• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

All Gamestops do. That's a true gamer - understanding what fun is and passing that on to the next generation.

Somebody write the Wreck-It Ralph screenplay with this.

I try my best to not cause one of those horror stories that I see all the time online. Honestly having kids in the store that are legitimately into games or is trying to is nice because I get to be a nerd and just recommend a lot of games I played as a kid like Banjo Kazooie, Megaman, Legend of Zelda OoT and explain why they were so amazing growing up.

Today has seriously put me in an obnoxiously good mood XD

Trasher

Get that mai waifu bullshit animu fwap outta my american Halo.

The king in the north.
Greatjon.png

So has anything cool come from that Halo 4 gametype editor? A Halo CE gametype would be amazing. I'd love to play some Anniversary Slayer in Halo 4 on some HCE remakes on Forge Island.

Ramirez

Yeah, why is a frame $140? Jesus I can buy my own frame for like $10.

Finding a frame for my ODST pic was hell, and when I actually did find one that fit it, it wasn't that nice. A high quality frame isn't cheap, though I'm sure it's overpriced on there, but you're paying for the convenience too.

Omni

Got the Castle Map Pack DLC early again (no u4ix I didn't steal them). Anybody has any questions and whatnot feel free to ask.

Are the ground textures on Outcast (I think that's what it is called... the one that is green) as bad as they looked in earlier screenshots and/or videos?

Trasher

Really Over-exaggarted but still.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HCVH1M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Not willing to look for a cheaper one, either way I'll still order the lithograph, just without the frame.

40-60 bucks can get you a solid frame (for standard sizes). It really all depends on how you value your piece though.

And yeah, usually when a site offers to frame it for you the price is going to be jacked like that. I'm sure you will be able to find a good frame for that in the 50 dollar range.

Madness

Lol my frame for my diploma was well over $200. A $10 frame is for babbies.

Same. I just had to get the best frame they offered. I figured 4 years of studying deserved it. Once I'm done with my next degree, I'll probably try and top the frame again.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Played against some kids today who know how to abuse Infinity Settings.

It's just too crazy.

Tashi

Details please.

Well first of all, radar. Next we were playing on Landfall in Doubles which shouldn't be in there and has way too many power weapons of dubs. Next DMRs and PV for both of them. And then personal ordnance on top of that. We got stomped. But I wasn't even mad. It's like losing in action sack. It's a circus if you try to play competitively.

Omni

Well first of all, radar. Next we were playing on Landfall in Doubles which shouldn't be in there and has way too many power weapons of dubs. Next DMRs and PV for both of them. And then personal ordnance on top of that. We got stomped. But I wasn't even mad. It's like losing in action sack. It's a circus if you try to play competitively.

How did they abuse the settings then? Sounds like they were playing Infinity the way it was designed

:lol

J10

Banned

LOL I don't see any abuse in anything you just described. That's the way Microsoft designed the game to be played. What really happened to you is you just played Halo 4.

Madness

I think ammo breaks infinity too. You won't believe how many incineration cannon or fuel rod gun or sniper shots you can get with it.

I get frustrated though. As in what's the fun in it? I wouldn't mind it if infinity slayer was a playlist in action sack, but as the definitive Halo 4 playlist, nah.

J10

Banned
It's abuse because it's a casual gametype.

It's abuse because you keep playing the game even though you shouldn't. You're the battered wife in this scenario. There are programs for people in your situation - Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, etc. Seek help.

Omni

So I've come to the conclusion that the first half of Halo 4's campaign is pretty amazing - right up to the point where they release the Didact (which is probably one of my favourite moments in any of the Halo games). And then they go and ruin it all by making us play through levels like Infinity* and Reclaimer. Composer is pretty awesome though.

It's almost like after making the first half of the campaign, they thought "fuck it, just do whatever".

*I've noticed that anything that has the word "Infinity" in it is destined to be a piece of crap.

Tashi

It's abuse because you keep playing the game even though you shouldn't. You're the battered wife in this scenario. There are programs for people in your situation - Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, etc. Seek help.

Yea that's it. I hate this game but I keep coming back. Ok guy.

Booshka

Yea that's it. I hate this game but I keep coming back. Ok guy.

Well it is a Halo game, what else are you going to play?

What you described sounds like Halo 4, it doesn't sound like abuse or anything. Literally exactly what is to be expected from Infinity Slayer with players who are trying and not total idiots.

It's poorly designed Halo, and you shouldn't play it.

Tashi

What you described sounds like Halo 4, it doesn't sound like abuse or anything. Literally exactly what is to be expected from Infinity Slayer with players who are trying and not total idiots.

Oh I don't. It got voted in Doubles by these guys. I avoid everything Infinity.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh I don't. It got voted in Doubles by these guys. I avoid everything Infinity.
It would be so much better if infinity would just stay in its playlist, Doubles and FFA would be so much better if it was pro mode only

Edit: went yesterday back to Halo 3, feels good man.

LOl did everyone see the hitler video in the thread about Adam Orth?

Tunavi

Banned
The MLB 360 application is awesome, even without a subscription. Daily highlights and game recaps. Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Everyone should pick it up if they don't have it. if you like MLB.

heckfu

Banned
Just finished Bioshock Infinite and wow. Jesus, this is easily in my top 5 games this gen if not all time.

Just...yeah. Yeah.

IHaveIce

Banned
You said they were using PV the entire time? Why not use you a stealth loadout to counter that? Nothing better than surprising someone spamming "pro" vision
I wouldn't want to miss stability ever again in gametypes with loudouts

Just finished Bioshock Infinite and wow. Jesus, this is easily in my top 5 games this gen if not all time.

Just...yeah. Yeah.
I agree, what a perfect game atbthe end of a generation

Sounds like how 4 is supposed to be played. Once again they put in a bunch of shit and you have to strip it all out to get any semblance of balance.

Another couple teasers.

That looks great! I'm very much down for testing that one out, so wherever that list is put me on it.

I can't wait to pair these bad boys up with some bolder gametypes with that crazy tool posted earlier.

Just...yeah. Yeah.

Agreed. It's great when a game comes along and not only matches, but exceeds my expectations. Sessler's review was great. Don't forget to hit the spoiler OT, too, lot's of good stuff there.

heckfu

Banned
Agreed. It's great when a game comes along and not only matches, but exceeds my expectations. Sessler's review was great. Don't forget to hit the spoiler OT, too, lot's of good stuff there.

I HATED Bioshock 1, too. I just bought this game on a whim based off some recommendations in this thread and was knocked on my ass multiple times by game play, visuals, amazing audio cues, story telling, and the list goes on.

And regarding the story, I'll be thinking about this game from a lot of stand points for weeks at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom