• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

iMax

6rlx02B.png

willow ve

I just watched the whole thing from Ogre 2's perspective. So good. I've barely played Halo CE multiplayer, but I think with enough time it could become my favorite. I love the sandbox, I love the pistol, I love being able to grenade weapons and power-ups around. High level CE play has such a beautiful cadence to it. I can't wait to get into it.

The 2gre is GOAT.

Ok NDA info: Content update isn't out yet so no MP until that's installed.
Oct. 29 at 9 a.m. PT / 4 p.m GMT / 5 p.m. CET, livestream of solo campaign, one level per game
Nov. 7 at 12:01 a.m. PT / 08:01 a.m. GMT / 09:01 CET final review
Multiplayer embargo info follows later when content update goes live
So this confirms that multiplayer is not in fact on the disc.

maximrace

Not installed yet, so can't check but the nda says Multiplayer is on it and you'll able to play it but it still has a few bugs until the update is out

Not installed yet, so can't check but the nda says Multiplayer is on it and you'll able to play it but it still has a few bugs until the update is out
Thanks for clarifying.

This is stuff that is important to know. After the NDA is lifted, I wish we could get a list of all those pre-patch MP bugs.

iMax

Just got round to watching the Nightfall trailer.

A survival-horror Halo game, in the vein of Alien, could be so, so great.

Combat Evolved 2 already came out, it's called Shadowrun

This match gets really fun to watch about 8 mins in if you are too cool to watch the whole thing.

It's too bad about that game. I had so much fun with it and it didn't get much praise or a following.

edit: Nice music choice. snarky puppy's are pretty sweet.

Sephzilla

Just got round to watching the Nightfall trailer.

A survival-horror Halo game, in the vein of Alien, could be so, so great.

Wasn't that kind of what the 343 Guilty Spark level was meant to be? Granted that was more Aliens than Alien.

By the way - in terms of atmosphere 343 Guilty Spark is probably the best moment in Halo

iMax

yes, or playing as a rookie, something like forward unto dawn where the elites are scary shit aka alien isolation.

I'd say Halo 3: ODST certainly had elements of that—but it needs something more.

Something like a game set on the Forward Unto Dawn whilst it's drifting through space, before the events of Halo 4. Playing as an engineer on the bottom deck trying to find survivors. I'd dig that.

I'm all for more experimental games set within the Halo universe—not necessarily just iterative sequels.

iMax

Wasn't that kind of what the 343 Guilty Spark level was meant to be? Granted that was more Aliens than Alien.

By the way - in terms of atmosphere 343 Guilty Spark is probably the best moment in Halo

Exactly. It lacked the intimacy I'm looking for.

Impala26

True, but if we're going straight up scariest, shit-your-pants Halo moment...

Cloaked Flood Elite in the Pillar of Autumn Armory on CE anyone?

I was confused by several of you being excited about his initial answer. It looked like a non-answer to me.

Frankie is gonna get himself into trouble if he keeps that up on the internetz

Top Bottom