• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know.. didn't Dani wait like 7.4 years to get his changed? I feel like by the time it finally happened, it would've lost it's luster.

Then again, it may make it that much better. What do you think? Should I fucking go for it brahs?

Do it, I just requested a change as well.

Karl2177

Yeah I know.. didn't Dani wait like 7.4 years to get his changed? I feel like by the time it finally happened, it would've lost it's luster.

Then again, it may make it that much better. What do you think? Should I fucking go for it brahs?

I know you on bnet and here as Homeboy
d
. I say ehhhhh.

Serious question, is there a way to implement some sort of social group function in Halo 4? It's obvious the friend list won't be expanded but is there a way to integrate a group within a game so that you can get in game, see all those in a group and play with those people.

I find it incredibly stupid that MS focuses on twitter/fb integration but doesn't do more to expand playing with others on their own damn console.

Serious question, is there a way to implement some sort of social group function in Halo 4? It's obvious the friend list won't be expanded but is there a way to integrate a group within a game so that you can get in game, see all those in a group and play with those people.

I find it incredibly stupid that MS focuses on twitter/fb integration but doesn't do more to expand playing with others on their own damn console.

Id imagine if 343 could integrate some form of integrated link up with the website you could have a social group on the website and have it accessible in Halo 4. I think MW3 does something similar to this with the "Clans"

Id say its more than possible but unlikely because of all the work required. Halo 5 maybe?

You mean the one where they designed such a poor base that they had to put the flag in the middle of nowhere so people could score? The same base that is now completely untouched in any game played on it? Yeah, that sounds great.

Countdown has potential, but they really needed to color code the sides in addition to the coding they did to the vertical levels. Also, lifts that enter into tiny rooms are always awful ideas. Never forget Construct.

neutral bomb on arena zealot, best combination on the disc

also, i like powerhouse

Lol yep.

Bungie's one flag settings aren't very good though, and I don't think that was ever the strength of the map.

3 Plots, King, and TS are the gametypes for Powerhouse.

Striker

KotH on Powerhouse was fun in the beta. Haven't seen shit of that in Team Objective. Only stuff I've seen spanning across that playlist in Powerhouse over its tenure so far has been 1-flag, Flag Pro, Headhunter, and Stockpile. No Assault, no 3 Plots, and no KotH.

I'd be down for clans like in mw3

It might not feel like Halo because its the most changed Halo from its previous version. So in our 3 experiences of Halo to next Halo its the largest change. This is why it offended the most people.

maybe that is why i love reach so much is because my only experience in halo multiplayer is halo 3 so i expected and wanted something radically different. I wonder how the change to halo 4 will be for players who reach is there first halo multiplayer

I think I lost 90% of games across Reach and Halo 3 today. I think im well over neg 100 across the two games today. Yet I cant stop playing. WTF!??

wwm0nkey

What is really funny is that Nintendo does this extremely well with communities. Have a Community in Mario Kart 7? Well you keep that community in every other game that supports the feature.

Seriously Microsoft DO THIS ALREADY!

Not funny.
Didn't people demand some teases?(Especially from the Irish side of HaloGAF) I like them. It hyped me for two products: Halo 4 and that the 3rd Forerunner book which will have big connection with/to Halo 4 maybe.

I can see it now.

Sign into Halo 4, load up HaloGAF clan.

Scrolls down list.....

O wait theres just one person on.
I hope I'm on the "biggest Noob on HaloGAF" list.

feel

What is really funny is that Nintendo does this extremely well with communities. Have a Community in Mario Kart 7? Well you keep that community in every other game that supports the feature.

Seriously Microsoft DO THIS ALREADY!

It's a safe bet that they've holding back on introducing a ton of new features related to gaming until they launch their next main version of xbox live with the new console. I'm surprised they released cloud saves this late in the gen, but it's probably because PS+ has it and they didn't want to look inferior to their direct competition in that regard.

can see it now.

Sign into Halo 4, load up HaloGAF clan.

Scrolls down list.....

O wait theres just one person on.
There's still some hope that it won't be another Reach caliber turd that noone wants to play a year into.

wwm0nkey

It's a safe bet that they've holding back on introducing a ton of new features related to gaming until they launch their next main version of xbox live with the new console. I'm surprised they released cloud saves this late in the gen, but it's probably because PS+ has it and they didn't want to look inferior to their direct competition in that regard.

The next xbox (still calling it Infinity) better have something like communities, its the best thing to come out of Nintendo regarding online groups.

MrBig

What was on that screen?
tumblr_kya7fmEO9A1qb0uido1_500.jpg

Yeah the feedback system is worse but I will take all of that if it means I get to keep glorious 85% bloom.
If Frankie and co. are still tweaking then I don't see why we have to accept an inferior feedback system just to get 85% bloom.

Seems to me that bleedthrough really is the big dividing factor on the TU, and the cause of the health pack glitch. A weaker melee without bleedthrough really seems like the best solution to everyone's problems. I still prefer melee bleedthrough to Reach's vanilla system but 2 melee hits to pop a shield without bleedthrough and one to kill an unshielded opponent sounds perfect. No bullshit double melee shenanigans and clear feedback system. FRANKIE LET US TEST THIS PLEASE.

Btw, I'm glad this thread is actually discussing Halo again. For now.

While I agree on disliking OCRemix's general policy of 20% actual game melodies, 80% "ORIGINAL COMPOSITION DO NOT STEAL," I have to say this track would be pretty cool as Halo 4's credit music or something.

or remade into a stupid statement dance mix, a la Crazy Sausage Baby

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Just posted an update to this week's Bulletin. Here's the exact text:

Bulletin Update said:
Since publishing yesterday’s Bulletin, we’ve seen a lot of spirited conversation within the Halo community on a variety of topics. In response to one of those topics, we would like to clarify some of the confusion around the upcoming Team Slayer matchmaking vote.

We want to make it clear there will always be a way for you to experience Halo: Reach multiplayer with the original, non-TU settings in matchmaking. As we move forward, we’re constantly looking at ways to consolidate and update multiplayer. In fact, we’re still looking at ways of refining the Title Update player experience in Reach.

As always, thank you for your passion and honesty, and please continue giving us your feedback. We appreciate it more than you know.

What was on that screen?
tumblr_kya7fmEO9A1qb0uido1_500.jpg

Just chatted with Shishka about this. Here's the response via his password-enabled exile from NeoGAF:

Shishka in Exile said:
It was the orbital platform coming back online during the saber sequence. At that time, there was way more particle effects and such, so space basically lit up when the platform came to life. The final version of the sequence is a lot more muted. There's fewer units as well. Basically what we were watching was the platform chewing up a bunch of seraphs and banshees and he had to actively dodge both enemies and friendly lines of fire.

Just posted an update to this week's Bulletin. Here's the exact text:

Just chatted with Shishka about this. Here's the response via his password-enabled exile from NeoGAF:

"It was the orbital platform coming back online during the saber sequence. At that time, there was way more particle effects and such, so space basically lit up when the platform came to life. The final version of the sequence is a lot more muted. There's fewer units as well. Basically what we were watching was the platform chewing up a bunch of seraphs and banshees and he had to actively dodge both enemies and friendly lines of fire."

Sounds pretty sweet.

Maybe Xand just forgot his password like Shishka.

Wow, I didn't expect an answer after all this time. Awesome stuff, thanks guys. Im sucker for BTS info like this, I would kill to get some real detailed making of documentaries of the Halo franchise.

Fixed for supposed press embargo.

I still think we may get something small this month to build up for the gameplay reveal in early March, but who knows at this point.

The next, next Game Informer cover, not the one revealed the other day, will be Halo 4. Edge is likely having a cover too. I bet. =)
Yup, at least I hope you are right, Im looking forward to see what direction the marketing for Halo 4 goes.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Is that "I bet" for both of 'em?

Yes.

I still think we may get something small this month to build up for the gameplay reveal in early March, but who knows at this point.

The press embargo, if there is one - I think it's likely, is designed to allow all the different competing outlets time to get all the facts together and plan out their presentations. Also means that that smaller outlets aren't competing with IGN for exclusives as the fixed time is an equaliser.

Of course, this doesn't rule out the possibility that one site or outlet might get the world exclusive. Would be sweet if that outlet was Waypoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom