• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:MCC HCS Cup cancelled because of joinability issues..

Outrun

Hyperbole in this thread is real. I am frustrated like every fan. But the game is in working state since last few updates. People seriously forgetting that this the greatest and most ambitious collection we have ever had. Making 15-10 year old games with same netcodes and making them work on new system. God knows how much xbox live has changed over the year. But if you think about it, this was a huge ass project.

No doubt the game was rushed, but god damn Thank you microsoft for making this in the first place. Easily my most played game on Xbox One. And and I am not even done yet.

I have to agree. I am not negating or dismissing that the game still has bugs. But the game is playable and massively improved from the sorry state that it was in during November.

Once again, it is not perfect. But it is generally enjoyable and playable. To those that are having a horrid time, I truly feel for you.

JaggedSac

I'm amazed you two still defend this horseshit

I've been playing the hell out of the MCC in April. Well, it is a lot given the fact that I am now married and work full time. Around 50 matches or so and all partied up with at least 1 other person. Not many issues for us now. And the dedicated servers for chat have actually been nice since two of the guys I play with have always had NAT issues. It even says in the party menu right when they join up that certain members will have trouble chatting because of NAT and then it resolves. I am assuming this is because we were all eventually placed on one of the dedies. Back to MCC, it has been great fun.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...chief-collection/xbox-one/game-history?page=1

Head.spawn

Hyperbole in this thread is real. I am frustrated like every fan. But the game is in working state since last few updates. People seriously forgetting that this the greatest and most ambitious collection we have ever had. Making 15-10 year old games with same netcodes and making them work on new system. God knows how much xbox live has changed over the year. But if you think about it, this was a huge ass project.

No doubt the game was rushed, but god damn Thank you microsoft for making this in the first place. Easily my most played game on Xbox One. And and I am not even done yet.

That ambition bought them the benefit of the doubt for a while for me... but this is almost 6 months later.

How long does the, "it was rushed"-mantra last?

Completely different companies responsible.

Except that MS owns both IPs and makes the decisions what does or does not get made with IPs they own.

So no, NOT completely different companies responsible, just different companies doing the actual gruntwork making the games. The decisions are still made on MS's end.

I've been playing the hell out of the MCC in April. Well, it is a lot given the fact that I am now married and work full time. Around 50 matches or so and all partied up with at least 1 other person. Not many issues for us now. And the dedicated servers for chat have actually been nice since two of the guys I play with have always had NAT issues. It even says in the party menu right when they join up that certain members will have trouble chatting because of NAT and then it resolves. I am assuming this is because we were all placed on one of the dedies. Back to MCC, it has been great fun.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...chief-collection/xbox-one/game-history?page=1
Well done for sticking with it, glad you're enjoying it, some fantastic games in the collection. I gave up and got a refund a few weeks back.

343 don't deserve my money for this game. If MS do a decent discount when the game actually works 100% I may be willing to spend around 10 on this game.

What a disaster

although I agree this game has been a massive disappointment I couldn't disagree more about the halo 5 complaints. I loved every second of the beta and welcome all of the changes they made

Give 343 a chance, they are trying their hardest to fix the game. Gamer entitlement really through the roof these days

Um.... you're kidding right? I mean, am I at late-night at the improv or something? That's gotta be a joke.

Calling it gamer entitlement when people are angry about a disaster of a release that's still a disaster nearly 6 months later, with blatant lies about what would be in the finished product (dedicated servers among said lies), is just.... I mean.

Yeah you're joking. No way that's a serious post.

Sydle

This is cringe-worthy.

I'm finally at a point of getting over it and actually feel sorry for 343, because I'm sure they're trying their hardest to clean this up and getting as frustrated about it as we have been.

Hopefully they've made some tweaks to the team that did all the networking and we won't have to experience anything like this in H5.

Jigorath

Banned

Are you... thanking a billion dollar corporation for rushing out a broken game to capitalize on the holiday season?

Minions

Too bad. Just reinforces how half baked games have been this gen. Microsoft has been trying really hard to fix MCC... it seems that is all for naught.

And yet Halo 5 will sell really well. Damn you, 343.

104294-he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-SGL1.gif

Monocle

Wow, this whole situation is fascinating. I would seriously read a book that gives a fly-on-the-wall perspective of 343 during the MCC's development and especially after launch, where they had to deal with all these issues.

crazyprac

Games need to stop being rushed and get it done right in the first place. This and drive club wouldve probably be fantastic if they delivered day 1. This is one of the reasons I wait on games now for goty editions or whenever they're on sale and fixed... So should buy them soon! Lol!

Aww bitch bitch bitch tournament cancelled, I guess they need to hurry up and port Reach to make it up to us!

Irritating as sin when you try to relive the good old days and you can't even join your friends party for some H2A Slayer.

I can't believe this is even a post in this thread, I mean come on

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Holy shit. Do you need some knee pads with this post?

Driveclub has been working for months now. People just want the free version

Oh that is the only issue now? Yeah Oranges to Apples then.

So... I tried to play with my father in some halo 2 anniversary coop...

6 months later we still can't join the game or it fails to load the level. Open NATS and in the same freaking house this weekend.

Not even slightly excited for ODST. I have a terrible feeling it will make the game package even more buggy.

VariantX

The issues with multiplayer didn't become apparent until after release.

After release is probably the time that you should do your reviews for mutiplayer because thats the enviroment everyone else has to play in. Playing the game before the majority of people have it means you'll never run into problems related to servers being stressed and other matchmaking issues.

nib95

Banned
The issues with multiplayer didn't become apparent until after release.

But a few of the outlets held their reviews back until they could test the multiplayer post release, and then proceeded to give the game a high score anyway, irrespective of the campaign and multiplayer issues. Case in point Ryan McCaffrey's IGN review in which he still gave the game a 9.0….

Mozz-eyes

Banned
The single player works alright, doesn't it?

I think this will be one that I pick up 3 or so years down the line when the console price drops.

Jomjom

Banned
Has anyone considered that maybe the tourney runners are just being overly cautious and conservative? Multitudes of people here on GAF have stated after the last couple of patches that the game is basically like 99% fixed.

What a travesty that was. Honestly feel Bethesda got off way, way too lightly for that monstrosity.
I still managed to finish that. Only time Ps3 Skyrim became unplayable for me was during the DLC. I'm not defending it though, it was a terrible port.

Has anyone considered that maybe the tourney runners are just being overly cautious and conservative? Multitudes of people here on GAF have stated after the last couple of patches that the game is basically like 99% fixed.
And as is evident in this thread there's plenty of people still having major issues. I'm sure they're erring on the side of caution here, but it's still indicative of how unreliable it could potentially be.

Jomjom

Banned
Nah bro don't work like that...

Well they said they are just investigating the "joinability" (this is not even close to a word) issue. I'm going to trust a bunch of GAF users who actually play on a daily basis than someone who is just investigating after getting complaints.

I mean why do alleged joinability problems bring an entire tournament to a halt anyway? Cant you just keep trying until you join? So some matches take a bit longee to get started, so what?!?

Dryk

Wow, this whole situation is fascinating. I would seriously read a book that gives a fly-on-the-wall perspective of 343 during the MCC's development and especially after launch, where they had to deal with all these issues.
I mean a lot of it was farmed out, and 343's name was still slapped on it front and centre. They probably had little say on either of those things. It would be really interested to see the moment they realised. Not that Microsoft flushing their reputation really matters considering the studio's nature as an artificial Halo-making machine.

Me too :(

CANT WAIT for Halo5 MP.... and ive never cared for Halo MP

That post says a lot more than you probably realize. Not about you mind you, not a personal attack. Just saying. You never liked Halo MP but now you do? Yeah, it's because it isn't Halo MP anymore, or doesn't feel like it at any rate (since it's *technically* Halo MP of course).

Top Bottom