• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Sorry Fyre, but no thanks. Spartan vs. Spartan or Elite vs. Elite please.

Wouldn't matter in Infection, Action Sack, or FFA. Or Rocket Hog Race. Besides the fact that most of the Elite gametypes are now non-TU since 343 has yet to put out TU variants with Elites on. Where's my Elite CTF and Elite Assault? Nowhere. We got TU Rocket Hog Race though, because I guess 85% bloom, sword buff, and bleedthrough were important for the future of the gametype. And TU Infection, because what we needed was the humans to have a pistol with even less bloom.

Doesn't Gears or CoD have bots you can play against in custom games? Can someone briefly describe how they work (for those who know)? Can you edit difficulties/scripted paths in any way?

I'd love something like this for our custom maps but I don't know whether it would be possible unless you were able to lay the paths yourself after you built the map.

Gears has bots in customs. I forget if they have a difficulty you can set. Perfect Dark still has the best ones, IMO.

If they were to add bots, they'd just need to let us place bot nodes in Forge or whatever map editor there is.

Wouldn't matter in Infection, Action Sack, or FFA. Or Rocket Hog Race. Besides the fact that most of the Elite gametypes are now non-TU since 343 has yet to put out TU variants with Elites on. Where's my Elite CTF and Elite Assault? Nowhere. We got TU Rocket Hog Race though, because I guess 85% bloom, sword buff, and bleedthrough were important for the future of the gametype.

Infection: Elites move faster (although the zombies should be elites, that would be cool)
Action Sack: Several of the gametypes would be affected by Elites being able to move faster, jump higher, recharge shields faster, etc.
FFA: Same reasons as Action Sack
Rocket Hog Race: I guess that would work

It's not acting like they don't exist, it's allowing the Universe to be "big", that we don't need to through every feature or component of the universe at the wall everytime.

Give Covie's some room to breathe.

Completely agree, especially with the bolded.

See, for a player like me, I know the Chief is up shit creek without a paddle. I know the Covenant still exist, but if I am meant to be lead to believe that I am quite far away well I should hope I don't see any Elites. I don't want familiar enemies in a not-so-familiar enviornment. I want new experiences to get to know.

Don't think you'll ever see Elites in Reach matchmaking because they were specifically designed to be different from the Spartans, wouldn't make sense for them to be in matchmaking.

Just like evade was designed specifically for Elites, and...oh wait

:lol, I'm still waiting for an Elite CTF gametype with covenant weapons and vehicles.

FyreWulff

wat
Who would play as Spartan if you could choose to be an Elite in FFA?

Who plays FFA as a serious gametype?

Certain replies to that thread are why I really don't care to have the ability to make new threads. Dat OT threadshitting.

:lol, I'm still waiting for an Elite CTF gametype with covenant weapons and vehicles.

SHIP IT. Remember to remove Sprint though, because Elites explode if they sprint while holding an objective. And by explode I mean they fall through the ground.

Striker

The PP start would ruin any vehicle fun. The EMP on it I despise, and if the gun actually returns, I hope it is removed. Realistically it won't be though, adds to that Fair Gameplay™ - though I suppose that's partially due to the AWFUL vehicle stun. -_-

I rather see something like Elite CTF/Assult in 4v4 stuff than that garbage called Flag Slayer, and other junk like 3 Flag and Hot Potato.

The PP start would ruin any vehicle fun. The EMP on it I despise, and if the gun actually returns, I hope it is removed. Realistically it won't be though, adds to that Fair Gameplay™ - though I suppose that's partially due to the AWFUL vehicle stun. -_-

Just add 8-10 Ghosts into the map to balance it.

Who plays FFA as a serious gametype?

Quite a lot of people. To quite a lot of people, being able to play against every player in a match and hold your own is quite a feat.

FFA =/= Action Sack/Infection

It's still the very same Halo we all know and love. So people have more people to kill and, as a result, more action is present. Suddenly that makes it less serious? What a stupid question from, what I was lead to believe, was a smart person.

FyreWulff

Quite a lot of people. To quite a lot of people, being able to play against every player in a match and hold your own is quite a feat.

FFA =/= Action Sack/Infection

It's still the very same Halo we all know and love. So people have more people to kill and, as a result, more action is present. Suddenly that makes it less serious? What a stupid question from, what I was lead to believe, was a smart person.

We have two FFA lists. You can leave one as the seriouscore hardtimes and the other one as the Social FFA equivalent from Halo 2 and 3. But thanks for the compliment I guess?

Except we already had Arena FFA and it died from a lack of population. Hence my "stupid" question. I guess we might as well follow the lead of having two BTB lists that only differ by one gametype because what we really need is less choice amongst the absurd amount of playlist we're stuck with.

Enough people take it as seriously as you take your Community Cartographer title.

Those people should have supported Arena FFA then. Under TU settings Elites would be like playing with Blackeye on, so they're not much more powerful than Spartans under title update settings. And the Community Cartographer stuff has nothing to do with this, thanks.

Ramirez

Enough people take it as seriously as you take your Community Cartographer title.

ohsnap.gif

Amazing, I like you.

Certain replies to that thread are why I really don't care to have the ability to make new threads. Dat OT threadshitting.

Yeah it can be discouraging but I don't really give a shit. They need to tell everyone how they're not participating instead of just not participating, oh well.

We have two FFA lists. You can leave one as the seriouscore hardtimes and the other one as the Social FFA equivalent from Halo 2 and 3. But thanks for the compliment I guess?

Except we already had Arena FFA and it died from a lack of population. Hence my "stupid" question. I guess we might as well follow the lead of having two BTB lists that only differ by one gametype because what we really need is less choice amongst the absurd amount of playlist we're stuck with.

Oh right, because Arena is where all the serious players go, right? Terrible logic aside, I just think you are ignoring that, while some playlists may be serious or fun, the fact remains that there are no downsides to picking an Elite. This isn't Halo 3 where people had perceived the Elite models had different hitboxes. This is no longer some placebo thing. For you to add Elite models into modes whereby any increase in health/speed is an advantage to Elite players is incredibly stupid regardless of how fun/serious a gametype is.

Oh right, because Arena is where all the serious players go, right? Terrible logic aside, I just think you are ignoring that, while some playlists may be serious or fun, the fact remains that there are no downsides to picking an Elite. This isn't Halo 3 where people had perceived the Elite models had different hitboxes. This is no longer some placebo thing. For you to add Elite models into modes whereby any increase in health/speed is an advantage to Elite players is incredibly stupid regardless of how fun/serious a gametype is.

I'm pretty sure this isnt placebo

FyreWulff

As I already stated, under a 100% TU Reach, Elites would be heavily nerfed as they cannot pick up health packs and the bleedthrough bug would mean they never actually get their health back. Hence why I only stated they could only appear in certain playlists, and only in certain gametypes. You'd still be forced to Spartan in things like Oddball FFA, but I see no real issue with mixed Elite and Spartan King of the Hill, especially with the bleedthrough bug present which would make it harder for an Elite to hold a hill, canceling out the minor speed advantage they have. They also take noticably longer to come out of Armor Lock, so they'd be even more nerfed with the AL changes present.

And if it doesn't work out, well then just update the playlist to be Spartan only again in all gametypes. If we're going to have too many playlists and playlists that duplicate functionality, then I'm just saying maybe there should be some actual choices present. I don't want a "safe" matchmaking experience determined by focus groups / marketing departments. Give me more experiences like Flagstravaganza and Team Melee and Team Control and Firefight Versus. There's a whole freaking scripting engine out there, use it.

As I already stated, under a 100% TU Reach, Elites would be heavily nerfed as they cannot pick up health packs and the bleedthrough bug would mean they never actually get their health back. Hence why I only stated they could only appear in certain playlists, and only in certain gametypes. You'd still be forced to Spartan in things like Oddball FFA, but I see no real issue with mixed Elite and Spartan King of the Hill, especially with the bleedthrough bug present which would make it harder for an Elite to hold a hill, canceling out the minor speed advantage they have. They also take noticably longer to come out of Armor Lock, so they'd be even more nerfed with the AL changes present.

And if it doesn't work out, well then just update the playlist to be Spartan only again in all gametypes. If we're going to have too many playlists and playlists that duplicate functionality, then I'm just saying maybe there should be some actual choices present. I don't want a "safe" matchmaking experience determined by focus groups / marketing departments. Give me more experiences like Flagstravaganza and Team Melee and Team Control and Firefight Versus. There's a whole freaking scripting engine out there, use it.

And everyone else in here sees an issue with mixing Elites in.

After Halo 3, Bungie designed the Elites to be separate for this very reason, and because they were designed as such, the problem would be more pronounced than it ever was in Halo 3.

There are no positives in introducing Elites into the Spartan gametypes, only negatives.

I've never hit the credit cap, at any level they had it at. I don't see how you could play that much in a day.

That's not a dig about Reach, just playing that much of a game in a day in general.

As I already stated, under a 100% TU Reach, Elites would be heavily nerfed as they cannot pick up placebo packs and the bleedthrough bug would mean they never actually get their health back. Hence why I only stated they could only appear in certain playlists, and only in certain gametypes. You'd still be forced to Spartan in things like Oddball FFA, but I see no real issue with mixed Elite and Spartan King of the Hill, especially with the bleedthrough bug present which would make it harder for an Elite to hold a hill, canceling out the minor speed advantage they have. They also take noticably longer to come out of Armor Lock, so they'd be even more nerfed with the AL changes present.

Fixed. What about speed differences?

FyreWulff

I've never hit the credit cap, at any level they had it at. I don't see how you could play that much in a day.

That's not a dig about Reach, just playing that much of a game in a day in general.

I tried to intentionally hit it once back before the raise by playing matchmaking, I never hit it. And that was when the limit was 60,000. I don't even know how you'd get to 200,000. Firefight? Which is strange because I've had to do all the weeklies so far, and always thought I'd bump into it while doing the Play X games or Play X games and win weeklies. To Ellis or Frankie: think we could get a breakdown of the population at each rank like Bungie did before raising the cap in a future bulletin? I remember before the rank cap was raised, there was a relatively small amount of people actually at the cap.

Ramirez

Nice! You got tweeted about too! I wonder if he ignored you as well. Dude gets pretty salty. I didn't even call him out or anything either when I got tweeted on. He must like you more. :(

I think I'm the passive aggressive snob, so I'm in the twitter club too!

kylej

Banned
lol who complains about HaloGAF people on Twitter instead of just posting in the thread. shit is hilarious. I want to throw 99% of the people here in a blender and get EazyB back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom