• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Now that I get a job, you guys start playing Halo?!?!?!

XNLBb.gif

Haha the first game we played with David yesterday was a MLG 3v3, I didnt think he would stick around, fair play to him he was doing pretty well. I also have to say that I do really like Over's Sanctuary remake.

Bobs, I don't mean to alarm you but I just re-downloaded the SSX demo again...

http://i.imgur.com/XNLBb.gif/IMG][/QUOTE]

Get SSX you punk!

Bobs, I don't mean to alarm you but I just re-downloaded the SSX demo again...

Thats just a sign of weakness. I wouldn't play it if I was you.

Dont worry, your having more fun at work.

B-but the far superior Mass Effect 3 will be taking up most of my time.

Clearly, you will also buy it because you appreciate good games :D

Aww man I want to get Mass Effect and SSX, wont have time to play one of them properly never mind both. Either way EA is getting a sale.

kylej

Banned
Why haven't we talked about what Kevin Franklin (lead multiplayer designer at 343) will bring to Halo 4? His past work includes lead game designer on SOCOM: Confrontation and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3.

First the Shadowrun guy now a d-tier SOCOM guy. Will the Daikatana team be developing Halo 5?

Gui_PT

That's a filthy lie and you know it Elzar.

Btw, I remember you talking about a decent/cheap headset for the 360 a few months back.
Do you have a link so I can get some information about it please?

That's a filthy lie and you know it Elzar.

Btw, I remember you talking about a decent/cheap headset for the 360 a few months back.
Do you have a link so I can get some information about it please?

X12's, they are amazing value for an amazing headset.

Now go buy it! Tunavi also has them, I think he was very impressed with them.

It just dawned on me that we have never had Firefight against the Flood. That just seems crazy to me. I don't really like them but it could be pretty intense having them jump in, reanimate the covies you just killed and just generally be a nuisance. Three way battles in Firefight could also be interesting. Throw the Forerunner Sentinels in every so often and you would have a pretty interesting warzone.

I have never been interested in horde style modes, but Mass Effect has me all excited for what 343 could do with H4. I dont know how much longevity even the Mass Effect mode has, but it shows that theres a lot of untapped potential for 'fun'.

Thanks! Will I need any extra cables for this?
That's really the only question I have. I have an old old 360 that doesn't even have an hdmi slot =(

You have component? That's even better. The audio inputs of component feed directly into the headset.

Unless your tv has audio out input? If that's the case, you can hook the headphones directly into the tv.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It just dawned on me that we have never had Firefight against the Flood. That just seems crazy to me. I don't really like them but it could be pretty intense having them jump in, reanimate the covies you just killed and just generally be a nuisance. Three way battles in Firefight could also be interesting. Throw the Forerunner Sentinels in every so often and you would have a pretty interesting warzone.

I have never been interested in horde style modes, but Mass Effect has me all excited for what 343 could do with H4. I dont know how much longevity even the Mass Effect mode has, but it shows that theres a lot of untapped potential for 'fun'.

I remember be had this conversation before launch, and we all (most of us) thought the flood coming in at from round to round to reanimate the corpses would be awesome. It really would be cool to see it happen.

First the Shadowrun guy now a d-tier SOCOM guy. Will the Daikatana team be developing Halo 5?

Halo 4 cover shooter confirmed.

Just saw this in the Halo 4 thread:

I hope they FINALLY incorporate a LMG.
I've been waiting for the Halo equivalent of the M249 SAW since Halo 2. :(
Yeah, we got the portable turrets, but you couldn't keep them over extended periods of time. I want a 100+ clip size full auto weapon you can lug around all day. I just love spraying bullets all over the place.
Same goes to the Gears of War dev team. LMG plz.

No.
Those are assault rifles. I'm talking clip size 100+, devastating power and low accuracy.
For clearing rooms full of grunts and flood, and the like.
I love the powerful feeling of the M249 and similar weapons in CoD.
M60 would possibly work better because of the lower fire rate. Goddamn I loved that weapon in CoD4. M60 4 lyfe!

Edit: Yeah, it's not only about function but also about form and sound. I want it to be belt loaded, with extremely powerful sound.
I sort of agree about MP, but I don't really care about new weapons in MP too much. I want it in campaign/firefight.

:|

I hope they FINALLY incorporate a LMG.
I've been waiting for the Halo equivalent of the M249 SAW since Halo 2. :(
Yeah, we got the portable turrets, but you couldn't keep them over extended periods of time. I want a 100+ clip size full auto weapon you can lug around all day. I just love spraying bullets all over the place.
Same goes to the Gears of War dev team. LMG plz.

lol

No but seriously I just don't understand how anyone could think this is good for the Halo sandbox. The sad thing is im pretty sure this is exactly what the average gamer would want Halo to be.

Striker

I'm talking clip size 100+, devastating power and low accuracy

Strong up close, poor anywhere else. As it should be. Not at a massive clip size, jesus.

Would anyone be interested in helping me get the Two Betrayals achievement (not killing any grunts on Heroic)? I'm more than willing to help you get skulls, terminals, achievements, etc. in return

Woorloog

Banned
I'm talking clip size 100+, devastating power and low accuracy

Strong up close, poor anywhere else. As it should be. Not at a massive clip size, jesus.

That's AR... as i noted, there ain't no point in LMG in Halo MP.

Still, in single player or Firefight a LMG would work just fine. In multiplayer, no no no.
Never understood why the weapons and weapon balance have to be the same in Halo's SP and MP.

stephen08

lol

No but seriously I just don't understand how anyone could think this is good for the Halo sandbox. The sad thing is im pretty sure this is exactly what the average gamer would want Halo to be.

Any time I have seen people rag on Halo with their gamertag linked they always have the AR as their most used weapon. It never fails.

I'd probably hate Halo too if I just used the AR.

Striker

That's AR... as i noted, there ain't no point in LMG in Halo MP.

Still, in single player or Firefight a LMG would work just fine. In multiplayer, no no no.
Never understood why the weapons and weapon balance have to be the same in Halo's SP and MP.
That's a Halo CE type AR and not the 3/Reach version, which is too strong for its own good at even mid-range. It should be a close quarters weapon and not devastate at seemingly everywhere in plain sight. It would be less of an issue if the Reach Pistol bloom wasn't so poor.

Any time I have seen people rag on Halo with their gamertag linked they always have the AR as their most used weapon. It never fails.

I'd probably hate Halo too if I just used the AR.

Im glad im not the only one who does that check lol. The thing is though, for players new to the series there's no way to know about which weapons provide different playstyles. The AR is what you see in all the promotional material, its the weapon you start with and so its the weapon you think defines Halo. I know for a fact that I have friends who originally disliked Halo because of the whole AR thing.

Just to clarify, im not saying the AR is a bad thing, or saying no one likes that style of play. Im just saying that for people who dislike that style of play theres no indication that another style of gameplay even exists.

Woorloog

Banned
That's a Halo CE type AR and not the 3/Reach version, which is too strong for its own good at even mid-range. It should be a close quarters weapon and not devastate at seemingly everywhere in plain sight. It would be less of an issue if the Reach Pistol bloom wasn't so poor.

Both Halo 3 and Reach ARs have this little issues they're weak at close range against BR/DMR/other precision weapons in both games as they're capable of headshots, pulling a headshot at close range is not that difficult. Too good at range, too weak at their intented role.

I really hope Halo 4 has settings for each invidual weapon for easy balance tweaking. Or at least that 343i can easily tweak the balance even if we, players, cannot.

Homeboyd

You know we won't stand a chance against Ghaleon.
Yeah I'm sure you're right.. I was mostly kidding. But if someone could come up with a FF gametype with the settings and guidelines for the game... It would be interesting to see who could come up with the highest score/fastest time. Could even issue a custom challenge for it.

:)

Overdoziz

Banned
Fyrewulff, what gametypes do I need to make a clip of for Refuge?

Slayer
CTF
Assault
KotH
Infection (?)
Stockpile
Headhunter

That's about it, right?

CyReN

yZyUD.jpg

Been rocking these since they got released, looking into getting some Astro's next

Astro have coupons that pop up from now and then with buy a $50 gift card get another $50 for free. Be on the lookout if you are looking to save, I love their mixamp just not a big fan on their quality for headphones and the mixamp to controller cord. Amazing customer service though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Astro have coupons that pop up from now and then with buy a $50 gift card get another $50 for free. Be on the lookout if you are looking to save, I love their mixamp just not a big fan on their quality for headphones and the mixamp to controller cord. Amazing customer service though.

Ughhhh not a fan of this either. Love the mixamp though. It ties my entire PC/360 setup so nicely.

Woorloog

Banned
Is it possible to get a kill with the Needler without getting a supercombine?

Yes though it is nigh impossible outside "lab conditions". I think you need 6 (or seven=) needles for supercombine but each impact does a little damage. The lowest damage in the whole game i think...

Homeboyd

Does anyone have the Action Sack gametypes/maps and/or any film from them that we typically run around here?

I'm looking for at least:

- Armor Walkers (I have film, need the gametype/map)
- The stockpile map where warthogs drive down the gauntlet with the enemy team throwing plasmas all along the way trying to stick you/knock you off the road (need film and gametype/map)
- Updated Stealin' Your Flags (I have old film/map/gametype) Was wondering if it had been updated recently
- Jump Rope (Need film and map/gametype)
- Nom Nom (?) The infection map with wraiths (zombies) with no canons that are trying to splatter the ghosts (humans) - Need film and map/gametype

Any others you guys like you've been playing recently? "Cawk Blawkin" is fun too.. I have it's old film/map/gametype.

Please also specify whether they follow infection set ups or FFA, 4v4, etc...

Karl2177

If you screw around with the damage settings yes, and maybe if someone is absolutely one shot I would imagine so. I'm kind of randomly curious about this now.
Yes though it is nigh impossible outside "lab conditions". I think you need 6 (or seven=) needles for supercombine but each impact does a little damage. The lowest damage in the whole game i think...

I could probably say with 99% confidence that a Needler kill will result in a super-combine, statistically speaking. Applying that to what we know about the Needle Rifle as well, there's a very slim, but entirely possible chance that the Needle Rifle can kill without a headshot or super-combine. In theory then if I did the following, I could somewhat figure out your Needle Rifle headshot rate:

Code:
Super_combine_medals - Needler_kills = Needle_rifle_super_combines
needle_rifle_kills - needle_rifle_super_combines = needle_rifle_headshots
needle_rifle_headshots / needle_rifle_super_combines = needle_rifle_headshot_rate ± .01%

I guess that .01% is pretty negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom