• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
Just played through the first episode of TWD and it was pretty good although I wish I had more control over things...

Clementine is going to die right? :( I just fucking know it.

Just played through the first episode of TWD and it was pretty good although I wish I had more control over things...

maybe it's just me, but the game is glitchy as fuck. people jumping from one spot to another, game freezing for a couple of seconds. audio levels seem weird too.

Halo 3 had relatively poor DLC adoption until the Mythic disc. They need to start doing it again.
Oh, I'm not saying that isn't effective, but I'm saying that if they offer a better DLC deal in the first place like COD and Battlefield do, they might get a decent number of people to get the DLC to begin with.
We're through the looking glass here.
We have to go back?
Yeah, they did, but they didn't have a full scale studio for that entire duration. Most of the work really started less than two years ago, and even then they were still hiring people from the men's toilets.

Never mind the amount of folks that joined 343 than quit before Halo 4 was even finished.

When Halo 4 came out they had no sustain team, no playlist manager. No real plan or direction for the game post release bar map packs and poorly received Spartan Ops.

They shipped a game with a ton of bugs and issues, missing game modes and broken half-baked features.

The actual campaign, direction wise, is all over the place. Multiplayer was seemingly outsourced to at least two outside developers.
Agreed on everything except for the bolded. There has been weekly updates to MM since the day the game dropped, clearly there is a sustain team in place.
Bravo is the sustain guy for Halo 4. When was he hired?
Like Bungie did, I'm fairly positive there is a sustain team, it's not just a single person.
halo 3 was mediocre
Truth bombs.

Fracas

#fuckonami
yeaaa

but who really does. Call it anything besides Halo and it then becomes a decent game.

I consider Halo 4 mp average compared to other shooters on the market. I prefer Blops II.

For me, the only thing this game has going for it is campaign, and it's one of the weaker Halo campaigns.

ElRenoRaven

I really think the biggest thing hurting Halo 4 multiplayer is the maps to be honest. I think if we had some well made maps that aren't cluttered with rocks and crap everywhere more would enjoy it. I know I love playing on the couple maps that aren't littered with crap everywhere.

Anyway, I'm all caught up with that shit so I'll be with you guys when Season 3 rolls around.
You've just watched the show right, so you'll be in the much pleasanter TV only thread?

Dodge a million orc arrows while jumping on platforms over lava. Cant dodge three big ass black arrows from one ugly dude.
28739266.jpg

Duji

Dodge a million orc arrows while jumping on platforms over lava. Cant dodge three big ass black arrows from one ugly dude.

Funny how I just watched that movie with my friends last night. lol

The goblin archers suck, that's why. That "one ugly dude" was the Uruk-Hai MC.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Agreed on everything except for the bolded. There has been weekly updates to MM since the day the game dropped, clearly there is a sustain team in place.

There's backend staff for sure. But why wasn't the multiplayer rolled out with supervision by one person? The position that Bravo now fills should have been filled long before Halo 4 shipped, and the person in that role should have been the leading force in driving the post-release plan.

Right now Bravo is just freshly minted. He's learning the ropes. He inexperienced too, very inexperienced, he's not done anything like it before. That role should have been filled months ago, by someone credible and with experience. Someone working with the multiplayer and backend teams and knowing what is expected of them and having the pedigree to take charge.

I wish Bravo all the luck in his role, but it's not position that should have been.

I really think the biggest thing hurting Halo 4 multiplayer is the maps to be honest. I think if we had some well made maps that aren't cluttered with rocks and crap everywhere more would enjoy it. I know I love playing on the couple maps that aren't littered with crap everywhere.

The quality of the maps is above Reach's initial selection IMO. The problem is the ratio of small to large maps.

Yep. Ain't got time to read the books.

I've only read through book 4, so I mostly stick to the TV + Spoiler tagged book spoilers thread and it's fine. The spoiler-tagged book only thread doesn't get a lot of traffic.

There's backend staff for sure. But why wasn't the multiplayer rolled out with supervision by one person? The position that Bravo now fills should have been filled long before Halo 4 shipped, and the person in that role should have been the leading force in driving the post-release plan.

Right now Bravo is just freshly minted. He's learning the ropes. He inexperienced too, very inexperienced, he's not done anything like it before. That role should have been filled months ago, by someone credible and with experience. Someone working with the multiplayer and backend teams and knowing what is expected of them and having the pedigree to take charge.

I wish Bravo all the luck in his role, but it's not position that should have been.

I'm pretty sure Bravo is just part of a team theres been quite a few positions with the same title as the one he was hired as. I would safely assume theres an experienced lead in charge of them whos gone unnamed for reasons obviously.

I need to be in there. I need to kick and scream at the top of my lungs in the highest of offices at 343 until they hear me.

Funny how I just watched that movie with my friends last night. lol

The goblin archers suck, that's why. That "one ugly dude" was the Uruk-Hai MC.

Yea watched it the day after Christmas got all three on bluray real nice so far. Two Towers is the second one right? I havent seen them in so long I forgot which order the last two went.

kylej

Banned
experience got us the guy who worked on socom PSP games to be lead multiplayer guy, and a guy who worked on the turok remake to be creative director.

less experience more passion pls

experience got us the guy who worked on socom PSP games to be lead multiplayer guy, and a guy who worked on the turok remake to be creative director.

less experience more passion pls

Passion made Halo CE and Halo 2.

Experience made Reach and Halo 4. (And a bunch of Millys)

Which is precisely why I'm fairly certain that Bravo is just one member of the sustain team, and certainly isn't in charge of it.

Duji

Yea watched it the day after Christmas got all three on bluray real nice so far. Two Towers is the second one right? I havent seen them in so long I forgot which order the last two went.

Yes. Fellowship -> Two Towers - > Return of the King.

You watching the extended versions?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Only so much playing with radar I can take in a night. 2 games back to back on Adrift with radar. No thanks!

Yes. Fellowship -> Two Towers - > Return of the King.

You watching the extended versions?

I dunno I'll check tonight they are like single movie Blu-Rays. They each have two discs in them. I'm probably watching Two Towers tonight then. Have to get all fictioned out for The Hobbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom