• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

m23

Yes. Fellowship -> Two Towers - > Return of the King.

You watching the extended versions?

I was watching them the last few days. They are great movies, but I fell asleep when I was trying to watch them. The lengths of these movies are just too much. Of course they were amazing the first time though.

Yep. Ain't got time to read the books.
Well enjoy then, I didn't read the books until after I'd watched season 1 and it was probably the most insanely intense and exciting season of a TV show I've watched not knowing what was going to happen.
I've only read through book 4, so I mostly stick to the TV + Spoiler tagged book spoilers thread and it's fine. The spoiler-tagged book only thread doesn't get a lot of traffic.

There are a couple specific book threads, but for the show, there will be two threads: A book readers thread were all spoilers from the books have to be marked with the books that they are from and a TV-only thread were no spoilers in any form are allowed and which I will patrol like a hawk and any offenders with be the subject of "PMs to mods for advice", HaloGAF style.

ElRenoRaven

The quality of the maps is above Reach's initial selection IMO. The problem is the ratio of small to large maps.

I've only read through book 4, so I mostly stick to the TV + Spoiler tagged book spoilers thread and it's fine. The spoiler-tagged book only thread doesn't get a lot of traffic.

I dunno. I really liked Reach's maps. A couple were very complex but for the most part they were really simple still. With Halo 4 they seem to just stuff as many rocky spots and debris everywhere on the map. I don't know if it's due to the AAs or what but the maps just fill so stuffed and have no real flow.

I'll say I do like Adrift and Oh damn it I want to say Haven. You know the one that was shown off pre-release. Those two have a flow to them and don't seem to be filled with a ton of unnecessary junk, rock piles, debris, etc all over them interestingly enough.

But serious y'all. We all love halo. I mean, at least I like halo.

I think we all do. I know I was extremely hard at the beginning. I do admit I was a bit too hard on the campaign. Multiplayer wise it's a diamond in the rough. I really do think without the random ordinance drops, AAs, and some more refined maps that are designed to have a real flow you would have a game that's equal to Halo 2/3 easily. Well all that and the nerfing of the DMR. I really feel the range on that weapon just too damn extreme. It really ruins the flow on maps. The Valhalla Remake is a prime example of how it can ruin a map.

We lost solders today.

Yes solders come and go though. Always remember.

RIP

group%20solders%20and%20fluxes.jpg

Omni

From earlier pages. Just catching up from last night.
Halo 4 - Requiem level screen dump. 100+ images

http://imgur.com/a/yxFDj#0

Forerunner screendump. Thanks to Nowise, I remembered the Blind skull existed. 170 images or so in this one (I'll go back through it later tonight and remove the ones that are too similar to each other)

http://imgur.com/a/FybUX#0
Thanks! These are great! :D

But seriously, I expected some nuggets in the story that would have fans salivating for Halo 5 on a new xbox. But Halo 4's ending feels pretty damn final, at least for the Chief.
Yeah, me too. I was shocked that Halo 4's story was pretty much standalone... It doesn't really leave us wanting to know what happens next.

Expecting some kind of epic finale with Spartan Ops though. That's the only way they could get me excited for a sequel.

I dunno I'll check tonight they are like single movie Blu-Rays. They each have two discs in them. I'm probably watching Two Towers tonight then. Have to get all fictioned out for The Hobbit.

I did a run through the of EE's last year spaced a couple weeks apart. RotK is really long. They still hold up well though. I think Fellowship benefits from the Extended Edition the most, whereas RotK might actually suffer for it.

Well enjoy then, I didn't read the books until after I'd watched season 1 and it was probably the most insanely intense and exciting season of a TV show I've watched not knowing what was going to happen.

There are a couple specific book threads, but for the show, there will be two threads: A book readers thread were all spoilers from the books have to be marked with the books that they are from and a TV-only thread were no spoilers in any form are allowed and which I will patrol like a hawk and any offenders with be the subject of "PMs to mods for advice", HaloGAF style.

Yeah, I knew that. I meant the bolded one.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Play Team Slayer Pro.

REAL HARDCORE PLAYLIST PLOX

Virgin Gaming challenge!

Actually I was playing Infinity Slayer.

I'm going to do a huge video and article on why radar sucks so badly. How it has a negative impact on gameplay and has gotten progressively worse as the series goes on and the radar keeps improving. MIND BOGGLING SHIT.

From earlier pages. Just catching up from last night.

Thanks! These are great! :D

Yeah, me too. I was shocked that Halo 4's story was pretty much standalone... It doesn't really leave us wanting to know what happens next.

Expecting some kind of epic finale with Spartan Ops though. That's the only way they could get me excited for a sequel.

QTE minigame where you have to kick a forerunner artifact as Palmer.

Story summation of Spartan Ops:
Halsey: "According to my research, it seems that this Forerunner artifact is actually a Forerunner artifact.
MEANWHILE ON REQUIEM, OTACON IS GIVING JUL 'MDAMA ENGLISH LESSONS
ALSO A SPARTAN DID A THING
H A L O : I N F I N I T Y

I did a run through the of EE's last year spaced a couple weeks apart. RotK is really long. They still hold up well though. I think Fellowship benefits from the Extended Edition the most, whereas RotK might actually suffer for it.

Agreed.

Gandalf gets his staff broken, WTF is that shit?

Wait, Juices is going through LotR? Just got finished with the DVDs tonight. Been posting my thoughts on Twitter. Too much rambling for the thread other than my ranking: RotK > FotR > TT.

I still wonder, what are the chances of perfect remakes from forge making it into the game?

Some of the most fun maps too.. Doubtful that they ever will.

Call me crazy but I thought the first Classic Playlist in Reach was the best in that game ;\ (didn't mess too much with Squad Slayer though). Those should've been the settings across the board from what I remember.

And sltPoison, quit your spam shit breh.. Bottom line, Ozzy was ignorant, they snapped and got banned for it. As misinformed as Ozzy may seem sometimes, he's never disrespectful like some of you guys, YET many of you say you treat these forums as if you were talking to each other face to face. What's with the hypocrisy? You wouldn't talk like that to Ozzy in real life.. and if you had those feelings towards him, you just wouldn't be around him. I feel like I'm a high school teacher sometimes as I've said this kinda stuff for other people, but if you dislike someone that much why not just ignore and use monsterfracas's Chrome extension?

Trigun_Ep4_Screenshot_Love_and_Peace_084-150x150.jpg

B]

I forgot that heckfu and co were banned, so while catching up on this thread I thought heckfu was spamming the thread and talking to himself for a second

Pop

All we're doing now on here is running in circles. There's not much else to talk about with Halo 4 anymore, now we wait on 343i
haha SOON

So March?

Talents

Banned
its only a button press..Bioshock was System shock 2 underwater and not as awesome... cant wait for Bioshock 2 next year. Ken Levine <3

anyone know if those bans are perm or a few weeks

Heckfu's is for 3 weeks.
Cyren's is for 2 weeks.
Not sure about Tunavi though.

Another 20 matches today. Two host migrations - maybe 3 or 4 games where I noticed lag, but it never got crazy, and one match of Infinity Slayer that started 3 vs 1 but filled with players before we took our first steps.

All the rest was warthoggin', killing frenzies in a nigh EMP-proof Banshee, some crazy 4 on 4 slayer matches on Harvest of all maps, and lots of teamwork and explosions. I saw one boltshotting camper who got nowhere, and a few camo campers hoping to get their CQC challenge XP only to fall victim to the classic hologram-reverse-assassination move.

This game is fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom