• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Sp someone posted an idea about some kind of HaloGAF leaderboaeds where you could easilly compare stats and things like that, adding specific rewards and medals would be really cool imo so I decided to make some templates in case the idea fully develops in the future.

There're 37 different medals for now, I'm also working on some weapon specific plates but they're not done yet. You can see them all bellow or following this link.

Medallas.jpg

And a bigger view here:
medalla4.jpg

I was giving percentages on headshot stats and I'm working on K:D:A, W:L, and time played. It's somewhat a pain to get all of these at the moment, but I'm still for the idea. I don't know how medals would work with a leaderboard, but I like the outlines you have there. I'm gonna recommend using something other than photobucket, as they like to set max sizes on images unless you're a pro user.

Ramirez

I was giving percentages on headshot stats and I'm working on K:D:A, W:L, and time played. It's somewhat a pain to get all of these at the moment, but I'm still for the idea. I don't know how medals would work with a leaderboard, but I like the outlines you have there. I'm gonna recommend using something other than photobucket, as they like to set max sizes on images unless you're a pro user.

Did you ever post the full stats on sniper headshots and such, last time I read you were at the Ms.

Playing a game like Bulletstorm which was highly praised on Gaf but has poor gunplay makes you appreciate Halo even more. No FPS can touch Halo's gunplay IMO.

We should shoot some real life stuff and edit it in the middle. Then it won't be entertaining anymore.
Heh, no. No no no.

(But if we want to shoot some stuff at PAX East for a goofy side project that would be cool. I'm really excited about this new camcorder I have; I'm going to try recording everything Halo-related at PAX if possible.)

blamite

Ooh, montage time? Sounds great, I'll see if I can find any clips of me actually playing decently. I really liked watching the Halo 3 montage, so it'll be cool to be in this one.
How to submit:
- Send me a PM on GAF with a link to your submission.
- Email me a link, or even send me the file if it’s small enough. (ncsuDuncan@gmail.com)
- Submit a link in the form below.
Duncan, do I need to do all three, or would just filling out the form on Halogaf.com be enough? I don't want to spam you with links in three different places if I don't have to. :p

Duncan, do I need to do all three, or would just filling out the form on Halogaf.com be enough? I don't want to spam you with links in three different places if I don't have to. :p

Any one of those is sufficient. They're equally convenient to me, so whichever one works best for you.

Karl2177

Did you ever post the full stats on sniper headshots and such, last time I read you were at the Ms.

I have everyone now. On 2/25/2012 with 3450 competitive games played, you had 3766 Sniper Kills with 2029 of them being headshots. This means your snipe headshot percentage was around 54%. You had a combined total of 24474 headshot capable weapon kills with 16511 headshots. This is 67.4% finishing percentage.

HaloGAF has a total of 246426 sniper kills, with just under 60% being headshots(147489). For the other headshot weapons HaloGAF has accumulated 1412409 kills and 1093145 headshots. (77.4%)

EDIT: Duncan, do you mind if I send you the current Excel sheet with these stats to upload to HaloGAF.com?

I'll rehost them on imgur later. Does anyone know where can I find big size pics if Reach's medals? Maybe someone at 343 can throw me some links, I remember some high res pics being posted in a BWU.

El_Chino

I think we've been spoiled with the amount of information we've received from previous Halo releases after they were announced i.e. Halo 3 ODST and even more with Halo Reach.

zap

Nice, you should compile all of those stats on the HaloGAF website.

Having some leaderboards posted on HaloGAF.com would be awesome... Though probably a lot of work, especially seeing as the API will no longer work in a month or so. :/

Game Types
1. Capture the Flag – Countdown
2. Capture the Flag – The Pit
3. Capture the Flag – Sanctuary
4. Capture the Flag – Zealot
5. King of the Hill – Battle Canyon
6. King of the Hill – Nexus
7. Team Slayer – Battle Canyon
8. Team Slayer – Countdown
9. Team Slayer – Penance
10. Team Slayer – Sanctuary
11. Team Slayer – Zealot

Nexus King over Powerhouse King.

Shameful.

Other than that, it's a good list I think.

Full details about the new settings

343i is an amazing art team. Let them create something special. Only green will look terrible. Otherwise green will always look terrible.(Except it is metallic green)

I have the Reach console, and I just know I'll end up getting the Halo 4 one (assuming they make one). Not that I need it... I just have a problem.

EDIT: On a side note, that glossy white console sure is pretty. Very clean, like a white Viper or Aston Martin.

I was really hoping for powerhouse king over nexus :/

Penance came as a surprise too, never played that MLG map variant, any impressions?
I am not too fond of vanilla Penance..

Fracas

#fuckonami
You know, maybe I'll give this MLG thing a shot. Should I even bother going into the playlist alone, or would I get destroyed?

Karl2177

Having some leaderboards posted on HaloGAF.com would be awesome... Though probably a lot of work, especially seeing as the API will no longer work in a month or so. :/

The program I wrote to collect these stats stopped working(for no reason) when I got to Gui. Everyone after him on the list, I went to their page on bungie.net and copied it down. Personally, I would do an update stats form, but i have no idea how it would really work. Then to top it off, who would actually update their stats and who would put in 5 billion DMR kills?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You know, maybe I'll give this MLG thing a shot. Should I even bother going into the playlist alone, or would I get destroyed?

MLG would be a fantastic playlist if it had a larger population so you either didn't get matched up with pros, or some foreign aid worker playing off of his hamster powered xbox, with his tin can and string internet, playing out of Papua New Guinea.

I was really hoping for powerhouse king over nexus :/

Penance came as a surprise too, never played that MLG map variant, any impressions?
I am not too fond of vanilla Penance..

Damnation has been a competitive scene favorite for a long time.

I'm hoping for party restrictions to be entered into the playlist when 343 updates the settings. With party restrictions and these settings, I could get into the MLG playlist. Not trying to go into the playlist and get wasted by teams of 4 all day though.

343 have party restrictions in Team Objective and Anny Classic, so I think they should add them to the MLG playlist. Not to throw that in there lap though, as I'm pretty sure it's MLG's call. I think Jeremiah said back when the playlist was created that they offered to have party restrictions in the playlist, but MLG turned it down because of a concern with search times.

Fracas

#fuckonami
To be honest, getting matched up with insanely good, coordinated teams is what keeps me out of a few playlists. I vastly prefer objective over slayer, but everytime I go in the Team Objective playlist, I'm matched up against a team full of really good players, while my side is comprised of herping, derping, horrible randoms. Same thing in the beta and squad DLC playlists. The handful of times I dabbled in the MLG playlist, I got the exact same result. Then again, I'd assume that's more of a mishap on Trueskill's part, though.

lol I need to get better at Halo, don't I

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Disappointed. Don't want Nexus King anymore. And no CTF Beaver Creek? Wtf that's a classic gametype.

Booshka

MLG would be a fantastic playlist if it had a larger population so you either didn't get matched up with pros, or some foreign aid worker playing off of his hamster powered xbox, with his tin can and string internet, playing out of Papua New Guinea.

I've heard these things never Red Ring.

Oozer3993

I got the perfect clip for the montage: a Killtacular with an AR. It's a thing of beauty. I sprayed, then I prayed, and lo, from the heavens, God answered.

P.S. Duncan, if you need some music, all 247 of my Taylor Swift songs are at your disposal ;)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Found some cool(ish) things for the montage, I'll pm you tonight Duncan. A couple Killtrocities in Slayer and Swat, and a great moment in BTB where we got a bunch of randoms to just teabag with us in a group, all 8 of us lol.

Booshka

Whenever I click on something on the dashboard that starts to load the Zune Marketplace I start to panic and immediately try to dashboard back out of it. I hate loading that shit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Still use my OG 30gb Zune. Love it. Gonna get a Zune HD soon.

And yea Cyren and Risen already spoke to David about the MLG playlist so we knew it was coming in April. Major letdown.

Edit: My avatar is a picture that was loaded with the Halo 3 Zune.

Why can't MLG ever have more than 6 different maps? Not every map needs both slayer and objective. Find a way to fit in 7 maps or something.

And no Beaver CTF? wtf

To be honest, getting matched up with insanely good, coordinated teams is what keeps me out of a few playlists. I vastly prefer objective over slayer, but everytime I go in the Team Objective playlist, I'm matched up against a team full of really good players, while my side is comprised of herping, derping, horrible randoms. Same thing in the beta and squad DLC playlists. The handful of times I dabbled in the MLG playlist, I got the exact same result. Then again, I'd assume that's more of a mishap on Trueskill's part, though.

lol I need to get better at Halo, don't I

Shouldn't get matched against full teams in Team Objective anymore, it has party restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom