchased a month after launch, even though there are still huge problems causing us to cancel this tournament.

Seriously though, this is really sad. You would think these problems would be top priority to fix ESPECIALLY as they affect tournaments and Microsoft is doing that whole eSport push now.

Execution is everything. People didn't give 343 $60 to thank them for being ambitious. They paid for what they thought was a working game.

Just to note, this is only an online cup, one of something like 10 or so.

Not that it excuses the MCC being broken but it's not that major in terms of HCS.

A couple extra notes to put this into perspective:

1) The march patch made joining/inviting and parties in general a much better experience. It was a very solid and working experience.

2) The April patch added ranks, which work!, BUT, the changes to parties/inviting has been made worse.

3) Hopefully a reversion of the April patch/party/inviting fixes can be done to make it like the March patch again.

4) First online cup cancelled due to issues. This is 1 online cup (I believe they're 10 total online cups + 3 big LAN events per HCS season).

I'm amazed you two still defend this horseshit

neemmss

Wow. Worst current gen release.

Arent 343 the studio which made twisted metal 3 and basically ruin it?

What the heck? Twisted Metal 1-3 were the best ones. Twisted Metal 4 was ruined.

At least that's the way I see it. I thought 3 brought new life into the series, with 2 still being the best, but 4 just didn't do it for me the same.

Top Bottom