• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylej

Banned
HBO is an even more insular, bizarre Halo community than HaloGAF. If the layout wasn't so atrocious I'd like to read it for the tears.

I hope 343 just removes vanilla Reach altogether.

Vanilla Reach being so bad is what warranted the need for a title update in the first place! Get rid of it.

When do you ever have software where parts of it are 1.0 and other parts are some later, better build?

Cry your tears Hired, but just embrace this change with the rest of us. I embraced bloom and enjoyed it. Now I've embraced this new and improved blend. You can too.

We can all do this together. Everyone hold hands!

Vanilla Reach being so bad is what warranted the need for a title update in the first place! Get rid of it.

When do you ever have software where parts of it are 1.0 and other parts are some later, better build?

Cry your tears Hired, but just embrace this change with the rest of us. I embraced bloom and enjoyed it. Now I've embraced this new and improved blend. You can too.

Best Hydranockz post.

I will not. The way shields work in default Reach reads beautifully. I will never forget it.

Trey

An interesting crossroad has been reached in the Halo community's legacy. I've never seen the fanbase so divided. Tread cunningly, 343.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HBO Forum February Reach Update Meltdown Quotes

Bear in mind these quotes aren't representative of HBO or their forums or even a majority of replies to the news. There's some interesting discussions going on over there about it. But, like Waypoint and Bungie.net, sometimes folks get a little bit carried away.

We need more extreme reactions here guys, you all suck being level headed and all. Except two you. You know who you are!

If Team Slayer becomes TU-enabled, then I'm done with Reach. In fact, I might not even buy Halo 4 out of spite, not new anyway (buying used means 343i doesn't get my money). In any case, I don't see myself renewing my XBL subscription when it expires this coming fall.

pete the duck needs to hurry up and finish this Forge contest so I can trade this piece of shit in already.

I'm just going to have to fester for awhile. Like a boil. A really huge ugly smelly boil.

What 343i is doing is an under handed joke. Team Slayer is Vanilla and is the second most popular playlist and its popularity was stable. Why is a vote needed?

It's one big stupid ass joke.

But the bleedthrough, and how this whole thing is handled, and just 343i's demeanor compared to Bungie's is too much.

I guess I'm just done with Reach, and maybe Halo.

TU is blunder of the century.

With this newest update, my interest has officially jumped of a cliff. I just... Don't care anymore. "Go vote for TU or Vanilla in Team Slayer!" You know, I would. I really, honest to god would. After this new update, that's literally the only thing I care to play anymore. But you know what? That's also the PROBLEM. I simply CANNOT muster up enough care to go play one stinking playlist just to keep it Vanilla. Just make the damn thing TU. If that's the only thing left that's Vanilla, I don't want to play anyway.

Matchmaking is no longer worth my time

If that's the ONLY playlist that's going to remain NORMAL, I don't want to play ANYWAY. There's nothing here to be happy about.

What. THE F*CK.
Is everyone at 343 a moron or something?

Halo Reach: 9/14/10 - 4/1/12, RIP

If they're expecting the community to have any faith in them after dropping features like this, they're sadly mistaken. There's a difference between not handling a transition perfectly and just transitioning terribly.

Why learn on Bungie's baby?

Using Reach as a testing ground seems like a slap in the face to the fans.

Bungie's last Halo game will forever be mangled by a TU that fixed nothing, and cause problems.

Matchmaking and multiplayer, on the other hand, we pay for. They're fucking up what I payed for.

Used to like Halo: Reach, then took a TU in the heart.

343i has officially ruined Halo...

mistertroll.jpg

Bear in mind these quotes aren't representative of HBO or their forums or even a majority of replies to the news. There's some interesting discussions going on over there about it. But, like Waypoint and Bungie.net, sometimes folks get a little bit carried away.

We need more extreme reactions here guys, you all suck being level headed and all. Except two you. You know who you are!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/petetheduck/mistertroll.jpg[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5WTRm.gif

Hey You

Well I do dislike that all the playlists are going TU. Sometimes I want to play Reach the way the creators intended.

I like the TU, but I want to be able to choose.

GhaleonEB

mistertroll.jpg

My daughter's white board right now:

IMG_6425.jpg

It's used for Nerf practice.

Trey

Those people ate crazy

I can't speak for all the others, but I'm certifiably not crazy. Certainly there were some things that needed to be weeded out with extreme discipline, and other tweaks too. But 343 is changing the core gameplay of the majority of the game people have enjoyed for the last year plus, to make it some facsimile of Reach's predecessors. Also, at the same time, great features which the community has enjoyed are said to be discontinued.

