• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Booshka

This random 2v2 I stumbled on browsing Youtube is legit.

Watch

Some really cool nade tricks and camo navigation by Ogre 2 on bottom screen, Puckett is super solid as well. Bit of a stomp, but very entertaining one.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This random 2v2 I stumbled on browsing Youtube is legit.

Watch

Some really cool nade tricks and camo navigation by Ogre 2 on bottom screen, Puckett is super solid as well. Bit of a stomp, but very entertaining one.
I just watched the whole thing from Ogre 2's perspective. So good. I've barely played Halo CE multiplayer, but I think with enough time it could become my favorite. I love the sandbox, I love the pistol, I love being able to grenade weapons and power-ups around. High level CE play has such a beautiful cadence to it. I can't wait to get into it.

Booshka

I just watched the whole thing from Ogre 2's perspective. So good. I've barely played Halo CE multiplayer, but I think with enough time it could become my favorite. I love the sandbox, I love the pistol, I love being able to grenade weapons and power-ups around. High level CE play has such a beautiful cadence to it. I can't wait to get into it.

Watch more of that Winter WonderLAN footage from 2010, it's marvelous.

Oh and my fav Halo CE montage "Image of the Invisible" by Jeenyus

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Strongside gets hired.

Everybody looks at the clock behind him.
There's only one way to waylay all the speculation. Delete the tweet and lock his account. Trust me, I'm a pubic relations genius.

TheOddOne

There's only one way to waylay all the speculation. Delete the tweet and lock his account. Trust me, I'm a pubic relations genius.
:lol

This is a picture Tashi getting a face full of pie, because why not. #Toshi

B0sUPXNCMAAzcKy.jpg:large

jem0208

1000px-H3_MP_Assembly_ENV-02-1-.jpg

Assembly from Halo 3 is set in a Covenant Scarab production facility.
Oh yeah.

I was thinking more along the lines of exterior architecture though. I'm really curious as to what a covenant city would look like that wasn't High Charity.

I'm just thinking that it would be awesome to have a mission exploring some covenant slums. Similar to Outskirts or Metropolis. Give a new side to the Covenant.

Oh wow, this was the post that put on the top of the wall of shame.

#shame

#extrashame considering I was banned for the first week of the OT...

From the LAN/Customs thread (which seems dead and may or may not see new life after release)

Upcoming customs lobbies sessions date/times (PM organizer to join session):

Session 1: Friday, November 14th, 2014 Start time: 11pm US Central time
-----Organizer gamertag: LifeExpectancy
-----Maps/modes: Halo2 4v4 CTF and Deathmatch, Halo 3 8v8 objective/deathmatch variants, possibly some Shaolin Rockets (custom gametype), we'll try to balance the skill levels on the teams so it isn't overly one-sided and generally have fun
-----Participants: LifeExpectancy, ForsakenKidx

So far only two of us for this Friday Night Fights customs night the Fri after launch. Hopefully we can get some more interest.

Halo 4 looks incredible in the MCC. I hope there won't be a quality dive in terms of split screen again. I remember that Halo 4 looked very bad when played local.

I hope the clock is wrong and Halo 5 will be released in September. That would be nice.

jem0208

Halo 4 looks incredible in the MCC. I hope there won't be a quality dive in terms of split screen again. I remember that Halo 4 looked very bad when played local.

I hope the clock is wrong and the MCC will be released in September. That would be nice.
I'm assuming you mean Halo 5?

I'm not sure, I think November is most likely. That's when pretty much all the other Halos have released.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Good enough for me, Twitch will probably mute the video anyway cuz of their music licensing bullshit.

Snarky Puppy-We Like it Here is the artist and album if you are interested.
Thanks, you made the game look fun too for what it's worth.

Lars doesn't even play video games.
But... but... I unlocked 8 achievements in the last few weeks... ='(

Lan and customs thread -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=837983

Probably created it too early. It basically got forgotten/ignored.

Warning: The LAN pic may incite dangerous levels of nostalgia.
Isn't it logical that you created it too early. You opened a thread to ask people organising or participating in lan parties for a game which comes out this November in June.

Isn't it logical that you created it too early. You opened a thread to ask people organising or participating in lan parties for a game which comes out this November in June.

I checked with a mod prior to creating it.

The idea was to get our friends lists populated BEFORE the game releases so that we would already have people ready to go at the 11th hour to get customs lobbies going the days after launch.

We've got a goood number of gamertags in the OP there already, but given the number of participants in this thread we sure could have a lot more.

I checked with a mod prior to creating it.

The idea was to get our friends lists populated BEFORE the game releases so that we would already have people ready to go at the 11th hour to get customs lobbies going the days after launch.

We've got a goood number of gamertags in the OP there already, but given the number of participants in this thread we sure could have a lot more.
There was a reason why official threads for games had been opened up 7 days before release. It did the same thing: finding people who will get the game on release, sharing excitement with each other. A shame that it is now gone.

jem0208

Someone pimp my avatar pls

This is a very quick attempt at something.

Not entirely sure it works but if here it is if you want it...

vj2g9pC.png

Here's a slightly different version...

587UO8N.png

It's meant to be the chief reflected in his eyes btw.

I should be working so I don't really have enough time to make it look really good... :/

jem0208

Continuing on with my food analogy from a few pages back.

This is what the entire Halo series plated up looks like:

udacLp3.jpg

(I'll stop with the food analogies, this just looked so good...)

Top Bottom