• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

I have no clue how legit this is
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/197/e/e/unsc_display_screen_wallpaper__v2_by_echoleader-d57izpy.jpg[img]

Zoom in bottom right[/QUOTE]

That's fan art, you have grifball which is basically assault with ball throwing enabled. I heard you can give the ball an arming time too.

FyreWulff

It wouldn't be far fetched for Assault to be based off the Flagnum (re: that imagE), either. Would actually be a callback to Halo 1 Assault.

edit: that's fan art? IGNORE PREVIOUS LINE

OT, but damnit id. You can't play Doom 1 or 2 if you install the Doom 3 BFG disc:

vOgdR.jpg

wut

You know what's awesome...

Throwing the oddball at an enemy player to stop them from shooting you.

Oddball is going to be my new favorite gametype.

Karl2177

It very much is, but I'm trying to separate it's functionality from the appearance of the objective itself (ie it could be a bomb with a magnum or an oddball with a magnum, same functionality)
I got that much. It just seems that some of the verbs are multifaceted.

Moa

110% Weapon Damage Info
Battle Rifle - FOUR Shot Kill - ALL Battle Rifle shots have to hit.
DMR - FIVE Shot Kill
Pistol - FIVE Shot Kill

If they give us the option to give points for kills on players with the oddball, regular kills, and kills with the oddball, then I'm bringing back my gametype "Hot Potato". :) *crosses fingers*

Gui_PT

Why did you guys look at the chat to close it?

Just click a button and it goes away.

"Well I should close the chat but it'd be rude of me not to read what people are saying before I do so"

Tawpgun

Did you guys end up playing a game of Oddball after I left?

Last I heard you had to "accept" the catch, probably by holding X.

Just launched waypoint from my 360 and apparently I haven't unlocked any Halo achievements so all of my milestones and awards are gone.

Edit: Same thing on the website...is it just me?

Did you guys end up playing a game of Oddball after I left?

Last I heard you had to "accept" the catch, probably by holding X.
We did. You don't have to accept the catch to pick up if you're on the opposing team. Basically you're dropping the ball for the enemy team to auto-pickup, by throwing it at them.

Enfinit

Welp, just got back from Walmart and grabbed a few bags of Doritos. None of the big bags or Dew yet, just the small one-serving sizes.

Also, a couple Halo community members have spotted/bought some UNSC controllers out in the wild earlier than intended. One specifically grabbed one from EB Games in Canada. Just came back from GameStop (picked up Dishonored based off Cyren's and other's reccomendations) here in the States, and the clerk said that the UNSC controllers are slated to ship on the 19th and arrive on the same day or the following Monday.

Also, have a safe trip to all who are leaving NYC (and the States for Hypertrooper)!

Top Bottom