Of course people would be upset.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I broke through writers block! Now I have my song

Tashi's MLG MadCatz Controller song said:
MLG
Could you please help me?
I really suck at Halo

No matter what I do
It's sad but true
My K/D is way low

With the help of MadCatz
I hope to boost my stats
and go Pro if I dare

Then you'll see me
I'll be on TV
Just like TSquared. Like Tsquared. Like Tttttttttttttttttttttttttt- Squaaaaared

Chord progression is C-Am-G-F

Gonna record it all tomorrow with Acoustic guitar, bass and I might get on the keys too. Let's hope that Rockband Mic is somewhat decent lol

edit: Fixed the lyrics for better flow a little.

FyreWulff

I sent the guy running the CC a PM, but I'm figuring out if the new Actionsack gametype is based off Vanilla or TU. Already got a gametype planned around it. It's actually pretty close to the mode in Halo 1 where you'd run slower for more kills.

I broke through writers block! Now I have my song

Chord progression is C-Am-G-F

Gonna record it all tomorrow with Acoustic guitar, bass and I might get on the keys too. Let's hope that Rockband Mic is somewhat decent lol

It's pretty good, it can pick up people talking normally across a room. You might want to put a pop filter in front of it though (stocking + clothes hanger)

Ramirez

Did we have people like Noobs defending Halo 2 before it got patched? As someone pointed out, if you're going to apply a TU, just do it game wide, or not at all. I follow this place like crazy and still sometimes shake my head when I get into a game because I don't know exactly what I'm playing.

Trey

Did we have people like Noobs defending Halo 2 before it got patched? As someone pointed out, if you're going to apply a TU, just do it game wide, or not at all. I follow this place like crazy and still sometimes shake my head when I get into a game because I don't know exactly what I'm playing.

Just make it playlist-wide.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's pretty good, it can pick up people talking normally across a room. You might want to put a pop filter in front of it though (stocking + clothes hanger)

I was planning on using it for my instruments and my PC 350's to sing into. I'll test out a bunch of scenarios and see what sounds best. Ugh, I wish I could sing well. It would be 100X more awesome.

FyreWulff

Sounds like a job for

5CMS3.png
-MAN

You know, like a UI superhero.

dave candland, get on it

I always loved how every map with a Warthog on it in Halo 2 had to have the warthog in the map picture.

Also pre-AU 1.2 jumping through the porter on Relic before it was open.

Ramirez

You said game-wide. I thought you meant all of Reach.

I do mean all of Reach. The only thing I think that should be different is stuff like MLG and Anny for obvious reasons. The core game that shipped back when Reach came out should be the same in every playlist. Most people probably don't even know what TU stands for, c'mon.

http://i.imgur.com/sGzsH.jpg[IMG]

Yikes. Not sleeping tonight, knowing there are Flood infection forms swimming around New Zealand.

([URL="http://gizmodo.com/5881882/researchers-pull-enormous-amphipod-from-the-depths-of-new-zealands-deep-seas"]Source[/URL].)[/QUOTE]

Please, get a gigantic platter and some cocktail sauce and you're good to go.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Anyone know the cap for an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription? So far I'm good until November or December 2013, but I snagged another one year subscription from Amazon a few days ago when it was on sale for $35. I'm just curious if I can add it on there or if my subscription is capped for now?

Anyone know the cap for an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription? So far I'm good until November or December 2013, but I snagged another one year subscription from Amazon a few days ago when it was on sale for $35. I'm just curious if I can add it on there or if my subscription is capped for now?
I think you can stack 3 cards max.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

The problem, as you can see from this thread, is that you can't make everyone completely happy. So what we are tasked with doing is making most people mostly happy. There are no plans to kill vanilla Reach and no plans to put TU in everything. And even stuff like bleed through is still being played with.

Whoa, careful there. Everyone knows Nintendo is going to take over online multiplayer once the Wii U comes out. I wouldn't bank on Xbox Live surviving beyond 2013.

:p

The problem, as you can see from this thread, is that you can't make everyone completely happy. So what we are tasked with doing is making most people mostly happy. There are no plans to kill vanilla Reach and no plans to put TU in everything. And even stuff like bleed through is still being played with.

inb4 Fyre asks if bleedthrough can be separated from zero bloom again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom