• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Elaborate why? I personally think it looks great since it shows the only thing, 343i nailed with Halo 4.

OMG. Map looks incredible! Are you going to test it today? I want to try out!

Because its some anime inspired bullshit with Cortana giving Chief bedroom eyes through the glass, ugh.

wwm0nkey

You sayin' I like dudes?

seymour_coloring-hiimdaisy-pt-1-kanji.png

Even if you have no beef with the gameplay, which amazes me in the first place, there's no real incentive to continue playing MP. That's what skill ranks are for, and that's why they're being added in. Though without them visible in game, I doubt many people will care.

Ranking system or not, the games in H4 just aren't memorable. Still to this day, I can remember individual games from H2 and H3 from 5-8 years ago. I don't remember specific H4 games from last week. I think this is mostly due to the uneven starts and the watering down of the core principals that once made the game great, along with the random elements that have been forced in.

Halo 4 is the Applebee's of video games. You can go and eat there, and the food's OK, but it's likely not going to be a night to remember.

GrizzNKev

Banned

I fucking love hentai.

*cough* One Piece *cough*

YA YO

YA YO

gonna be king

of

the

pirates

Ranking system or not, the games in H4 just aren't memorable. Still to this day, I can remember individual games from H2 and H3 from 5-8 years ago. I don't remember specific H4 games from last week. I think this is mostly due to the uneven starts and the watering down of the core principals that once made the game great, along with the random elements that have been forced in.

Halo 4 is the Applebee's of video games. You can go and eat there, and the food's OK, but it's likely not going to be a night to remember.

That analogy is hilariously accurate.

I would say Halo 4 is Chili's, actually. A lot of restaurants stick to a core ensemble of food - say, Outback or Panera - but Chili's has everything that they could possibly get from other places. Hell, they sometimes even combine these elements in hopes of additional success - like their mango shrimp tacos. Now, that's not to say the food is bad; the food is actually alright, and at a good price too. But that's just it; it's just food. And GAF's finest basement nerd connoisseurs will immediately report, with as most salt as is applicable, that they got bloody diarrhea afterwards, much like Taco Bell. The sad thing is, with some polish and refinement, Chili's could be the Cheesecake Factory - another place who's something of a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to food, and has cheesecake. But it won't be. Not for a while.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I would say Halo 4 is Chili's, actually. A lot of restaurants stick to a core ensemble of food - say, Outback or Panera - but Chili's has everything that they could possibly get from other places. Hell, they sometimes even combine these elements in hopes of additional success - like their mango shrimp tacos. Now, that's not to say the food is bad; the food is actually alright, and at a good price too. But that's just it; it's just food. And GAF's finest basement nerd connoisseurs will immediately report, with as most salt as is applicable, that they got bloody diarrhea afterwards, much like Taco Bell. The sad thing is, with some polish and refinement, Chili's could be the Cheesecake Factory - another place who's something of a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to food, and has cheesecake. But it won't be. Not for a while.

Maybe Halo 5 can be more like On the Border. A place that provides an interpretation of something that already exists, and although not at all authentic, provides some incredibly great tasting options that make eating there exciting.

Tawpgun

Lemme just say that putting both a neutral wraith and neutral mantis on a map is a bad idea. Nothing stopping a team from getting both easily. I mentioned this before, but I got the mantis and I think Claude's son got the wraith and we were destroying the other team to the point where it wasn't even fun for me. I could even see Duncan getting frustrated. I willingly walked the mantis off the map to a suicide in order for the game to be fun again.

Lemme just say that putting both a neutral wraith and neutral mantis on a map is a bad idea. Nothing stopping a team from getting both easily. I mentioned this before, but I got the mantis and I think Claude's son got the wraith and we were destroying the other team to the point where it wasn't even fun for me. I could even see Duncan getting frustrated. I willingly walked the mantis off the map to a suicide in order for the game to be fun again.

I agree. Each initial spawn area should have equitable vehicles. What you want to have in the neutral area is the heavy weapon to deal with them, like what Bungie did with Valhalla and Standoff.

Of course, the PP starts in H4 screw all of this up anyway. A decent team isn't going to let you run the map with a Mantis or one of the tanks. A bad team is going to be powerless against them. Seems like it's always one extreme or the other.

I'm in the minority here, but I think "High Charity" is still one of my favorite levels in the Halo series, ever. Same as Floodgate. Excellent atmosphere.

Tawpgun

Actually, to those with the maps, I didn't get a chance to test this at PAX... is the ordnance static? It was for Majestic.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
One of the achievements (maybe more, I don't remember) were able to be done in customs for Majestic. Just curious if they did it again :p

Yeah, I know the Bird of Prey one could be gotten in customs. I don't think they're going to make the same mistake for Castle, but it's possible.

Stopped reading after this.

Its like playing Halo 4 and want Halo 2 mechanics because is the only thing you like because you never played other thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom